Narfell Map Contest

• NARFELL NEEDS MAP MAKERS!

I've started a new project and to help me finish it, I will need TONS of "generic" and not-so-generic maps. The map types we need are listed below.

Prizes

Wilderness Maps
    1st Place (Most Maps Accepted) - 2000 1e xp and 5 point item
    2nd Place (Most Maps Accepted) - 1000 1e xp and a 4 point item
    3rd Place (Most Maps Accepted) - 500 1e xp and a 3 point item

Location Maps
    1st place (accepted map) - 4000 1e xp and a 9 point item
    2nd place (accepted map) - 2000 1e xp and a 5 point item
    3rd place (accepted map) - 1000 1e xp and a 4 point item

Maps

16x16 "Wilderness" maps

These maps should be of the following type:

• snow: hills, mountains (passable and IMpassable), and plains, shore line
    • grass: hills, mountains(passable and IMpassable), and plains, shore line
    • forest
    • desert: sand and shore line
    • swamp types
    • caves (any variety)

While no transitions are needed on the edges of the maps (since we're going to put those in ourselves), there should be "exits" in all four directions (north, south, east, and west edges) and these exits should be no wider than half a tile. Use trees, cliff faces, etc. to block off these exits.

Be as creative as you like. You may use up to 100 STATIC placeables. It is advisable that you do not put placeables on more than a single tile (over a grid border), it's more resource intensive that way.

16x16 "Location" maps

Dungeons, ruins, nifty places to go: Areas can span multiple 16x16 maps or be vertically aligned like a dungeon. If you're going to do the vertical version, please connect the doors. Transitions that will go between multiple area maps do not need to be blocked off to half a tile width as above.

Placeable rules apply as above. If you want to do anything more creative than that, talk to me or Will about the feasibility of the idea.

Please send all maps to dorakhan(AT)gmail.com with "Narfell" somewhere in the subject line. Send MODULES.

• Bumpity Bump

Devs are in need of some generic interiors/fort/cave maps so if you want some ez xpees and are familiar with the toolset get crackin

Size in this case won't matter too much. Bonus points if you can fit several map locations into a single map (think Norwick - Interiors, Blackbridge - Interiors, Peltarch - Interiors, etc)

If you need guidance on any specifics for the map just ask an available dev in discord.

• CONTEST WINNERS!

Wilderness Maps
    3rd Place (Most Maps Accepted) - 500 1e xp and a 3 point item
    Nimbrethil

2nd Place (Most Maps Accepted) - 1000 1e xp and a 4 point item
    Preacher - Awarded

1st Place (Most Maps Accepted) - 2000 1e xp and 5 point item
    Fraoch - Awarded

Location Maps

3rd place (accepted map) - 1000 1e xp and a 4 point item
    Still Contested

2nd place (accepted map) - 2000 1e xp and a 5 point item
    Nimbrethil

1st place (accepted map) - 4000 1e xp and a 9 point item
    Fraoch - Awarded

_Thanks folks for all of your submissions. Some -really- nice work has been submitted. Expect to see some of that work in-game in the future.

I'd also like to express how impressed I am with Fraoch's submission of FIFTY-FIVE quality maps._

• I will stop accepting maps at 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, July 17th.

I will then spend the next week organizing them, then touring DM/PG volunteers through the maps to start voting.

• While I have received a number of maps, still looking for more!

Planning to close the contest (for entries) the weekend of July 15th.