Tower Shield Working Right?

• Uncanny Dodge 1 works as stated.

"The character retains his Dex bonus to AC, even if caught flat-footed or attacked by a hidden or invisible creature."

People just tend to think that it means you keep Dodge AC when flat footed becuase of the name. The description of the feat says Dex bonus, and that's all it does.

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Uncanny_dodge

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Flat-foot

• @87ea6ff5de=Dorakhan:

@87ea6ff5de=Fraoch:

@87ea6ff5de=AubreyMaturin:

Nothing spotted me right away, but while standing still, a ghost pig suddenly took a run at me and started attacking.

When you are not actively engaged in combat, you lose all your dodge ac. This includes ac from boots, tumble, and bard song. The reduction doesn't show on your sheet, but is applied.

And your dex bonus AC without the uncanny dodge feat.

Not that that works as stated either, from what all the level 2 barbarians tell me.

AubreyMaturin, it sounds like you successfully hid despite the penalties, and then another interval passed in which you did not remain hidden from them. Remember, Hiding's a continuous comparison of your hide check and their spot check, and that is checks, not ranks. Therefore, to successfully hide 100% of the time from anything with 0 ranks in spot and and a 10 Wisdom, you need enough bonus to beat them even if they roll a 20 on the spot check, which means at least a hide of that and one more.

• @68a0d9e3f9=Fraoch:

@68a0d9e3f9=AubreyMaturin:

Nothing spotted me right away, but while standing still, a ghost pig suddenly took a run at me and started attacking.

When you are not actively engaged in combat, you lose all your dodge ac. This includes ac from boots, tumble, and bard song. The reduction doesn't show on your sheet, but is applied.

And your dex bonus AC without the uncanny dodge feat.

• @d78b5b7c9c=AubreyMaturin:

• The base tower shield item provides +3 AC when equipped, but also an armor check penalty of -10. This penalty applies to most dex base skills, including hide, move silently, and tumble. The +1 bonus on the shield you bought offsets this penalty, so the effective penalty is -9.