Miss Cotton...Elf no more

• **For the first time Cotton stands in front of the camps gathered gypsies as a beautiful young human female aging between 17-19 years. Those that know her can easily tell that it is truly the old Cotton they look at, from her now slightly almond shaped green eyes that sparkle with energy to her petite frame and voluptuous form. Jet-black hair now hangs lose, flowing to her waistline, thick like a lion’s mane as in the past.

She nervously clears her throat looking them over right before the voice they all know begins to softly flow off her lips**

Me can see the shock on all yas faces, an me not blame yas none for it..guess me is sorta ah shock at first she steadies herself and continues Most yas know for ova eight years now me has been helping the Ice Mephit, Wingy Thingy as most us call em.

Afta all them years of struggling ta gather the pieces to his contraption, the machine he said would rid our region of Slaads. We finally dids it!

Well when he put this machine tagetha, it turned em back into his true self. Ah beautiful Silver Dragon. Guess now me calls em Big Wingy grins at them all

He now gonna works out ah plan ta rid the salads smirks at her bad joke an make life easier for allot of folks in Narfell. An he say that me would receive ah boon for all me years of stand’n by em, even though many hated an tried ta hurt em. Even though some refused ta listen ta me an othas. He still come through for us an was kind ta offer me this reward.

looks to the passing clouds letting out a soft breath, almost a whisper

Wingy as ah Dragon, back years afore me knews it was him, on anotha plane me guess. He plucked ah spine from off his back an let me use it, let me borrow this Rapier of sorts ta help in the quest. An as promised me gaves it back to em when he made whole again.

Me died many times dur’n all the years of try’n ta gatha the pieces, lost many friends to who helped. Me lose many memories in all the times me fall, always come’n back to the liv’n thanks to Mielikki. Maybe weaka, but back all the same.

Slowly lowers her gaze back to the crowd, her eyes drifting from Grag, then to Kaona, Tala, Elrin and Bridie. Tears slowly start to stream both cheeks as she speaks

Me pray on this boon for days, sat an thought bout it non stops. First me was gonna ask for em ta bring peace to the region, or feed the hungry an needy. But.. but then me realize that if he had the power ta do this, me nor anyone else would havta ask, he would do it on his own.

So for once me thought, thought bout wha me fatha always argued with me bout, all the times me was beat an scolded for not hear’n his words.

Me thought bout meself for once wipes at her eyes fighting not to start crying in front of all her friends and family

Me.. me not have the heart ta watch me love ones pass with age..pass as me stays young.. I not have the heart ta endure it. If ya think me foolish then that’s fine, yas think wha yas want. But nows me can live an pass with those me calls family, an the one me calls love eyes go to Grag

So.. me.. me ask Big Wingy ta makes me ah human…. an he dids with magick

Me hopes ya will still care for me as ya friend, as ya family even if me outside not Elven, me still Cotton, still the same ole silly breeches.

For me brotha Dranth died in me arms, he tells me.. tells me one thing. It not ya race or how long ya walk Toril, it... it how yas lived that mattas to the gods.

holds a hand to her heart trying to compose herself and waiting on their responses

((OOC :: Over the last 8 RL months, I believe is the length this quest has been ongoing for Cotton and some others who have come in and out of it. I like to say thank you to all who helped and to Andelas who made us think, problem solve and most of all, kept us entertained in all aspects of the game.

Thanks again folks! :hug: ))

• from up in the branches of an overhanging tree, Andu sits and watches the going-on. A warm smile comes to his lips as he hears Cotton explain her recent change, and for a whistful moment, his thoughts turn to Tindra. Glancing down at the festivities, Andu slowly begins to climb down the tree, shifting into the form of a panther as he does so.

Without a word, he then goes off in search of Tindra, after being truly touched by Cotton's message

• Watches Rask whisper to the wind then walk out of camp, she shakes her head and glances over to Jacqueline who spoke of his and Ka’ell’s feelings a few days prior

Yas know me not spect everyone ta agree with wha me dids, but for the life of me I not understand why folks put themselves on pedestals an judge othas, or figures how they feel is right. Then agains, maybe I the one whos wrong?

she shrugs and starts to smile seeing all her true friends happy and having a good time, none sitting in judgment of her

Ahh well, fark it.. me stills thinks highly of them both

giggles sipping back some wine

• _Rask stands in the background, a hand running gently under the stubble on his chin. He was present when Nawen first appeared with the change. After a firm discussion with his master, Ka'ell, along with his own rather confused thoughts, he has come to think of this as a wasted boon asked of the dragon.

"People could have been braught back…now her boon, and her life has been wasted, all the people she could have helped in the future with her longevity as an elf, will now go unaided..." Rask whispers his thought to the wind, and turns to leave the camp, wishing her and Grag to be happy, but in the same isntance, a great dissapointment hangs over him.

He continues on to return to Spellweaver, as he has things to study this night, and thoughts to get out of his head._

• _Elrin stands next to Tala as Cotton speaks, their beautiful daughter Sarah'linae squirming in Tala's arms. He just smiles as Cotton finishes, before adding a few words of his own.

"I owe you so much already…. I am thankful you decided to do something for yourself for a change, lest I be even further indebted to you. He says with a slight chuckle, before getting serious.

"Nothing has changed, Nawen… We will always be your family, you will always be my friend."

He squeezes Tala's shoulder lightly as he speaks, and nods to Cotton, smiling warmly._

• Kaona just looks at Grag blinking at his comments. With a toss of her hair, she starts rolling in laughter.

Geesh, Graggie-poo…no war hammers, pleaseshudders at the thought then looks for someone to hide behind

• rolls her eyes at Grag's comment and swats his backside laughing
    Yas naughty bugga.. sheeeshh..

• Legion

Already going through the emotional roller coaster of the changes he seems a bit more steadyt then the sobbing mess kaona and holds them both tight grinning in cottons eyes he looks up and says "Me nea eva been wit a human girl an let me tell ya its A guud ride! "trys to get a luagh form everyone and laughs himself then goes to sittin down with cotton for a bit

• Kaona leans against one of the trees watching her sister. She knew that Cotts was going to ask that boon of the dragon. Sis had told her and Anakore at the fire a few days back. As she listens to Cott’s words, tears slide silently down her face as she smiles gently at Cotton’s big heart. When Cotton is done talking, Kaona pushes herself off the tree moving towards her sister.

Sis, it don’t matter what you look like. You will always be my sister and if possible, I love you more now than I did….smiles tears shining bright in her glittery eyes as she pulls Cott’s into her arms for a big hug

When Kaona finally lets Cotts go, she passes her to Grag who is towering behind her. Kaona pats him on the shoulder as she moves out of his way….

Your turn, brother….smiles as she makes her way back to her tree