Celia StClair

• Character Name: Celia StClair
    Player Name: Red Serpent
    Forum login: Moon

I find the smooth, cool, granite walls inside the Temple of Torm comfort me as I keep my silent vigil. Soft echoes amongst the vaulted ceilings remind me of a bubbling stream as it runs its way down the mountainside. Evening meditation inside the sanctuary brings a calmness and focus to my mind and guides my spirit. I know my story has just begun, but when Sister Annette takes her place next to me, I can’t help but think of my past, as it is what makes me who I am, who I wish to be, and who I hope I can be.

Sometimes I think she can read my thoughts.

“Celia - ma petite cherie, it has been a long time since you were delivered to us. I count every day as a blessing.”

I was left at the Temple of Torm in Audelais when I was just a baby, in the heart of winter. The clerics do not know who left me, or why. If my parents are living or dead, I do nor know, yet I do know they must have been good people, to seek Torm's guidance for their child. I imagine the hardship they must have faced when leaving me here. Perhaps they could not give me a good life, so they depended on the mercy of Torm to shelter me and raise me. No matter what their reasons were, I know it was for the best.

The temple could have sent me off to one of the orphanages, but Sister Annette, who was one of the younger clerics at the time, saw me, and could not let me go. She knew I was destined to make a difference, however small it may be. So she took me in, and raised me within the Temple.

She rests her hand on my shoulder. “You have been like a daughter to me. I will miss you every day that you are away from us on your pilgrimage North. May Torm’s blessings keep and guide you.”

I can hear the emotion carried in her voice. There are things I’d like to say to her, but I must keep my vigil through the night in silence. Out in the temple courtyard, Sir Raynault du Luc, Master of Arms for the temple, starts his swords class in the coolness of the evening.

When I was old enough to wield a weapon, the Temple guards trained me, and the clerics taught me the ways of Torm. I vowed at a young age to prove myself worthy of being His faithful servant.

Now that I am grown, I have seen battles. I have seen evil. I am ever determined to strike it down with my conviction and unbending faith, to show mercy to those in need, and let the Hand of Justice guide my way.

My thoughts return to my god and the travels I have ahead. I am still uncertain if I am worthy of Him, but I am faithful that Torm will guide my way. In my journeys I hope to learn more about my past, and my future. Perhaps I will find evidence of my family. Perhaps not. Torm is my Father, the Church is my Mother. I am content in this.

I have also wondered if my path will follow not in the footsteps of Champion, but in those of a Cleric of Torm. I am young, nothing is certain, except my faith that Torm is with me, guiding me in the pursuit of all that is good and just. If he wishes to grant me the strength to protect with divine gifts, I shall accept them gladly and I shall not disappoint him, nor stray from his path.

“Defend the Faith” Sister Annette whispers to me as she stands to leave.

I pray that Torm guides my heart, and my soul.

• ICC

Thanks!

Reviewed, XP Pending!

• ICC

I need you to post your Forums login and your Character name (full name), please 🙂
    cheers!