The New Barbarians [Challenge]

• I rather like the totem idea. Cohesion, yet at the same time they are nominally polytheistic.

• It's not that I'm against Auril, it's just that the idea of a Totem tribe screams cohesion to me, and would certainly ally for Auril worship, although the tribe, as a loose organization, might frown on the worship of any deity that threatens its people and livelyhood.

"Dat Tempus, him okay. Battles are good. Wars are good. Spoils are good."
    "Dat Bane/Torm/Helm/Tyr, him a jerk. Always telling us what do. Fark him."
    "Dat Auril, she not so bad. But she kinda harsh and bitchey. If you piss her off, we'll set you out in the cold and let her deal with you."

• Auril fits in nicely as a Barbarian deity 😉 the Great Glacier is just up the road after all.

• The Utghart are an idea, and one I like. As patron gods for barbarian tribes go, being totemic worshipers beats the pants off Tempus and his "Fair Play, No Tricks" attitude.

We could even create our own Totem, perhaps a beast spirit that showed them the way out of danger and into the land of Narfell. (No, we will not worship the Great Squirrel, the Wild Weasel, or the Bandicoot.)

I especially like the idea of a Totemic tribe because it gives them the freedom to worship other deities on a character by character level while still giving them a cohesive core identity and cultural background.

• I'm thinking of the following backstory:
    The small band of nomadic hunters hails from a far away land. War, famine, a great monster, the Shadovar…something has driven them from their homelands, down from the glaciers at the spine of the world, or up from the jungles of Chult or Halruaa. They were once many in number, but now they are few. However they are still a proud people, relentless and unwilling to give up. They have made their way to the Nars, hearing tales clear waters, opens plains, and great beats in its woods, along with the promise of treasure and commerce.

My character concept IS a Barbarian/Druid, and the keeper of the tribes beasts. He finds, raises, tames, and cares for many of them (though obviously a man is expected to care for his own dog or horse).

But just because I'm playing a Barbarian class don't think that means you need to be one. It's just...suitable.

• I gave it five minutes of thought and I figured out a way to justify creating another character. 😛 So, count me in. Also, you might consider Uthgardt. Other suitable deities might include Ulutiu, Valkur, or if the barbarians are from Mulhorand, any from the Mulhorandi pantheon.

• You'd only be required to play for one day at the minimum. Every PC we get is another number in the ranks. And you could still contribute to the creation.

• You know, I kind of like that idea. If it weren't for the fact that I already have… around ten characters, at least three of which are level 2, then I'd totally roll up a character for this. Maybe I will anyway.