*Letter to the Mayor*

• A letter is delivered to the Mayor's office by delivery boy, it is written on rather plain parchment and the writing of the letter is educated and clearly feminine

Dearest Mayor of Norwick,

My name is Kat and it is with great sadness that I am writing this letter to you. I am a priestess of the Mother of Cats, Sharess who had recently moved to Peltarch. Not a few days after I moved I visited your fine village of Norwick when I was approached by a loud and boisterous man in red and gold armor named Commander Locrain. Locrain had heard my desire for better armor so he rushed me away to the local barrocks, made me give away my old gear and gave me new gear, a suit of armor and a decent morningstar. He told me that I was a militia member but never once did he explain my position, what my duties were, how I was to act or have me sign any contract of any kind.

A few days went by and I tried to do what duties I felt should be done to the best of my ability. I had heard Locrain talk to another visitor that only locals were allowed to join the militia and it was then that I explained to Locrain that I was officially a citizen of Peltarch. Locrain however did not seem to care and I remained a member of the Norwick militia. It was only when I expressed my interest in fest halls due to my service to my Goddess did he become upset and told me I was no longer in the militia due to this reason. Locrain demanded I come back to the barracks to take my old armor but he was acting hostile and irresponsible so I simply made my way back to Peltarch.

On my way however, Locrain rushed up from behind with a hostile and blood-thirsty gaze. I was scared and tried to reason with him, but he would have none of it so I continued on my way. I heard him draw his steel and start to charge me so in fear for my own life I used my Goddess's blessings to make an escape before the raging Commander cut me in twain. I am writing to you in safety in Peltarch as I am sure you can understand my worries about coming to Norwick.

I wish to further discuss what can be done as I am fearful to travel back to your fine village.

Sincerely,
    Priestess Kat of Sharess there is a lipstick kiss next to her name

• Kat, after finding out that Norwick is governed by a chancellor and not a mayor decides to re-write and re-send her letter with the proper wording and some additional content

Dearest Chancellor of Norwick,

My name is Kat and it is with great sadness that I am writing this letter to you. I am a priestess of the Mother of Cats, Sharess who had recently moved to Peltarch. Not a few days after I moved I visited your fine village of Norwick when I was approached by a loud and boisterous man in red and gold armor named Commander Locrain. Locrain had heard my desire for better armor so he rushed me away to the local barrocks, made me give away my old gear and gave me new gear, a suit of armor and a decent morningstar. He told me that I was a militia member but never once did he explain my position, what my duties were, how I was to act or have me sign any contract of any kind.

A few days went by and I tried to do what duties I felt should be done to the best of my ability. I had heard Locrain talk to another visitor that only locals were allowed to join the militia and it was then that I explained to Locrain that I was officially a citizen of Peltarch. Locrain however did not seem to care and I remained a member of the Norwick militia. It was only when I expressed my interest in fest halls due to my service to my Goddess did he become upset and told me I was no longer in the militia due to this reason. Locrain demanded I come back to the barracks to take my old armor but he was acting hostile and irresponsible so I simply made my way back to Peltarch.

On my way however, Locrain rushed up from behind with a hostile and blood-thirsty gaze. I was scared and tried to reason with him, but he would have none of it so I continued on my way. I heard him draw his steel and start to charge me so in fear for my own life I used my Goddess's blessings to make an escape before the raging Commander cut me in twain. I am writing to you in safety in Peltarch as I am sure you can understand my worries about coming to Norwick.

After writing my original draft of this letter, which you may or may not have received, I was confronted by two individuals who had been hired by Locrain after he put a bounty for my return to Norwick. They had wanted me to return, and even though I had offered to return the items they still refused. Thankfully they left after a while without too much confrontation though I fear they or more will come.

I just wish for this to be resolved peacefully and without me having to fear for my life.

Sincerely,
    Priestess Kat of Sharess there is a lipstick kiss next to her name

• Locrian, bemused, addresses the mayor personally on the matter when the letter is mentioned in meetings.