In the Temple of Lathander - Shadow War

• Legion

Too right.

• Perhaps we can strive to work together on this rather dangerous issue, we hath missing people, our lands our in danger.

Things that cannot be tolerated in such matters; is everyone pulling in different directions, running off with items, demanding items or accusations.

By the gods I am sure these Shadovar are laughing at the ineptitude and lack of loyalty and duty being shown by us. We are making their task easier the more we bicker and seek to self aggrandise.

• Legion

Nods That sounds wise.

And elidor, I'm not sure if I should apologise on behalf of the Legion or not yet, but this would make the second poor report I have heard about you. Can we count on you not to scurry off with vital clues and pieces of information when you come across them? The whole point of meeting together like this is to pool our resources and knowledge yes? the fact that an item of the Shadovar was found on Hoaran turf is useful information. Information that was only heard here once someone had reported your behaviour.

Are you on our side?

• Dondiah, who has also been there (pretty much the whole of the adventuring community is) offers a snicker at Elidors comment.

I'm going to have to agree that we get back on topic here and stop pointing fingers. It seems we have many issues but many capable people to aid in solutions. Perhaps we can divide into several groups to tackle the plethora of problems?

A group, perhaps those that were there when Val was taken, can be tasked with being the rescue party and anyone who wants to volunteer can come along to aid? They could plan strategy and rescue, as that is an immediate need, while the rest of us work on the overlying issue by research and discussion here.

• "Well, then you can give it to Mariston."

• Elidor, hardly hiding whatsoever and in fact in the shrine himself talks

I was sitting by the south gate of this town, when a woman asked me If I could help retrieve some things she had dropped up on being shot by hoarans. I gladly accepted and accompained her. We went through the safe route and I saw her pack with her things just a few metters ahead. I dealt with the archer so she could take her things. Then, without she saying anything to me, I just spoted somethign on the other side, sneaked my way risking my life to take it. After picking it, I left the hoarans be. No reason to risk my life any further.

I could see what the orb was, and she demanded me to give it to her. She ordered me, a "civilian" to hand it to her. She wanted to hand it to the legion. She threatened me to take it by force, and I just left.

I would urge someone to ask hammerhand to drop this "holy crussade " against me, which is pretty ridiculous and holds no ground whatsoever. He's just making a fool of himself.

• _"Right, just like I expected, Elidor did it again.

One of the orbs was spotted in the pass, and Lyda tried to get it. She got Elidor's help in this, but he ended up stealing the shadow orb and turning invisible, leaving Lyda to fend off the Hoarans herself. And almost die in the process."

Hammer looks at Mariston pointedly at this.

"Do you still think he can be reasoned with? That we shouldn't treat him like the traitor he is? He's even walking around in black robes these days."_

• @02da77284d=Kayleb:

Alright… maybe we should just take some chill berries and relax a bit.

Best thing we can do now if follow leads. and do more research. Find out more about what they are looking for and where they may be hiding now.

We know where they're hiding. They're in th' Norwick Crypts, they claim 't as there own.

• Hess stands and regards Troff carefully before speaking.

"It seems to me that the Shadovar know exactly what they are doing, and that they are succeeding based on your reactions here.

"They are counting on a heartfelt, emotional response. So far, that's what they are getting I think. Logic would dictate that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. As sad as it is that one of our friends is lost, it would be devastating to put others in danger because of it. Surely this is what they are expecting.

I have met Val a few times and am saddened that she is not with us. I do not know her as well as many of you–but I would ask her close friends to consider what she would tell you to do if she could speak to you right now. I am betting she would not want others sacrificed, possibly many innocents, because of her situation.

• Legion

Alright… maybe we should just take some chill berries and relax a bit.

Best thing we can do now if follow leads. and do more research. Find out more about what they are looking for and where they may be hiding now.

• Troff lets out a low throaty growl to Hammerhand. His eyes flash with anger at him.

I am not giving up on Val just because it might be to hard! Th' Shadovar took her, th' Shadovar know where she is! I'll find one myself and git th' words outa him 'f I have to!

Troff fumes after his outburst looking all the people who suggested giving up on Val with a hard angry stare.

• _"… are you seriously that naïve? You didn't think there would be losses?

It sounds like Val could travel into the plane of Shadows and back. So -of course- they would target her. Nobody ever forced her to tamper with this sort of magic, but she still did. Just what -exactly- do you think we can do that -doesn't- involve the Shadovar getting free shots at us while we're chasing this?"_

• Legion

Folks, if the shadovar specifically targeted Val then I would say it was because they know that keeping her a prisioner or killing her aids them and puts us behind. It's a step forward for them and a step back for us. That's why we need her back.

That, and … well .. if we stop caring about our comrades then what good are we? May as well let the Shadovar just takeover the place if we don't care about each other.

• _Hammer nods in agreement with Helena.
    "We'd only waste time and, probably, people trying to find Val right now. It's not pretty, but there's nothing we can do at this point aside from praying for the gods to throw their own weight behind us.

What we can do is try and find Cedric, but we shouldn't focus on that too long either. He came here to fight the Shadovar, and he probably would want for that to get done, rather than getting saved at the cost of.. well, probably a lot."_

• Helena comes to speak out her opinion on the matter:

"Val is captured, yes. She knows a lot of our plans. However, look at the matter - it is distracting us from the main goal of defeating the shadovar. Daisy tried to, not only scry on her, she used Discern Location - which was intervened divinely by one miss S.H. Arr. It is my opinion, that to locate and rescue Val, we first must defeat the Shadovar - to make this deity pull her stakes from the game, and thus make finding Val even possible."

• Legion

If they grabbed her it's either because they want to use her or they want to keep her from helping us. At the very least, we should recover whatever is left of her so she can be resurrected.

If it's true that she can move in and out of the plane of shadow then she is going to be a key when it comes to defeating them.

• "It has to be said though: while we're putting our time and efforts into finding and saving her, we're not getting closer to defeating the Shadovar. And you can be sure they aren't waiting for us either."

• Legion

folks may not have noticed Marty at the meeting. She's short.

Any venture to find and rescue the Bard Val will have the full support of the Legion.

• Then I shall ask where didst they take Cedric?
    No paladin would become blooded to that foul place, tis folly in the extreme. If they hath taken him to Oscura twouldst would bode ill indeed.

Now Val went missing where, in the barrows under Peltarch?
    Hmm hath thou asked the Cerulean Knights to investigate in case of possible magical traces?

//Charisma 17 (no buffs)

• Ael'Que responds to Mariston, repeating most of what Troff had said

Val was taken by the Shadovar. The one who took her was a powerful mage. We have had Lady Daisy try to scry for her. So far we have had no luck. We believe she was taken for something she knows. Something she might not even realize is important to them. A search of her room at the colledge revealed no clues.

As far as Cedric, some in Oscura have been trying to get him there for sometime. They even had him considering to be Blooded. I had thought he was over that foolishness. I fear if they have finally lured him there, then a resue party will be needed. I can not imagine why they would have wanted him there, except for evil purposes.