In the Temple of Lathander - Shadow War

• _"It would explain why this lost city hasn't been found before, if it's on the bottom of the Icelace. But without the artifact complete, what could they accomplish with this?

It could also be a huge portal for them to send a fleet trough. Maybe they've decided that destroying us works just as well as trying to steal the artifacts back."_

• Lycka nods agreement and relays the rumours of strange storms and shadows from the northern Icelace shores, noting a possible likeness to the storm formerly raging over the ruins of Jiyyd.

"Given how quiet it's been here of late, this rumour might suggest our foe has moved north. The Glacier hides much of ancient civilization, some of which might have been unearthed again after the um.. heatwave following certain war-related events. Perhaps our fallen city lies north? In any case, I think it merits investigating."

• Priest Janick

Perhaps soon we can rally a force to discuss the next steps in our battle against the shadovar?

• Val nods and either motions for Fadia to speak, or lets her pull her aside, if that's what she's looking for.

• The Halfling Defence League

Before we begin, Val, I need to talk to you about Furlinastis.

• Troff Legion is one of those entering with Val. It seems hes finally back amongst the living.

• A smiling Val arrives in the Temple of Lathander with a new sword in her scabbard, and some friends in tow. Seems her trip went well. She takes out some paper and writes a note for all to read.

@7e7c1e72d4:

We successfully recovered the sword, I can sing again. Speaking is still beyond me and it is likely that I will never speak again, but I can now cast my spells and aid you all in the fight to come.

I have a plan for what is to come… a dangerous plan, but one that I believe is the best option for the future and safety of the realm. I will speak with Rith and some others that I wish to hear the advice of, then I will share it with those who are to be involved.

• Priest Janick

I think it a blessing that Val has been returned safely and aiding her in the retrieval of this sword seems a logical step to take, I am told that a great deal of heroics went into her rescue and the disruption of yet another foul ritual. Those who fought valiantly in this should hold their heads high and be proud, as should all who have battled the darkness thus far should feel no doubts or question the importance of their work and sacrifices, for you battle a great evil, one that plagues not only our portion of the world, but many other realms are also infected. Our work here is proof that the forces of light can and will perservere and that the Dawn will always rise from the night.

• Troff's shadow orbs slipped to me when he passed, but that's still not enough to take even a small group. We'll need Val to take us there. And for that we need her sword.

In the meantime, I suggest the rest prepare and and stay vigilant.

• I think the next step would be to find that swowrd Val Kywre is talking about? I feel still weak and unable to focus pwropewrtly due the wrecent happenings, but I hope by the time we know whewre to go i'll be wready.

• "Alright. So what's the next step? Finding this shadow dragon and taking the artifact from it, then destroying it?"

• _"A witchhunt will get us no where. If you've evidence of an individual's betrayal, by all means, speak it. If not, then well will have to trust each other."

"But yes, Valentos is a probably a spy. Which is why he hasn't been invited into this meetings or any of our groups."_

• @8fe3365b99=Fadia:

I would advise you all to ferret out treachery within our own group, as well. Any who have arrived since this began, cannot be trusted. Plain and simple.

It's nothing personal, it's just the way it is.

Like who exactly, aside from this Valentos.

• The Halfling Defence League

I would advise you all to ferret out treachery within our own group, as well. Any who have arrived since this began, cannot be trusted. Plain and simple.

It's nothing personal, it's just the way it is.

• After reading trough the report, Hammer nods respectfully to Val.
    "For what it's worth, coming from me, it's good to have you back. Better with us than with them."

• _Rico, swiftly, is the first to offer his blade and life to help.

"We have missed you dearly."_

• A very weary looking but happy Val is there with Ronan as well, smiling with a hint of sadness in her eyes. She hugs each of those present who are dear to her, strangely without speaking. Afterwards, she takes out some parchment and begins to write in plain view.

@3dcb3ffe44:

My thanks to all of those who thought of me, prayed for me, sought me out, and especially those who came for me, thinking not of themselves first. I have much to share with you, so please, bear with me.

When I was kidnapped, the Shadovar General himself carried it out, and spoke with me once I was imprisoned on the Shadow Plane. There were three reasons he kidnapped me… one, I can cast the spell Legend Lore, which could have revealed information they wished kept hidden. Two, I can cast Shadow Walk, which will allow me to open the rifts between here and the Shadow Plane, and take as many people as I wish with me. Three, I know much of the land and could potentially aid them in what they sought to find.

I swore an oath before him, that I would die before I told him a single thing. They tried to break my mind with magics, but I resisted their initial attempts. And so began the game of cat and mouse. The cell they gave me was large, but dark... thankfully there were books there and a torch over my bed, so I could read. They seemed to not wish me harmed, as they did not torture me, but the isolation and taunts were difficult.

The General came to me again, after they had recovered an artifact from your hands. Told me that I would either aid them willingly, or they would cast spell upon spell onto me until I broke. And so, I bit off my own tongue. That act alone seemed to frustrate and confuse him beyond belief... so much so that I have not seen him since then.

They made no further attempts to interrogate me. Rest assured, they learnt nothing from me. But I have learnt much from them.

They have four of the five pieces of the artifact. The fifth piece is currently held by Furlinastis, the Ancient Shadow Wyrm, in his Prison on the Shadow Plane. I believe that the rift we need to use to get to there, is hidden within Arnath. Furthermore, should the Shadovar manage to recover the fifth piece of the artifact they will use the Ritual of Unwinding to bypass Mystra's ban, and restore power to Akinaeth, from which they will rule our land.

We cannot allow this to happen.

I believe that the Shadovar will try and use our attempt to recover the fifth piece as their own way to get to it, and attempt to wrest it from our hands again once we have dispatched Furlinastis, who is their hated foe. We must be prepared for this, and yet we cannot risk them getting the artifact piece themselves.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that I will not be able to aid in this recovery until I have undertaken a quest of my own. You see, when I bit off my own tongue, the wound became infected somehow with negative energy. It cannot be healed, and so I will never be able to speak again. There is hope however. I have heard whispers and rumours over the years of a Singing Sword, one that bonds with and harmonises with its user, allowing them to cast their spells and sing through it.

Using this sword, I would be able to cast Shadowwalk, through which we can get to Furlinastis.

Once I have recovered my strength, I will do some research and when I have a location, I will need strong arms and able minds to aid me. I ask for volunteers to do this, and I will not force anyone. Should it be necessary, I will do it alone.

• Ronan reports to all there..

Val'kyrie has been recovered, but not without casualties of our own. The ritual of Unwinding was stopped as well, but again… twas a very deadly battle where nearly all of us were killed, most of us being killed.

Still, we stopped part of their plan and rescued one of our own. Details will be forthcoming when I am less weary..

• That's still only five. That's not enough.

If more don't turn up, we'll need another plan.

• "Of course I've no problem with that." Lycka smiles lightly, handing the small object over. "The condition is to bring me back the tale of what happened, though! You know us bards, the ~story~ is where it's at."

//I've no means of getting IG to do the transfer, though I'll happily trash the orb once I'm back IG if it's been used.