In the Temple of Lathander - Shadow War

• I have only one, so I could use Lycka's one if she has no pwroblem with that? MarĂ­a says quietly

• I have two.

• Two orbs. That's enough for one to make a single trip. Anyone else?

• Lycka speaks up:

"I was recently attacked by a Shadovar assassin, quite boldly I might add, in the middle of the commons. All my assailant would say was 'a message from the Shadovar'. We gave chase and found a patch of darkness behind the Mermaid, from which a shadow stalker also emerged, after the assassin was slain.

The message, I interpret as something like.. 'stay out of our business, meddling Selunite-loving wench'. While I have NO intention of letting myself be scared off, the fact that both myself and Aelthas have been targetted by assassins makes me wonder if it wouldn't be better for our collective efforts if we took a step back. Make them think we're backing off, and maybe the rest of you will have a better chance.

I've one shadow orb to give to whoever is going off to search for the artifact or artifacts remaining. And you all have my ear, and my advice, for whatever that's worth."

//a good enough IC explanation for Christmas absence? Best of luck to all questers, I'll be back around Thursday next week, most likely. 🙂

• Perhaps we should divide our forces. One group to search Jiyyd, the other to search Mintas.

How many orbs do we have left?

• Kabul, who was again staying out of most of the other eyes, waits for Rico to finish his speach:

• If conflict is to happen, as Yngdir and Mary said, I'd rather have it on our terms, and not on theirs. We pick the war ground, prepare properly, follow a leadership and our fate will be more in our hands.

@60276ef2d0=cardamon:

It's either that or Mintas Rhelgor.

• If we know where to look, then it s time we go for it. Altough, we'll need some more experienced allies on those places. As I recall, they are too dangerous without the shadovar around. Mintas forest has come up for a few times now, I'd sugest to begin there, if we are to take this course of action.

• In my opinion, waiting here is just giving them enough time to fulfill their goals. But again, I'm merely a hunter, with no knowlgde about planes and rifts, and I'm going to follow the course of action we decide.

Once again he returns to his place, hearing what the others discuss.

• I don't know. There appears to be at least two factions. The Dragon may be his own. Don't trust anything the general told us, Troff. But either way, we need to find this last piece. We do need to force a conflict if we are to finish this, but on our terms, not theirs.

And when it comes to it, we need to destroy that piece.

One was found in the Rawlins. One in the Cold Caves. One beneath Peltarch.
    breathes a heavy sigh

We should look on the Long Road, beneath the battleground that was once Jiyyd.

It's either that or Mintas Rhelgor.

• which one are you referring to in the Rawlins?

The first one they found, I believe, was when we first encountered them south of the lake near the Glenn. Fadia later went into the cave and found where they had dug, and excavated something.

Is that what you are referring to?

• Th' shadow dragon is said 't hold at least one. And we do have a ritual or something 't git to him, don't we? Though I'd rather not do th' shadovars work for em.

• Priest Janick

If all reports hold true, and our assumptions are correct then it would appear that only one Artifact yet remains.

• Legion

So there is only one left to find?

• One was taken from a Rift inside the Peltarch Barrows through a tunnel leading to the Oscuran mines. That at least, may be one outwith their control. Though, were Sharrans the ones to do so, the Shadovar very likely have four.

• Legion

No that's a good point Sergeant. In the end, no matter what road we go down, there will be a conflict. Best we be well prepared for that.

• YngdĂ­r, a new addition to the coalition against the shadow considers his words carefully before speaking…

"What happens when we have the artifacts? They are clearly better at finding them than we here are. I do not like to guess - but it is very likely that to bring even one of these artifacts into our care would only invite them here to do battle with us. And even if we can keep it, to what end do we keep it? The inevitable is battle. I percieve but two choices, we recover one or two artifacts and dig in to defend for the rest of our lives - or we instead attack them; perhaps not by any conventional means. We may not win if we rely solely on arms. … But now I speculate, and I am not fully aware of our situation."

• If there are five artifacts, we can assume they need all five.

They have the one found beneath the Rawlins, torn from our very hands.

Our expedition confirmed they were in the Cold Caves, so likely the Hoaran report was true, as it described an object similar to the one we found.

They left Oscura wiithout a fight, which means whatever they wanted they probably got.

I would wager they have no less than three artifacts. They may have all five, and are preparing whatever dark magics they need. If there are any yet remaining, we should seize them. We'd need a way to circumvent an attack like before. Someone who can stand against their powerful General long enough for others to secure it, or some mystical means of evasion.

The alternative is a direct attack. We flush them out, attack, and steal or destroy one or all of the artifacts. I do not relish the peril that would place us all in.

• Priest Janick

"Has anyone yet come to any conclusions on how we can defeat these shadowy foes? They seem to have vanished, but do not think that it means the threat has left us. Any can still sense that their evil lingers and lurks."

• The Halfling Defence League

((I'd come, but I'll be at work from 9-1 est. So that's a no go for me.))

• ((Cant make that time, as I will be asleep. Good luck everyone!))

• //In that case I'm going to eat my dinner, stock up on potions, and wake up at nine.

_Rico Swift rallies everyone prepared to go, personally swearing each of them to the cause of thwarting the Shadovar and protecting the people of Narfell. To some it seems a hollow gesture, with no magical geas to back it up, but to Rico it matters.

"I do not doubt the honor and valor of any of you. I ask only for confirmation of what my heart knows. In return, I swear to do all I can to protect each of you in this task."

Rico is not Fadia, so once the oath is taken, he trusts everyone there and tells them to meet at the Crossroads upon the morn._

/If Rico's talked to you about going, you're invited. If you've got a well known Good PC, especially LG, you can assume an invite as well. I'll set the minimal level bar at Level 7. If in doubt, shoot me a tell./

• –EDIT: Due to lack of notice, will shift this to Sun, December 19th, 10am EST... 11 hours from posting.--