Camp Rosenritter

• Pulls five light crossbows and a few hundred bolts out of her pack.

Teach. It was a simple order. Should I repeat it?

• "Ok one, I use a crossbow.
    Two, No way, Its much more fun to watch Rico fail like this!

• An energetic Ash places two arrows in the target as she jogs past going who knows where, much less -from- where. Turning a cartwheel she spots Arlan and snaps her fingers. "Be useful! Teach them how to use bows!" Before plopping down to watch juggling three rocks, one of them oddly looking almost like an onyx.

Be MEN!

• @b2474b637a=Vashpsycho:

The first man stands ready, looking confident, it's the same man that finished his tent. He places an arrow down the sights and pulls back the string after stringing the bow quite well. He pokes the end of his tongue out and pulls back further, in a very good stance. Suddenly the bow string snaps and he punches himself in the face and bites down. The end of his tongue falls into the grass. He runs toward the other men screaming with blood streaming out of his mouth

"AAWWWHHEELLP!" He screams

The other men look afraid and shocked, they don't quite know what to do. So they all get their unstringed bows and start whacking the bleeding man with them.

_Arlan finds this hilarious

He then runs over to the poor man and pushes everyone aside and leads the bleeding and beaten man to the temple for healing_

• Hammer watches with some amusement, arms crossed.
    "Maybe Sunites don't make the best trainers for warriors. Though, you could always teach them to cuddle their enemies."

• The first man stands ready, looking confident, it's the same man that finished his tent. He places an arrow down the sights and pulls back the string after stringing the bow quite well. He pokes the end of his tongue out and pulls back further, in a very good stance. Suddenly the bow string snaps and he punches himself in the face and bites down. The end of his tongue falls into the grass. He runs toward the other men screaming with blood streaming out of his mouth

"AAWWWHHEELLP!" He screams

The other men look afraid and shocked, they don't quite know what to do. So they all get their unstringed bows and start whacking the bleeding man with them.

• _Arlan finds a cushy place to watch

"This will be great"_

• _Rico's been neglecting the men lately with all the Shadows, so he shows up today with hunters bows and fishing poles. He then sets up a few placards against the trees and marks them with bulleyes.

"I don't expect you to be the best fishermen or hunters. You shouldn't either. But know this, the better you hunt, the better you eat. There is venison and trout aplenty in the woods and streams around Norwick, but that doesn't do you any good if you can't get it onto your plate. So we'll start simple. Today I teach to hit a non-moving target, and in the evening we'll fish. If you catch something you eat like kings. King of the Paupers, but no less royal. If you don't, it's more hardtack and whatever fruit you can rustle up.

Now, all you have to do is shoot the target with the bow. We'll concentrate on accuracy another day, today it's justs technique. If each of you can hit the target just once by this afternoon, I'll make sure you've meat for supper no matter how much fish you catch. Half of firing a bow, in defense of home, your king, or you stomach, is all about technique. The movements must be deliberate and controlled. Over time you'll learn to deal with the things you can't control, but right now we'll do deal with the ones you can. Now, each of you grab a bow and line up. We'll string them and fire them one at a time. I want you to get the feel of it first.

sets the quiver of arrows down up front, not quite ready to trust the entire group with live ammunition_

• Rico promptly closely examines the palm of his hand with an accompanying smACK!

• Arlan thinks this is absolutely hilarious

• The ten men fumble around with tent poles, often tripping over. A few manage to rip a hole in their tents. Then one, one man stands up triumphant next to a tent…

"Duhhhh…new boss, I pitched a big tent!"

The other men look at his tent in awe and then rush towards it, all cramming themselves into the tent until it tears open and they all fall out the sides

"Nooooooooo! Momma tent!" he weeps.

• Rico leads the procession of men a little up the Nars and to the East, near enough that the sounds of the camp's activities can be heard by travelers South of the Crossroads.

Once there, he address the group.

_I aim to teach you what it's like to be real men. You there, quit chuckling. I'm serious. glower and scowl A real man doesn't take. He's a provider. A real man isn't a thug. He's as strong as he needs to be, when he needs to be. A real man takes pride in his work. I want each of you to ask yourselves, what have you done in your lives that you are proud of? What stories have you for your sons, such that they might be inspired to surpass their fathers? What stories have you for your fathers and mothers, such that they may speak of you fondly? When you die and stand before the gods of heaven and earth, and they ask you the value of your soul, what will you tell them? I will tell you what I will say. A real man leaves this world better for knowing him. You have only to look at his works to know the weight of his soul.

Now you're not men. You're mice dressed like men. And I aim to cure you of your mousy ways. I will teach you to fight! I will teach you, with a little help from my friends, to hunt! And I will teach you the pride of true manhood. The path you find in life after that is up to you.

I am Rico Swift. stacatto I AM RIGHTEOUS! I serve the most beautiful lady of all creation, Sune, as her knight. I fight the evils of this land, but above all…

his voice softens for a moment
    ...I seek to leave this world better for knowing me.

his voice returns to the raucous tiber of the orator

Now understand this! You've made me your leader. I don't want to be, but I am. That mean's what I say goes. Now I'm no tyrant. If you wish to leave, you may. I'll not stop you. But when you leave, you also leave the protection and aid I offer you. You'll work hard. You may even curse the day you met me. It will not be easy. It will not be quick. It will take as long as it takes. But while you are here, you will not lack for food or water. You will need fear no evil. In battle, I will defend you with my all of heart, my soul, my fury, and my body. What you need, I will give you. But what you want will wait for another day.

Now, first lesson. Every man should know how to provide himself with shelter. Now I've done you mice a favor. I've brought you tents. And you have about twenty minutes left of daylight. So let's see if I'm wrong. Let's see if you're really men after all. You've got twenty minutes to setup camp or we're sleeping under the stars. And it looks like rain.

He see's no one's moving, and briefly wonders if that's a good sign or a bad sign

…SO GET TO WORK!_

• Rain smirks and nods as she passes by Rico his brigade, making sure they aren't causing any trouble in town.

• Hammerhand approaches Rico with questions.

• @1f602f8b15=Marrow:

Lyda pushes Arlan away

"I'll help you, Rico"

//That sounds like something out of sexual fanfic >>

• Lyda pushes Arlan away

"I'll help you, Rico"

• Arlan hang around the back, Not to help or learn, Just to laugh

• He also stops by the Militia HQ, the Defenders, The Far Scouts, and the Legion, and the Bardic College and asks him anyone else would like to help out.