Entangled steps

• _A dark damp hallway spun on forever, the constant scatter of shadows and whisper of the wind raced through the tiny child. She rubbed her arms and chattered her teeth, to try and keep warm. The cool cloud rose from her mouth with every quick, sudden breath. She pinched her arms and pulled at her ear, trying to make sure that this wasn’t another horrid dream. Suddenly a shadow danced across her path, flowing on light gentle feet. The tiny child froze in fear, her mouth part open, the eyes thin and unbarring of the fear that seeped out her very being.
    The shadow danced and twirled more, singing out in a high flat note, making the child listen and comply. The child took a step forward another, the dark shadow held out a hand and took hold of the child’s tiny pale hand.
    Then, a light simmering web spin up and wrapped it self around her legs, holding her down. Yet still the shadow sung on holding the child still in a entrancing spell.
    The young eyes darted about, more horrors seen that any small eyes should. Slowly the vision blurred as the silk covered the hallway and maybe the head of the silently screaming child.

Tris awoke with a start, sweating and panting quickly. She sat up quickly, her hand darting out for her sword that always lay near by. She eased her self from between the heavy hide covers and looked about the communal shack. A few others still lay asleep, rather soundly as well. Tris got off the low cheap bed and just picked up her stuff. Kicking open a spare chest she dumped a few heavy items and locked the chest with a small key. She grinned to herself, knowing that some little want to be rogue would try to open it. Silently pulling on her boots she headed out of the main area to one of the many rivers.
    “Morning Tara!” Tris cheerfully waved to a bored looking gypsy, who had to keep long watch on the gates. Tris trudged on with her stuff, to a quiet little stream, hopefully with no spying young men about either. She laid her clothes in a pile for washing and in a pile for wearing later on. She sank into the cold water thankfully, almost hoping for the stinking fear on her to wash away. She took a deep breath and swum to a deeper part of the river, enjoying the free sensation of swimming. Fond memories of swimming in the sea came back over her. She burst for air at the surface, only to see that she had drifted a little away from where her items were. She took her time in swimming back; pulling her self close to her clothes so she could grab a bottle of oil. She pulled off the cork and smelt it, pulling a face and sighing, just pouring it over her head and working up lather.
    She then rinsed her hair and lay in the water for a little longer; listening to the morning birds singing a joyful song, watching the way the lay fell through small parts in the tall overhead tree. For a few moments it was silent perfect bliss.
    Tris hurriedly grabbed a towel and dried herself in the shadows of a large tree, quickly pulling on a bright but well suited outfit. She washed the dirty clothes and set them to dry on a friends washing line.
    Her hair still a big tangle she fumbled her way to the fire and set to combing it through, a few elves seemed to giggle as she began to pull the comb through and set her hair for the day. Tris looked over to them only to that a stray dog had started to perform tricks for them. She cocked her head stared in wonder as the dog did a high jump and looked like it dodging blows from an invisible person. Tris scanned the area and saw a small bush move slightly. Tris smiled to herself and called out a low growl like noise. A young hin, no more than 10 summers, bounded out on all fours and howled like a wolf. Tris laughed and motioned for the little hin to come closer, holding out a titbit of food in her hand.
    “Come little one, I know you are hungry” She said, shaking the food in her hand to make her point more clear. The little hin scampered out on all fours, much like a dog and took the food from her hand, eating it in one go. Tris beamed at the girl and spread out her cloak, so the hin could sit by her.
    The hin sniffed about and settled on the cloak, licking her self in perfect habits of a wolf. Tris pulled out her leather bound book and started to write in it, turning away pages, this book felt to be a way to another place, take her out of her self for a sort while.
    Tris blinked, the fire was getting low as rain poured down from the sky.
    The little hin summoned another wolf with a convincing howl and padded off with her brother into the forest. Tris swung the cloak over her shoulders and packed away her stuff. Her part elven ears perked as a loud whinny echoed through the large camp. A group of horses charged into the camp, baring many men in dark armour, mothers and wives ran out to greet sons and brothers, and husbands. Many of the men carried a lot of dead animals over shoulders and on poles. It had been a good hunt for the season.
    (by the way, this is my char Tris and many other great RPer in this series of a event! :), I have used narfell but added more details like horses and stuff like that, most of the parts are either made up or based on events that have happened to Tris and other people!)_

• Tris sat on a bench in Jiyyd for a while, smiling as Belade argued with a local drunk about Sune, Belade sighed and left the drunk to his ways of booze and ugly woman.
    "He never even stopped asking me for a ale, and all I wanted was to aid him with his wounds" Belade remarked as she sat down next to Tris and grinned.
    Tris shrugged, then smiled back warmly.
    "How are you feeling anyway Tris?" Belade asked as she kicked off her boots and leand back on the wooden seat.
    "My head hurts a little, but overall I feel fine, just wondering what the heck is going on!" She joked. Belade nodded in reply, fiddling with her pendent of Sune.
    "I think we should see Khaya or someone and see what they can do, or maybe it wil come back in time, I'm not to sure"
    The days slowly crawled by, Tris often getting embrassed when a old friend suddenly ran up and hugged her, others calling after her, even a red haired man humming a song to try and show her.
    Belade taught her how to fight again, after an indicnet of running head first into a group of orcs and having to be dragged back to jiyyd for a painful recovery. She soon found out that the Romni wine was meant to drank slowly after a little mishap with Varen and a rock throwiing contest.
    The memoires, most important of all were allowed to come in small doses, a name here, a face there, but it soon became of annoyance when she couldn't rember anything much about her past. She thought maybe it was best forgotten, but maybe not…
    But of all the silent, treading fear of spiders still lingers some where in her mind, dorment. Where ever she is meant to tread, her foot steps to her are still Entangled steps.....

(( takes a bow!, I am finshed long at last! Whohoo! Sorry about the lack of story line, but I've given my best ( a few spelling errors) phew Right , time to get on with the others stories I started AGES ago, feel free to post some comments if you want! ))

• _A basin of water shone and shimmered like liquid gold and treasure, three shadows all peered into it intently and calmly.
    “She has not forgotten all, the fear still remains.” One voiced chimed evenly.
    “The fear it does not wish to be forgotten, it cannot be” Another agreed.
    “She will remember soon, again at a price, she cannot attain what she is destined to attain with out her memory.”

“Tris?" Someone said over her, and then a suddenly sheet of cold water poured over her tired body. She jerked awake to see a young elf, kneeling in front of her grinning.
    "Who are you again?" Tris asked dazedly, the elf held out a hand and helped her up.
    "I'm your friend Belade remember?" She beamed at Tris, Tris gave a smile, yes Belade, and something came back, them laughing together. Belade held out a hand and smiled at her warmly.
    “Sorry about getting you wet.” She giggled. She slid her arm into Tris’s and was chatting away about some Worg’s teeth and how things were going with her trade. They both hunted for a while before coming back to Jiyyd for a short rest. By then the friendship seemed normal again, Tris learning old things about her self and figuring out a few kinks._

• _So many things had closed up inside of Tris, she felt dull and tired. Her hair hanging over her face in horrid greasy waves and lumps, she sat on the edge of the bed and sighed, resting her head in her hands and looked down at her bare feet.

She wriggled her toes and then noticed a long slivery scar running from the base of her big toe to all the way up to her knee. Strange, whose body was this? How had she gotten this scar? All of her body and this mind? She sat up and left the old hide on the low cheap bed, yanking on some boots and plodding out of there slowly. She pushed open a door and put a hand over her face squinting in the bright light. She briskly walked out of the place and turned to the gate, beyond there the bright fires. Then what? Where will she go? What will she do and say if someone asks her something? She walked amongst the trees and leaned against one, deep in thought and strange visions. She shifted her weight and carried on walking but not to the fires, but away from them. She looked down at the floor and noticed some strange tracks; dumb curiosity caused her to follow the tracks.

Suddenly she heard a strange noise from above, a giant spider just dropped on top of her from no where. She stared at the creature mouth as it leaked salvia and poison, she froze, the fear beating through her veins. It pinned her down and started to try and bite her neck; Tris twisted her head away, the hairy thing just brushing her face. With unknown or mad strength she pushed the thing off and bolted from the woods. She eyes were everything through a thick watery glaze of tears and fear. She darted into a tiny corner and collapsed against the cliff wall crying, breathing huskily and quickly. She leaned back against the wall and closed her eyes, the welcoming darkness over her._

• edit

• Tris wandered about the city with a weird feeling in her stomach, where was she and how on earth did she get here? She couldn’t understand how earth she could speak and think, walk and see. She sat on a bench in the early hours of morn, looking over her wrists, small lines traced evenly across each wrist and a deep shiny scar on the right arm. Nothing still, how could she have gotten these? And when and why? All the questions buzzing around her head, with little or no answers. She sighed and looked at the old worn leather boots on her feet.
    She wiggled her toes then felt a strange sensation, a rustling sound that tickled her foot when she moved it, it hadn’t happened before. Quickly she yanked to boot off and rooted about in her shoe, finding a crumpled bit pf paper. She smoothed it out and tried to read the ink, but the fine lettering just looked strange and weird to her. She heard a lit click of footsteps, and then a Peltarch guard came into view, holding a crossbow but none the less looking tired and fed up. Tris stood up and approached the man, he smiled and put the cross bow down.
    “Um…sir can you tell me what this is please?” She asked, unsure how to address the man.
    “Yeah sure lassie.” He took the paper from Tris hand, slightly touching her hand a moment then looked over the paper.
    “As I see, it says yer a member of the Gypsy camp, aside that and an oath and all, why de ya need me to read it for ya miss? He told her. Tris looked at him blankly for a moment then answered carefully.
    “I think I died, I can’t remember much.” She said, and then shrugged. It was near enough to the truth, far as she knew. “Which way is it to this camp?”
    “I’d be happy to tall ya miss, so long as ya are careful out there.” He showed Tris to a gate then pointed out into the distance. “Ya go south a few miles then ta the right is a small wood like cove, head for there and ya’ll be home”
    He smiled and looked over her face a moment. Tris unsure gave a polite smile back, then tugged the hood of her robe up and walked off into the night. She shivered and walked on at a brisk pace, facing her eyes to the ground.
    Somehow she had found the camp, the burning bright fire danced and a few daring people sat by the fire dancing and drinking cheap wine. Tris hugged her self to keep warm and went past the dancing fires, someone called her name but she didn’t listen

• _* * *
    The man knelt in praying, it seemed to be taking a long time, he began to sweat at the brow, his hand and face often twitching. Dante sighed and shifted his weight against the wall. To long this was taking, the elves from before topped up the lanterns and checked that all the items were present to cast the spell.
    The man wasn’t even in Narfell any more, his spirit was searching for Tris, it seemed that he was in long hallway of doors. Just having to simple open each door and see if she was there. He saw many other things behind theses doors, things that would horrify any other being but it was part of this man’s duty and calling. It didn’t bother him at all. Suddenly he found the right passage way, he stepped through,

Tris sat on the sand, looking about aimlessly. Rocking on the spot humming a tune, one that she never remembered learning though she knew it well. She lay back on the sand, relaxing into it. She looked up at the sky and opened her eyes in amazement; there were hundreds of fantastic stars and galaxies. Shooting stars dotted the sky every so often. This place was so strange. Then she felt her body getting lighter and lighter. Her eyes rolled back and her body became limp, her arm dangling loosely from her sides. Gently she floated up with the stars, then getting faster until she looked just like another shooting star in the sky. In a burst of brilliant light she was gone from the land of desert and twilight to face her destiny in the world of the living.

Dante suddenly looked over as Tris’s mouth opened and took a deep almost gagged breath. She jerked up and held her head, looking about confused and bewildered, a look of fear crossing her eyes. She looked about the place, a clean white temple. A tall dark haired man smiled at her and came over at a steady pace. Tris forced herself to remain calm.
    “Where am I?” She asked the man.
    “You are alive Tris; you’ve gone out hunting by yourself again!” A small grin crossed his face. Tris looked at him confused, then grinned herself.
    “I guess that I did.” The fake grin faded a little. Dante suddenly pushed some money into her hands.
    “This will pay for a night at the inn.” He said. Then turned to leave, then turned back and waved to Tris. Tris put up a hand on pushed her self off the alter. There are her feet were some old clothes, a musky white robe and a pair of boots.
    Tris just picked them up and changed right there and then, either giving no regard or just not remembering how to.
    She followed the way Dante had taken; she pushed open the door and took a step out side. She gazed up at the cool Peltarch night. A small in whisper crossed her lips.
    New beginning._

• _* * *

Dante gently lay the cloth-covered body down and sighed, not even daring to look at her pale fearful face. A small stocky man walked up next to Dante and stood on the end of his toes, peering in through thick lenses perched on the end of his nose.
    “What happened to her?” The small man asked, using a hand to push the lenses further up his nose. Dante gripped the edge of the table.
    “We found her near by the Orcs, in a old watch tower, she died a horrid slow death.” He whispered. The man held no expression, then checked the position of the sun and clapped his hands. Two elves appeared from a door way and stood looking at the table, each in turn looking at the face and the wound.
    “You two please prepare the body, Come to me when you are ready and set her upon the alter when I say so” Both of the elves nodded and pulled back the cover. Dante turned away from her naked body and strode out of the door, gripping the note in his hand.
    “Can I speak with you a time please?” Dante asked the small man. He showed the man the note and explained; the man looked over the note and shrugged.
    “I don’t know what this is or how it got there, I’m afraid Sir.” The small man quickly left to prepare the spell. Dante looked about the place worried, he had seen the spell many a time before, but always worried if any thing may ever happen.

The three shadows stood ever tall and looming over Tris, none offered any support. Tris stood up and faced them, wiping away the tears, the water turning into a shimmering light, which floated away from her face.
    “Why are my memories here?” She asked confused. The shadows all stepped away from her and each put a hand out in front of them.
    “Death has a great price, it is not of nature to rise like this, it is not of time to start anew, it is not of spirit to hold such power.” They all sang in a low voice. “For all of this to happen, the greatest of power must be taken, the very essence that makes a soul, memory, life, to keep a balance.”
    Tris closed her eyes and nodded, then again started to follow the 3 powers down the long hallway, tears fell down her face as she watched each memory play over. She stopped at one, it was of her little half sister, Elizabetha, they were playing in the sun light, sharing secrets and dreams. Tris put her hands against the picture and breathed against it, smelling the soft fragrance of the flowers, the warm sun on her skin, the soft tickle of a hand in hers. Tris wept bitterly over this frame, then suddenly each one behind her slowly drained of its image, fading from her memory.
    Like sand through her hands, like a plant dying, like a great power she couldn’t hold. The one she was fighting to hold onto slowly crept away and Tris forgot it, it disappearing once and for all. She stopped crying and wondered why she had cried to begin with. Again she followed the 3 shadows down the long hall, each frame growing dark and misty, hiding away from her. Tris less and less mourned the memories, the friends, the family, and the emotions.
    Finally she came to the end of the hall, but she was not Tris, an empty person, only a memory of trying to remember. The spirits turned to face her one last time.
    “We shall leave you know, we shall not meet again ever and you shall not remember us, or any of your old life, we have given you a new chance for life.” They each said, the voices over lapping each other.
    “Wait! Please don’t leave me like this! Leave me something!” Tris cried at them, the three shadows disappeared and a great storm of sand came over Tris, blinding her eyes and filling her mouth and lungs, dragging her down.

The elves carried the lifeless body of Tris and lay it on a big stone alter, candle burning brightly around her. The elves had done a good job, her face was peaceful and the dull hair shone again, her wound carefully healed with magic, just leaving a slight scar on the pale skin. The small man from earlier spread out a mat and knelt to pray, then clasped his hands and fell deep into a trance, his soul trying to finds Tris’s, trying to take hold of it, guide her back. Dante leaned against a wall and crossed his arms, trying to get his thoughts elsewhere. All trying hard, all trying hard.

Tris covered her face with her arm and took a uneasy step against the wind, something told her not to let go, keep moving, tread in the storm, fight it! Fight it. Then fast as the wind had come it vanished, leaving Tris looking down at a long rolling desert. Empty minded she took a step and walked across the cool sand, she looked about empty eyed and saw other people walking, just walking. She looked up and saw a moon, a endless time of no days, of no night, just a twilight. She looked down at her feet and saw a tiny baby crawling, gurgling and playing in the sand. Tris knelt down and tired to touch the child, but her hand went straight through, the child didn’t even see her. Where was she? Tris just simply stood up and kept on walking, just walking in a rolling desert, a endless time of no days, of no night, just a twilight, a endless twilight.

• * * *_

• _“We are the three fates, we are Nature, Time and power, we work as one.” They all said in perfect unison. “Three forms, One spirit, one destiny.”
    “What am I doing here?” Tris asked, she was not scared here, death was peaceful.
    Each of the shadows put out their right arm and moved it slowly to the side, all in a slow manner.
    “You are not to rest yet, something yet is to happen. You shall go back!” They all chorused as one. “Each man is destined to die, but death happens when it is not ready to happen, as it happened with you.” They then all turned around and each took a slow, almost dance like step.
    Tris followed at a slow pace, looking about the hall way. The walls were covered in empty plain frames, the frames held a weird sense of longing for remembrance. Suddenly the frames came alive filling up with a moving picture, Tris fell to her knees in tears and fear against a picture.
    “No, no, please don’t!” She cried. The three shadows towered over her….

• *_

• Bow then pulled a face as he sniffed the air, and then turned his head to where it was coming from. Dante snapped his head up and winced, even he could smell the fresh stench of blood. Bow ran ahead to where it was coming from, then looked down at ground to see Tris’s bloody corpse, Dante swore under his breath then sighed, death was nothing knew to him. Bow murmured something as he touched his emulate.
    “Wait look at this” Bow ducked down under the small ruin entrance and looked closer at the crimson red woman, in her hand was a crumpled piece of paper, clutched loosely in her hand, surprisingly the paper didn’t even have any blood on it. Bow picked up the note and read it over quickly.
    Her time is not finished, she much to do and live for, the fates of Death shall not welcome her yet.
    _Bow looked up from the note and spoke to Dante a moment, then wrapped her body in a cloak then broke off at a quick jog. Dante picked the body up then started on his long way to the city of Peltarch…

Tris suddenly sat up screaming loudly, then stopped and panted quickly, holding onto her chest where the bolt had been buried so deep. She looked at her hands, seeing no blood at all, then touched her chest, seeing no wound, even a scare. She looked about shaken, this place, didn’t feel right at all, this was not life.
    She was sat in a bright light that darkened at the corners showing to be a small room with no means of escape. She stood up and touched the wall, it rippled at her touch, sending a warm feeling into her body. What ever it said to her Tris knew she had to wait a while in this place. Sitting cross legged on the floor she retreated into a place that only she knew, not even death or any god see into her dreams.

Dante had left most of his items at Jiyyd, it felt easier to carry the body over his shoulder now. Bow suddenly appeared at his side and smiled a little, sweat shining off his head.
    “Dante, I was able to reach the man who could bring her back, she will be back with us by moon rise I’d say.” Bow smiled gratefully and parted the cloth, seeing the fear in Tris’s face, and then stroked the dull brown hair. “She died a horrid slow death, no man or woman should go through that ever”
    Disturbed by the dead woman's expression he closed the cloth again and headed east, to the camp to sit and watch the bright fires.
    Dante breathed out steadily, trying not to get a nose full of rotting flesh.

Tris opened her eyes as she heard a slight noise, coming from behind her, she sat up slowly, ready to face what lay ahead of her. She stepped lightly on deathly feet and took a small step into a dull light.
    Once through the door, she heard it closing behind her. Suddenly three tall figures appeared in front of her, each with a powerful aura of its own, each swirl of beating energy unique and so very beautiful. Tris could not see what they looked like, but an image formed it self in her head.
    The first was a tall woman whose beauty was beyond any barriers or wall of the mortal worlds. She had an ever present smile. Her hair was a shiny deep green, her clothes made from Ivy and creeping plants, flowers growing from her hair, slight pointy ears and green tinged skin that was flawless and smooth. About the woman’s neck was a small hour glass, the sand ever sifting and moving through it. Tris knew who this was, though she had never heard of the name._
    Mother Nature, mother of all the world and creation
    The second one was an old man, hunched over, holding onto a staff made from oak and flowers upon it. He worn a plain golden robe, at every crease his power turned and twisted about him, his long white beard tumbled in a great mass of curls to the floor, his skin unlike the first’s was crinkled and stained a deep brown. His eyes held a deep long stare, which much in word seeped into one’s mind deeply. To Tris again his name was whispered to her.

Father time, father of all that happened and all to happen yet.

The third however, would not form an image in Tris’s head, it wouldn’t take shape. But a dark yet gentle aura came from this one single thing. Power
    It was the master of power, the master of magic and invention, the master of spirit and mind

• A couple of men set of out of Jiyyd, all laughing and talking of a fight. One was a lithe slim elf, his face covered by a hood and a scarf about his neck and lower face through the thin gauze one could see he was had handsome features, a lock of curly blue hair fell in front of his eye, that he batted away every so often. The next was a tall burly figure with strong rippling muscle across his chest, a loose linen shirt hung over his taught body. This had man dark hair hung in a few unclean but not greasy waves and on his face were almost black side burns, it could be seen that he was of barbarian origins.
    Both walked with a relaxed gait and swung their weapons in their hands, talking and one of them spitting on the ground at which the other remarked of it being rude and so on.
    “How about we see if the Orcs are biting to day Dante?” The elf asked. The tall dark haired man shrugged and grinned.
    “Alright then Bow, let me gets ready then.” Dante replied, he swung his heavy pack onto the ground and began to fix a full-plate on. Bow strung his bow and checked his swords were clean, then kissed a amulet that hung about his neck. Dante smiled again and fixed his tower shield to his arm and sheathed his massive sword. They walked the rest of the way to where the dumb Orcs hung out and stood ready.
    They both cleaned up the area in a matter of 2 hours or so. Bow sighed and wiped the sweat of his brow and wiped his bloody swords on the ground, then grinned to Dante through the material around his face. Dante waved back and lugged a Orc shield over his back.
    “It seems to be getting late, how about we set up camp over there?” Bow pointed to a small ruin on a hill, squinting a little to the setting sun framing the peaceful scene.
    Dante nodded and began to slowly make his way up the hill, the snow catching on his boots, he then dumped half of the stuff on the floor, panting the sweat glistening off him.
    “I’m sorry Bow, this is too heavy, and the snow is settling in, it will freeze to night as well” He panted, then hung his head over his chest and caught his breath back.

• _(This is kind of late, is relates to having lost most of her memory)
    All was to quiet the windy area, a cloaked figure carefully held it's short bow at hand, a arrow already nocked to make a swift kill. The feathers on the arrow rustled in the snowy wind, chilling the person to the bone. Suddenly they heard a low whistling noise over the high scream of the wind, and then the earth started to sprout green tangles of plants beneath them, then jumped back and rolled a few paces, then turned and ran blindly to avoid the spell.

They turned about them selves and heard a low grunting like sound, then what like laughter, just that it sounded like a pig squealing. The person knew the smelly beasts were trying to play with her to the best of their small intelligence. The made her more determined to take down all of the cocky beasts. Just out of the corner of her eye, she saw a black shadow move, she fire the arrow, seeing the shadow fall over, either dead or hurt. She drew her shield and sword then lopped the head off swiftly.

A few more fell after this one, the person become over confident and headed deeper, only bearing a few cuts and grazes.
    A small scream was heard as a arrow hit deep into the breast plate, almost touching the dying heart, then dropped what ever was in their hand and ran in a any direction, just away from the skilled shooter. They found their way to a small ruin, probably of a watch tower.
    She fell against the wall panting and bleeding badly through her breast plate, gasping in pain she broke the metal bolt of her armour, and then tried to remove her breast plate, screaming in dark agony. Slowly her sight blurred and the cold snow didn’t seem to be cold, in fact it felt like it was a warm welcoming light to her. Somewhere in this warm light a thick wide figure knelt in front of her, slowly putting out a hand to tug back the hood on her cloak.

Tris duly smiled at it hoping it was an angle, perhaps a god to choose her for something. Then the blistering winds charred her face and the shadow snapped into a bloody Orc, peering in at her face with small beady black eyes. It then grunted something along with a tuneful fart to another Orc next to it. The second one grunted back and then suddenly kicked Tris hard in the chest, forcing the blot deeper into her chest. With little strength she had left she screamed loudly, and then fell limp against the wall, dying ever so slowly.

“Sevres the clean human right! We can keep her items leave the body where it is, they don’t clean up for us, we don’t clean up for them!” It grunted in Orcish to it’s friend, then slapped it’s knee, laughing at the stupid joke.

They quickly tugged what they wanted of her dead body, leaving the still bleeding corpse to the wolves, what was left of Tris would be hard to recognise, just that her face was frozen in a chilling silent scream of pain._

• _The skies seem to darken, the grass felt cool and welcoming under her limp body, stone cut deep into her back. Perhaps even bleeding, but she didn't care. The soft realms of dreams and tides awaited her. To another deep careless slumber where so much more then magic could happen there. Slowly the sun faded, the stars glistened. the lone wolf crying to the saluting moon.

Upon the dagger's point
    Your scream shall rise.
    Up the curling night sky
    Beyond a time this is now none

The dancing fire, the swirling heat
    The steady fast and dire beat.
    The pounding of the song, the singing of the night
    Until the morn's new blesseded light
    The time of fire shall always sing.

The flames beat a strong magma heat, nameless gods sung and watched over the living camp. People danced about the fire and drank contently. Talented singers and Bards told of great tales and stories, legend reawakened, memories long forgotten lived again. Stories breathed once more and gave light to the even the youngest of hearts.
    All but one danced that night, she stood away from the camp, listening to the music playing away. She looked up into the sky and sighed deeply, there was so much more with in her. But on this night of nights, peace seemed to be within her for a short time.
    Tris stepped from under the cover a tall tree and sat gazing into a small pool of water. The stars sparkled back at her, becoming a perfect mirror in the crystal surface. For a moment, she felt her losing, falling, almost becoming one with the surface of the water, she did not see her face staring back at her. Something else washed over her, a long hallway. Dull grey and empty, children once ran through this place, screaming in laughter and sheer delight.
    Tris looked around worried and concerned, what had happened to this place? Suddenly Tris turned around and screamed loudly in fear. For there stood a massive hairy spider. It's 8 shiney eyes looked at Tris intenltly. Tris turned and ran down the hallway, only to be caught in a great web. She twisted and turned to escape but only get her self more trapped.
    Then the visoin slide away from her and Tris fell to the floor crying and sobbing to her self._

• He seemed to stop still in his boots and stare at Elor a moment, Tris sighed silently at the two men seemed to stare each other out. Varen often saw Elor a weird character and Elor probably saw Varen as something rather annoying. Varen nodded to Elor and quickly packed up the combat dummy left.
    Elor sat down and smiled at Tris, drinking some of the wine.
    "I didn't even say anything to him!" Elor shrugged. Tris smiled but couldn't help feel a little bad for not saying anything, but she lived for the day and it was getting late as it seemed. Her mind was else where, maybe if she'd looked harder, maybe she might have seen the red flicker in Elor's eyes.
    Tris suddenly felt a familiar shiver down her spine, some memory of the dream had played it self over her, the feeling of being trapped. Something told her to run and move, get out of there, but from what?
    Then, the red glint in Elor's eyes returned. This sent a deep fear into her body, making her heart thump faster and faster, her stomach knot tighter and tighter. The taint feed on the fear. Tris stood up and backed away, blindly; nearly tripping over rocks but somehow was able to keep her footing.
    "You're scared of me aren’t you Tris?" Elor's voce spoke out to her coupled with a silky creepy tone which rung around her head.
    "Elor, please keep away from me!" She asked, the fear seemed to have taken total control of her this time. She was breathing quickly and shakily all over. Elor took a few steps closer, enjoying the power and control.
    "The fear takes control doesn't it?" The creature smirked and enclosed her in a corner. Tris hearts sank even more when she felt a hard stone cliff face against her back, she spun around and looked for and foot holds, nothing, she turned around to see Elor getting closer.
    “Elor….please….just….fight it.” She whispered.
    “I’m tired of fighting always running” The taint always seemed to have a permanent smirk on its face. Tris closed her eyes tight and turned her face away; hoping he would just take control again, go back to normal.
    She felt a gentle touch as a hand tried to guide her face to look at him; fake hope filled her as the gentle touch didn’t seem to burn her. She opened her eyes, holding back a stutter as the red eyes were level with her own. The taint firmly put both of Elor’s hand on her shoulders, bearing down a lot of weight on her body, pining her to the cliff wall. Tris looked past him desperately, hoping to catch someone’s eye at the fire. But nobody seemed to see her there.
    “How long I yearn to taste your blood dear Tris” It whispered in her ear. The hands bore more weight her body, causing her to gasp in pain. She froze as a hand began to tug at her top and show her shoulder; it leant down, breathing lighting against her skin, and then laying a gentle kiss her shoulder.
    “Get off me Elor! Don’t do this!” She begged. In reply Elor teasingly bite her neck, but not enough to break the skin. The taint was playing with her, taking its sweet fair time. Tris in one last effort gathered up her strength and punch him hard in the chest just enough to push him over and stumble away. She ran for the gates to the camp, grabbing her keys off her belt, pausing only to shriek at Elor.
    “What do you want from me?!”
    Quickly she fumbled with her keys to get into the lock and turn the handle; Tara looked at Tris puzzled then suddenly ran to hide in the shadows. Elor was just calmly walking towards her, almost knowing where she was at every step and turn. She pushed on the handle and the door swung open, Tris then tried to push it closed. She heard a loud demon like noise as Elor tried to open the gate. Then there was total silence.

• _Tris helped to carry a lot of the dead animals to a tent to be cut up for meat, she already saw a few woman working on the hides and cooking some of the meat. Tris wandered about, feeling lost and wanting a sense of purpose. Suddenly she heard a loud tearing noise and rather loud OOF!
    She turned around to see Varen, fighting a combat dummy to an early grave.
    Tris laughed as he picked him self up and beating the dust off his clothes. His face seemed to lighten up a little when Tris walked over, her duel swords hanging loosely from her hips.

“Would you like to try Milady?” He did a polite bow and went back to knocking the dirt off his boots. Tris nodded and pulled the hood of her cloak down and tied her light brown hair into a plait. She drew her double long swords and tested her footing, then charge forward and pushed both bladed deep into the stomach of the dummy, then pulled one blade out and went to cut the ‘head’ off.
    “Wait!” Varen shouted as she nearly lopped the head off. She pulled back and smiled a shy grin.
    “That did cost me a few gold, be careful” he added to the end. Tris somewhat couldn’t do her worst to the dummy after that. She was content to watch Varen and his high skill of fencing and combat technique. She sipped a cool drink of Romni wine, and then she felt a warm breath down the back of her neck, sending a shiver down her spine and making her hair stand on end.

She turned around only to see Elor’s face a few inches from hers, she smiled and pushed a bottle of the wine into his hands.
    “There have a taste, its not to bad this week.” She commented
    Varen walked over rather proudly wiping the sweat from his face and smoothly sliding his rapier away._

• ( please don't heistait to send me message with what you think of my writing, I am yet to improve on some areas so please say somthing!!)