Speech in the docks....

• The Tribunal Ashire stands up on the Dockmaster's podium when he's sure he sees the colors of many organizations in the docks. He looks about as if trying to discern the best way to get people's attention then withdraws a gnomish blunder bust muttering "in memory of Deacon Sterr" and with a grin and fires it out over the water. Once everyone turns no doubt wondering what would cause such a sound he speaks.

"OSCURANS WHO CARE FOR BOTH PROFIT AND SERVICE TO THIS CITY LEND ME YOUR EARS AND GIVE ME YOUR TIME BUT FOR A MOMENT!

I HAVE WALKED THESE STREETS AND DECIDED THAT TOO LONG SINCE THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JUSTICAR, AS MUCH AS I DISAGREED WITH HIS WAYS, THAT WE NEED SOME DIRECTION IN PRODUCTIVITY TO GROW THIS FAIR CITY AS WE OFT DO SUCCEED OR FAIL AS ONE. AFTER DISCUSSION WITH THE TRIBUNAL I HAVE BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION TO PROCEED IN MY VISION.

THUS I PROPOSE AN OPPORTUNITY TO ANY THAT SHARE IN MY VISION OF MUTUAL BENEFIT AND WISH TO MAKE PROFITS IN WAYS NOT JUST OF THE SHADOWS! TO ANY THAT MAY WONDER WHY I DO NOT JUST KEEP THE COMMING VENTURE JUST FOR THE PROFIT OF MY OWN CREW… I SAY YOU BEST GIVE PRAISE TO THE GODS THAT SOME TASKS ARE SIMPLY TO GREAT EVEN FOR THE BEST CREW THAT EVER WAS! he then grins and waves his hand about WHAT?... YOU DID NOT EXPECT PERFECT HUMILITY DID YOU?

I AM TO MAKE A TRADING VENTURE TO INCREASE THE AVAILABILITY OF SURFACE MARKETS TO OSCURAN GOODS AS WELL AS OUR MARKETS TO THEIRS. AS YOU KNOW RELATIONS HAVE BEEN ROCKY WITH OUR NEIGHBORS ON THE SURFACE, BUT THAT WILL BE MY HEADACHE TO BEAR FOR THE TIME BEING. WHAT I DO NEED IS EVERY MERCHANT, MANUFACTURER, AND PRODUCER OF ANY GOOD IN LARGE QUANTITY THAT WISHES TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE SURFACE WITH GREATER EASE TO COME TO ME. FOR ANY THAT WOULD RATHER HAUL AND TRANSPORT I WILL NEED INFORMATION FOR THE RESOURCES YOU ARE WILLING TO COMMIT.

I ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL NOT WORK FOR FREE. I'M MERELY GOING TO DO WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE ON MUCH LARGER SCALE A LONG TIME AGO, BRING THOSE THAT WANT WITH THOSE THAT HAVE TOGETHER. ANY FEES ASKED FOR WILL BE FAIR TO THE BUSINESS PROVIDED FOR I WANT YOU ALL TO GROW. HOWEVER, YOU WILL HAVE TO ABIDE TO THE RULES LAID FORTH FOR EACH CONTRACT AS EACH POTENTIAL CUSTOMER IS LIKE A WOMAN. ONE MUST TREAT HER WITH RESPECT.. AND STROKE HER THE WAY SHE WISHES TO BE STROKED IF YOU WISH THE RELATIONSHIP TO CONTINUE... IF YOU CANNOT ABIDE THIS DO NOT APPROACH ME IN THIS ENDEAVOR FOR YOU WILL ONLY BRING HARM TO THIS CITY. I CANNOT GUARANTEE SUCCESS ONLY FOOLS WILL DO THAT, BUT I CAN SAY WE WILL GIVE IT A HELLS OF A RUN.

I WILL BE HOLDING MEETINGS IN THE BANSHEE. FIRST I WILL TAKE INTO ACCOUNT ALL INTERESTED, WHAT CAN BE PROVIDED, AND THAT MY FRIENDS WILL GIVE ME WHAT I NEED TO MOVE FORWARD. MAY WAUKEEN BLESSING BE ON US AND ALL REMEMBER UMBERLEE WHEN UPON HER WATERS!"

(Feel free to send pms or meet in game)

• The tribune listens to the words then waves his hands…

"NOT THAT I'VE HAD MUCH A GOOD THING TO SAY OF MANY PALADINS... NOR DO I DISAGREE THAT WE MUST CONTINUE TO TRADE IN OUR USUAL CIRCLES.

BUT PERHAPS THE MIDDLE GROUND IS NOT US BENDING OVER LIKE SOME SUPPLIANT, BUT ONE OF MUTUALLY AGREED TO CONTRACT. OSCURA HAS THE BENEFIT OF BEING THE ONE PLACE I HAVE EVER HAD PLEASURE TO SEE WITH MY TWO EYES WHERE SO MANY WITH SO MANY DIFFERENT BELIEFS THAT WOULD NORMALLY BE GUTTING EACH OTHER IN THE STREET LIVE PEACEFULLY SIDE BY SIDE! DO I AGREE AND ACT TO THE WILL OF EVERY OTHER LAST PERSON RESIDING HERE. NO! AND I'LL BE DAMNED IF I EVER LET THE SURFACE DESTROY THE ONLY TRUE HAVEN I'VE EVER KNOWN. SO THOSE THAT THINK I WOULD LEAD US TO SUCH A POSITION IN ANY UNDERTAKING YOU ARE FAR MISTAKEN!

STILL THE SURFACE DOES NOT SEE US AS A MIXTURE OF HARMONIOUS PEOPLES BUT INSTEAD JUST A BIG BLACK CLOUD OF EVIL AND UNKNOWN BELIEVING THE WIVES TALES OF THOSE THAT WOULD WISH US HARM BECAUSE IT IS ALL THEY KNOW. IF MY PLAN IS SUCCESSFUL IT WILL ALSO MEND THIS I ASSURE YOU.

IN ANY CASE THIS IS A PROPOSITION NOT A DECREE SO THOSE INTERESTED SEEK ME OUT IN THE BANSHEE... FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT I STILL WISH WEALTH AND PROSPERITY UPON YOU ALL THE SAME!

PRAISE TO THE HAVEN FROM THE LIGHT!"

The Tribune then waves his hand and walks away towards the banshee.

• Vladimir listens to the speech with a faint curosity, not looking completely convinced, but still applauds politely at the end of it and accidently bumping a little to heavily into any of the lightning eagle traders present on his departure

• Kayden stands quietly off to the right side of the Tribune, keeping his black-calligraphic arms folded across his chest. Throughout the entire speech, however, he seems more interested in watching the silent figure on the smaller crate, keeping what could only be described as a protective gaze upon her. A notable small smile twitches at the corners of his lips. Or perhaps it's the scar running across his left cheek from ear to upper lip causing the twitch. It's certainly hard to tell in the dark.

• The various dock-goers of Oscura have mixed reactions to Drelan's speech.

"It's not the surface merchants that you need to convince Tribune, they want to make money and live their lives like the rest of us, it's the all the hells-be-damned Paladins and do-gooders who think that everyone should be forced to live like they do!" says Lyaksandro Golovnya, merchant of the Raven's Wing Traders

"Let them suck at their goody goody overlords and their teets! We have the Underdark! We have trade with Thay, and Thesk, and Mulhorand, and the Black Network! We don't need filthy Narfellian surfacers!"
    cries Thazal, the Thayan dock merchant

"The Tribune is right, if the surface merchants wish to continue to trade with us, it would be better for both us and them… the leadership of the surface cannot ignore the demands of their own merchants. We must find a way to stop this from escalating any further."

replies Herakleitos Komnenos, Priest of Waukeen and heir to the suffering Lightning Eagle Trade Conglomerate

• A petite figure stands on a smaller crate, directly at his right hand. She does not flinch at the sound, nor the shouts, merely smiling slightly as she listens, and watching the crowds and the immediate area near Drelan subtly.

Ashe is silent throughout the speech, but seems pleased to be there.