Natanya - Diary

• Natanya Summers - Warrior Tyr - Farm girl from the Dales

I miss mother, and the Dales, I miss my friends and my old life.

Once I used to wake up in the morning and sprint barefooted down to the creek with the boys, fishing, and swimming, but now I live a life on my knees in prayer.

I have less to do at the temple since I am not a priestess, but a warrior. My real duty is to defend the temple and its congregation, but since it is rarely under any threat, I do cleric related work such as showing people in, and talking with Peltarchs citizens. I remove colds, and patch up broken limbs where I can, sometimes I pray with the relatives of dead family members, and listen to their troubles before bringing them before a priest.

After dinner I used to travel through the Nars, and so go about clearing the road from Peltarch to Norwick, tending to the bodies found along the road. Half way to the village I would camp out in the evening, cleaning my armor, weapons, and making certain all my equipment was in the perfect order. Once I reached Norwick I would socialize with the villagers, usually remove my plate, and relax before heading back first thing next morning.

This was my routine, not as "heroic" as one would expect from a person with the ambition of one day reaching Paladinhood.

I live a life of poverty, and tithe regularly, I have simple needs and carry a light load, I am never "off duty" and pray daily.

And I live a life of solitude.

It might not appear it, for I spend a fair bit of my time in public, but I spend even more on my own, enjoying the beautiful landscape that surrounds the city.

I love the Nars, with its rolling hills, tall lush grass, and the refreshing wind. I love traveling its roads, and camp under its moon and in nights when it is so cold, I can scrape frost off my armor, the heaven is so clear that I can see almost every star glittering above me like jewels.

I bath in the cool streams, I think some would be shocked to find me swimming naked in the lakes, but I find it refreshing, adventures and liberating. I love sitting near the crackling fire, dripping wet, and nude, watching the moon above, knowing I am offending none, since there are nobody there to see me.

When I am alone, and out of my armor, I am Natanya Summers, farm girl from the Dales.

When I am at the temple and in plate, I am Natanya warrior of Tyr and servant of the priestess.

• Love

It is strange, isn't it.. "love".

As I grow I feel a greater need to find somebody, I am curious I want to explore I want to know what it is like to love and be loved and feel wanted.

I seem to miss all opportunity or perhaps I am aiming to high.

Theirulf

think I got a crush on Theirulf, I wont lie, no I shouldn't lie, specially to myself, I do have a crush on Theirulf, and he is now married. But I respect that, I will never attempt to flirt, tease or tempt him, I can see in his eyes that he sometimes wonder, he sometimes question what it would be like had he met me at a different time in life and I am flattered by this, though his love for his wife is pure and strong and I can never imagine him betraying her.

Varen

Then there is Varen, he is sweet, cute and makes me laugh. I must admit that his courting and I do consider it genuinely courting is flattering, and makes me feel appreciated and curious. But that spark, that real feeling of love isn't there. I don't really feel "that" way, but perhaps one day I might, unless he gives up on me, I want to take it slow because I see "love" as quite serious. I feel wrong to lead him on when I don't know if it will ever happen. I told him no and I broke his heart but it was better this than to give him false hope, I am scared I will fall in love with him, because by the time I do he has probably found another.

Elor

There is Elor, foolish he is, and childish and boyish and I disagree with almost all his views. He seem to have a small crush on me, but I do not repay it, I could not see myself with him under any circumstances and though he is cute to look at I find nothing stimulating about him. There is something hopeless and foolish about him that brings out the mother or sister instinct, I feel a need to be compassionate toward him and so he somehow seem to mistake it for "interest".

Khalomey

Khalomey is cute, no.. he is very handsome, but most of all he is a man. He is quite "right" in fact, except he has no real interest in me and seem to travel alot. I think I would really only allow myself in a relationship with somebody that didn't simply leave for monthes at a time.

Who else..

Durai

Ah there is, Hightowers son, I found him very handsome until I learned he was engaged. I would probably tease him if he wasn't already with another, so I will not even entertain the thought.

Mariston

There is Mariston, everybody has been going on about how right and fitting we would be, when Mariston was single I kept him at arms length because of how he was known to tease anything that walked and I found it off-putting how "right" we supposedly was for one and another. He is now with Anna, so I will not even consider the possibility.

Talgris

I am to have a dinner with Khalomey soon, and I am curious of how it will go, and then there is Talgris, I know nothing about him, he does not have the most attractive way of talking, but he is a Tempus follower, and I was in a crazy mood so when he invited me for dinner, I simply couldn't turn him down.

Talgrath

Sometimes I wonder if Talgrath "likes" me, if only a bit. There has been some odd times when there has been a spark there that neither of us has toyed with. Now he has reunited himself with his past love, which suits me quite well since Talgrath is awfully old.

But to be honest, I don't think I have a true chance with any of these, somehow men find me a pretty to look at but has no genuine interest in my personality, and I am usually pushed aside for other women whom are more stimulating, once my apprentice looses its novelty in their eyes.

I am tempted to swear an oath of chastity and bind myself to Tyr.

We will see how it goes..