Rose Knight Investigates a Murder

• The resident Knight of the Red Rose, Rico Swift, seeks information regarding the mad mage Izakiel //spelled Ezekiel on the notice// and someone named Baltassa, as well as any recent murders. Fruitful information will be rewarded a hundred gold pieces.

Additional information is known about the lands as to why, depending on who you are and who you talk to.

DC 10 Lore Check
    Izakiel attacked the Knight while he was visiting the Legion tower after a mining expedition with some of the Union.

DC 12 Lore Check
    Rico is not a member of either group.

DC 20 Lore Check or simply being on good terms with the Knight and asking
    Izakiel blamed Rico for the murder of someone named Baltassa. Rico denies murdering anyone.

DC 22 Lore Check
    Rico has given his word, upon his honor, to find the truth of the matter.
    Izakiel has given his word, such that it is worth, that 50 innocent women will die if the paladin cannot keep his promise within the month ((A week)).

Additionally, Rico is also seeks conference with the most powerful mage he knows, Aramuil, on ways to defend and even stop Izakiel, who attacks with summoned magics and appears from afar as but an illusion.

• ICC

In the darkest point of night Rico will be approached by an Elf he knows well

"It may be that I can gain an audience with this Guardian Spirit, I was once touched by the Well. …and of course would be happy to see the Izakiel situation...resolved." Saying the last bit somewhat Grimly

• Clayton, overhearing this speech of his, begins to growl with a feral snarl at the mention of 50 innocent women being punished and held against their will.

"To the abyss with that bullshit. Cowardly, preying upon women like that."

He looks over to Rico, rolling his right shoulder a bit before shrugging.

"I'll back you up, Pretty Boy. Just tell me when and where."

• After having discovered the the truth of the matter, and being quite naturally twice double-crossed by Izakiel, the resident Knight of the Red Rose assembles a group with purposes three-fold.

All virtuous souls who understand the risk and would stand in the dark against the hideous madness are bid to join him in just cause.

_First and foremost, we go not to kill Izakiel. If he must be slain, than he must. How is a another kettle of fish. But all I seek, and all I have called thee to meet and deliberate upon, is the safe return of those he has taken.

The man does not equivocate upon the possibility that there may not be anything of them left to return. It is a fact he and all gathered are all too aware of, but irrelevant to the course which must be taken

I foresee at least three actions which must occur.

Izakiel's domain is guarded by a creature of the Well, a guardian spirit. She must be bypassed or defeated. I shall go and confront her directly, but am told she will not meet with me. Still, I must try.

The second plan is even more dangerous, and requires that we all but cleave soul from body, and leaves the very real possibility that some may not make it back. I'm not trying to dissuade you. I'm just being honest of the risks. When you have made your decisions upon the matter, I will tell you more.

The third is simple. We broach upon Izakiel's demnse itself._

//Probably won't happen for a bit. The DM running this shindig is heading off for parts known for a tenday, and I start up classes next week.

• Rico's asked everyone he can about this Baltassa, and even went to the Temple of Kelemvor asking if there was a way to contact a departed spirit with only a name.

He even made a trip to the Fugue plane the hard way for good measure.

Rico feels like a real heel after this, and that everything past this point is his fault, so he's also laboring to discover a way to nail Izakiel's feet to the fire. Somewhat literally.