In the Name of Torm: The Life of Bram Rodlac

• The dim green light colored the all ready green grass on each side of the path. what few animals were out at this time were frightened away. With a full moon lighting the sky, they did not expect any other sources of light. There a man walked however, seemingly a source of light all himself. His stride is exactly the same with every step. He walks as though his mission is the only thing that matters. His face shows no emotion, and his eyes look straight forward at all times. If his thoughts were broadcast they would paint a different picture however.

"How long have I been walking? I'm so tired. I don't even know if this is the right direction. Lord please, guide me. I am lost"

As if the mans powerful lord could read his thoughts at that very moment, a torch was lit in the distance. It was difficult for him to tell who or what lit the torch, but his mood was brightened. It was still not reflected in his physical demeanor though. His stride never stuttered ro quickend, he simply calmly made his way to the torch. When within a half mile he eyes began to make out a gate with 4 torches aligned at the top of it. The gate was black and had silver trim and bolts keeping it together. The closer the man approached the gate, his senses came alive. Not the normal five senses of an average man, but one granted to him through divinity. He felt in his heart that evil lurked behind these gates. It was no great evil, on the onctrary it was quite petty. For the first time in several days his expression changed. A smile was no upon his face. Almost as if he was happy to have found a place where he knew such evil existed.

"Thank you my lord. I am needed here. I can help them, even if they do not want it. I am so glad that the talents you have provided me will be put to use for the first time in several months."

A strong but short lasting gust came by him as he approached the gate. The second torch of the four was put out. He swore the wind had said to him, "you're welcome." This man got his pleasure from doing exactly as he believes he's instructed. Fullfilling his duty to himself, his lord, his religion and he would not have it any other way. He looked over the black gate for a short moment before he realized two men from the top and one peering through a hole at eye level were all watching him approach. Before any of the three men could say a thing, the man shouted, "Excuse me gentlemen! Might you be so kind as to let me take shelter in your village? I have travelled so far and I am very weary!" One of the men stood upright on top of the gate. He wore tattered brown cloth and a brown cloth hood that was too large for his head. He seemed rather short due to his stance, his back was most always curled forward as if he had a hump. "You're kind ain't be welcome round here .. knight!" His voice was scraggly and had little conviction. He seemed frightened at what the traveller would do in return. He was convinced the traveller was a threat. "My kind sir?" The traveller asked complexed, "Exactly how are you so sure what 'my kind' is? You've never even met .." A woman stuck her head through the hole at eye level in the gate. Her hood came off as she peeked through, revealing a fair woman, or she would have been if not for the filth covering her hair and face, with long blonde hair. "Don't try and trick us KNIGHT! Just one look at ye and we're all knowing why ye be here!"

The traveller let out a small laugh. There was no hiding who he was. Why should he after all, he was very proud of his role. He stood an average five feet, ten inches. His hair was shoulder length, black and pulled back away from his face. If you looked closely at his face, you may mistake him for a growing boy. Gaze into his eyes however, and there was no mistaking that he was certainly a full-grown man. His armor was a finely polished silver and healthy green. Onlookers were never sure if the suit really did glow or perhaps it was an excellent polish. Either way a green shine was always present. On his back two large swords cross in a giant 'X'. The point of both nearly hit the ground and the hilts ended two inches above his head. The belt around his waist had 5 bags tied to it. Each one was filled to the breaking point, carefully tied together and neatly placed in order.

He walked up closer to the woman behind the gate, "If you're so familiar with my kind," he said in a calm voice, "then you are all too well aware I mean no harm to anyone who lives behind this gate. I only wish everyone here a peaceful and happy life. If who I am is so blatant, than that must be as well." The woman tried to hide her blush. His voice was so kind and soothing that she was nearly taken by him. She was convinced there was nothing he could do to threaten their ways, she motioned for the gates to be opened. The gates opened very slowly, with a loud creaking. A small crowd immediately gather around to see their new guest. All were asking him questions at once and he did not know who to address first. He stood there merely befuddled. A few of them stumbled out of the way and a loud scream of "Lemme talk ta im!" burst through. The traveller looked to find who the scream came from, but couldn't at first. He then glanced downward to see a dwarf with white hair, dressed in black leather approach him.

The dwarf knocked on the armor 4 times as if it were a door and he expected the traveller to answer. "How can I help you sir dwarf?" he responded as kindly he could. "Ye won't get any kind greetin's here boy. Last few strangers we had were trouble. What be yer name?" the dwarf had inquired. "My name sir, is Bram Rodlac."

((Thanks for allowing me to post even though I am not currently an active player. Hopefully all will go as planned and I can be back soon. I hope I can update this every so often to give people some idea of what Bram has been up to. He may still have a FEW fans out there. Also, I never knew I could write and not actually GO anywhere like this. Next one will be more eventful hopefully.))