NWN and Windows 7

• I'm considering buying a new laptop in a month or so with Windows 7 as it's OS. How well does it work with NWN? Anything I should keep in mind when searching? 32-bit or 64-bit? Anything I would have to set on the computer itselt to make sure NWN runs properly?

Any advice would be helpful from those who've already gone through this. Thanks. 🙂

• @6a09611eee=MexicanCookie:

Correct. That's what I do to run it.

In fact I didn't even reinstall it on the new PC. I just saved the ENTIRE NWN directory to a flash drive and dumped it on the desktop of the new computer. Works great. 🙂

Totally something Benji would do. 😛

Thanks for the tips everyone.

• @b698ffef97=Araighn:

@b698ffef97=Maverick_tO:

no problems, just set nwnmain.exe to require adminstrator permissions (right click > "troubleshoot compatibility" > Troubleshoot compatibility > "The program requires additional permissions" ) done and done.

I assume that means you also have to use the "nwnmain.exe" shortcut to run NWN like we had to with Vista?

With Narfell. I have my direct connect in the shortcut.
    D:\Games_86\NeverwinterNights\nwmain.exe +connect 71.170.37.122:5121

• Legion

@9ffde288f1=Araighn:

@9ffde288f1=Maverick_tO:

no problems, just set nwnmain.exe to require adminstrator permissions (right click > "troubleshoot compatibility" > Troubleshoot compatibility > "The program requires additional permissions" ) done and done.

I assume that means you also have to use the "nwnmain.exe" shortcut to run NWN like we had to with Vista?

Correct. That's what I do to run it.

In fact I didn't even reinstall it on the new PC. I just saved the ENTIRE NWN directory to a flash drive and dumped it on the desktop of the new computer. Works great. 🙂

• @b76111d7ad=Maverick_tO:

• no problems, just set nwnmain.exe to require adminstrator permissions (right click > "troubleshoot compatibility" > Troubleshoot compatibility > "The program requires additional permissions" ) done and done.

• I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and it works just fine

• Uhm best i can say is i have windows 7 64 bit and i didnt have to do anything special. Just installed and its worked fine, only problems i have are from my 9800gtx video card not likeing nwn lol. Windows 7 though seems to work well with it in my experience.