Diary of a Fuzzy Sorceress

• Entry 151

Wow, I never realized just how much time has passed by since I last wrote in this diary. A lot has happened, certainly too much to write about here. I’ll just give some of the personal highlights.

Rith is back in Suzail dealing with a lot of family business. I’ve spent some time helping her with that.

Tindra succumbed to more wanderlust and has been traveling all over the place. From one merchant caravan to the next. She finally got homesick, though, as she has returned to Norwick. I'm glad she's enjoying her life.

Jerrick is gone. Not dead, but, stuck on a mountain being the guardian of something important to the Balance of Nature. It’s been rough on me and the kittens sometimes. Elaine was especially upset, and I dare say she held a bit of resentment to him for it. Leena was more understanding of it. As for me? I have my good days and my bad days. I know and believe he is doing the right thing, but Jerrick is my soulmate. To be without him feels like a piece of myself isn’t here. It helps that he can reach out to me at times through magic. Yet that is no replacement for having him physically with me. I need to feel his arms wrapped around me, to feel his lips on mine, to put my head on his shoulder…

Did you know I tried to get up that mountain? I needed to be with him. So I tried. And tried. And tried. But I’m no druid, I could not find the way. The Nature gods must have taken pity on me, as they allowed him to come to the shore and spend some time with me. It was a blissful yet bittersweet reunion. I am back in Norwick and he is back on the mountain.

It was enough to make me feel better. My heart still aches for him, but I can bear the pain.

You know what helps? Seeing my daughters. Elaine inherited my sorcery, while Leena took after Jerrick and has become a druid. I must say, she has definitely become a force for Nature. I can't help but feel proud, and Jerrick shares that pride as well.

While Elaine is away traveling, I was able to surprise Leena with my return. And she has surprised me in return! She has a boyfriend! I'm pretty excited by that. Artemis is his name. Hopefully, I'll get to know him more, but so far he seems like a good man. I wonder what Tojan will think of him.

I know you might be wondering what has gone on in Narfell up to this point (whoever is reading this when I'm gone). But I'm still catching up myself. Recently, many adventurers took to slaying a powerful lich that threatened the land. I helped them fight up a mountain through undead frost giants, but then stuck with our druid allies while the others moved on. They were successful, but many died in the battle. Leena was at the front of the fight (again, she is so much like her father), and felt shaken by seeing all the casualties. I gave her the best advice I could think of. Take time out and spend it with loved ones. Whenever Jerrick felt the stress of his druidship weigh heavy, he would come to me to recenter. Sometimes with our friends like Rith and Fadia. We need to remind ourselves why we fight.

I need to check in on her later.

• Entry 150

I officially took the oath for the Wolves of Narfell. In attendance were Eluriel, Sy'wyn, Jerrick, Faelar, Fadia, and Vilmar. Yes. Vilmar. As far as I recall, he's not Wolf. It was still good that he was there. He seemed interested in joining actually. Something about that makes me think there's irony afoot. Maybe Tindra would know why?

I have no idea what he thinks of me. We haven't talked much. Granted, I'm still a bit scared to talk to him. What if he did become a Wolf? He would certainly fit in, I think. He's a ranger through and through. He certainly has made quick friends with the others. Maybe it'll give me more chances to prove myself to him.

See, I just have to focus on the silver lining…

• Entry 149

<g>F A R K !</g>

I have to remember NOT to say, "Oh, life is going perfect." That just seems to tempt fate to slap me across the face.

I doubt I could have a bigger shock in my life than the one I had the other day. Rith came running up to me and mentioned there's somebody right behind me wanting to talk. I turned around and saw Vilmar standing there.

Vilmar is alive?!?!

I just froze. I mean, Tindra and Tojan both told me he was dead. We had his bow and ring even! And yet there he was.

He's alive!! And he knows I'm not Tindra.

I'm still freaking out a bit here, just trying not to show it. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to see that he's really alive. I'm sure it's made Tindra very happy. And since I share her early memories, I do see him as my adoptive brother too. So what's wrong?

He also vividly remembers the pain and trouble I caused when the Dark Enchantress had me in her clutches. If he doesn't hate me, he's gotta certainly strongly dislike me. And the fact that I have his sister's body? That's like adding insult to injury, right?

I've had trouble sleeping the last few nights…

Maybe I'm getting too paranoid again. He did offer to let me prove myself to him. Rith is irked, of course. She feels I shouldn't have to prove myself to anybody. Jerrick too. But this is family. Family that I've hurt. Sorry, but it's hard to set aside the guilt I carry. Besides, he wasn't too unreasonable. One task was done already ten times over (pass on knowledge to others about what I know of the Dark Enchantress). Another was easy (give him his bow and ring back). The last? That'll be tough... find a way for Tindra to be a werecat again.

Honestly, I'm doubtful that can be done. I've not heard from the werewolf clans in decades (neither has Tindra I think). Infection is out too, I won't have her suffer through what Aelthas had. I know of one mage who did it on his own, but Tindra knows more of that and as far as I know it was NOT a nice method and I'm sure she'd be against it.

I promised I'd try to find a way though. I can't promise that it'll happen, but I'll try at least.

If he can't accept that... well... I'll just have to accept it.

• Entry 148

Well… I haven't written too much. Too tired from chasing the girls around.

Rith finally did something about her nightmares a while back. I was hoping to help, but that "Nightshade" fellow she had contacted did it without me. I'll have to get the whole story from Rith sometime.

So then I figured my next focus should be on getting her to realize that yes, she should try to reach for what she really really really wants... motherhood. Guess what? She finally asked Lathander on her own (well, I'm sure SOMEBODY prodded her, but it wasn't me). Of course Lathander gave her his blessing on it (birth is part of his whole dogma, isn't it?). Now she just has to fix her body so she can physically bear children.

And she and Micah are quite a happy couple. They just spent a nice trip visiting Suzail. Uncle Hammond can rest easy, I think. Rith's found her happiness, just like "she" (I) promised.

Thorn and Fadia are doing good, too. And Tindra, I think (at least, I haven't heard any bad news about her).

Life's just good I guess. Hope things stay this way for a while.

• Entry 147

I feel a bit silly. I can just imagine Fadia saying, “I told you so,” right now.

Eluriel and I had our talk finally. It never occurred to me that she could be as nervous of me as I was of her. Ironic, no? I feel better now, at least. I'm still a Wolf, though she and I agree that I should officially take the oath. More importantly, we are better friends.

What was so important? She wanted to know me better. Me as Lorelai, not as “Tindra's mental doppleganger.” I'll admit right now that is something I should have done differently. I should have opened up more to others, made myself and my intentions known.

Oh wait. I have written that several times before, haven't I? Of course, there is no hiding it now. The cat has been let out of the bag and there is no way to stuff her back in. Not that we want to, it's easier to keep the truth free.

Back to Eluriel. I think the simple act of having questions answered really is what was needed, though I think some answers also calmed some fears, like how I do share the same early memories that Tindra has of childhood and coming to Norwick. Eluriel compared it to Zeke and Zyphlin. It's a good comparison, I think. With Zyphlin though, he was fixed by the two coming together. Tindra and I didn't.

Perhaps we should have been. After all, Jerr was quite adamant that we should be one whole instead of two halves. He could be right. I do notice a difference with Tindra gone, but is that a missing piece or just having been used to living in the same body for so long? And Tindra, not only does she not have me, but she is no longer a werecat. That must be uncomfortable for her at times. I know I would dearly miss being a feline.

Actually, El did express some concern about Tindra being a bit different than she remembers. I hope Tindra isn't too different. Maybe I should ask Rith about that? No, I'll ask Thorn or Fadia. I don't need to trouble Rith with more problems right now. She's got her nightmares plaguing her again. Hopefully, we should soon put those nightmares to rest. Of course, it'd be nice if we could do away with that drow bitch. One thing at a time.

((Note: I had this written out a while ago and forgot to post it…))

• Entry 146

I should remember my old motto of "don't ask, you might not want to know." Bah, who am I kidding? It's not a matter of 'want'. I probably needed to know it.

According to Fadia, Yngdir's harsh words about me aren't really about how I've caused Tindra harm in our past. He sees me as an abomination because of us two being split apart. Even though Mielikki guided Fadia on how to do it.

Lovely.

I have talked with Rasuil, Thorn, and Fadia about things concerning me. Each has had words that help. I'm still scared of what Eluriel is going to say to me. Maybe because it's hard for me to tell what she thinks of me? In one moment, I could believe that she takes my advice and opinions without judgement. In another moment, I'll feel like she doesn't trust me at all.

She has every right not to trust me; I kept myself hidden for so long. I wanted to tell her sooner. I was just too damn scared to. She's one of the few who could probably remember how the Dark Enchantress controlled me.

Selune, please give me strength.

• Entry 145

It looks like my sins are finally catching up to haunt me. Yngdir wanted to relay a message to me, but the way he asked for me at the Wolves' camp was rather… well, insulting. Rith probably took more offense to it than I, and she made a comment back at him that caused him to leave the Wolves. And now Eluriel wants to talk to me.

Maybe I am paranoid, but my stomach knots up when I ponder what she wants to talk about. I trust my gut, and I don't like what it's telling me. Ronan tells me to just don't worry about what others think about me. Let them think what they will and stick to what I do and let my actions speak for me.

I can live with people disliking me for the wrongs I have done to Tindra. I would hope that I could be forgiven, but I won't expect them to. At least Tindra has, that's who matters most on that.

Being removed from something that I have been a part of for years... that I've fought for, bleed for, made it a part of my life and vice versa...

That thought pains me.

• Entry 144

I was right! Go me! Zeke is Zyphlin! I wish I was there when he finally realized who he was, but I take pride in figuring that out long ago. Sure, I didn't know Zyphlin too well before, mostly in passing.

I confused the poor bard. I guess he had run into Tindra just a short while before coming over to the house. So when he saw me he was taken aback at seeing a half-elven "Tindra" when he just spoke to an elven one (who he should remember as being half-elven also). I promised to give him the full story later.

I admit a little part of me giggles at the confusion we cause. I can be a bad kitty when I want.

Jerrick helped fix up Zyphlin's face of it's scars, and the bard then went to rest up. Thorn, Rith, Jerrick, and I hung out for a bit and got silly of course. I love it when we get silly, it's quite relaxing.

The kittens should be waking up soon. I'll have to make sure they don't make too much noise and bother Zyphlin.

• Entry 143

Well. So much for Fight Night this month. Locrian was an ass, like before. Except moreso. Alright, Ronan probably did screw up and break a law, but did Loc have to make the town's militia look like brainless thugs? Was he trying to arrest Ronan? Was he trying to ban Ronan? It was like he tried to do both at once.

I'll make sure the Chancellor straightens this out. I'm positive this is not what she wants of our militia.

So a bunch of us ended up skipping Fight Night. That turned out fine because I got to meet Rith's new boyfriend.

Yes, you heard (read) me right. Boyfriend.

Micah's a nice fellow. Handsome too. He's training to be a guardian, knows about mixing drinks. Witty enough to crack a good joke, but is also polite and sensible. And Tawny sure was friendly with him.

He passes the Lorie-test.

• Entry 142

My visit here has been wonderful. It's great to be with my father again. And meeting his parents and siblings. I know Tindra and I have raised some eyebrows, but it's okay.

I just am not thinking too much on some questions they asked.

If there is one thing that I am completely taken by surprise by, it's that I am no longer an exile. I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised, but I was. The partnership with the elves has softened some stances; and nobody wants to tell my father his daughter can take a hike. There is also the fact that a newer generation leads the tribe. Elders who don't recall the day I was run out of town, but recalls when I (Tindra technically) snuck back one time years later and ended up lending aid to rescue captives from bugbears. The tribe is still wary of my magic, but are rather curious and awed by my shapeshifting. Youngbloods wish to spar with me, and children asked for kitty-back rides.

The tribe and the elves tend to stick with their own. The former in tents below, the latter in houses built in the trees. I did see some interactions that made me smile.

The tribe's warriors, especially youngbloods, have always pitted themselves against each other in various contests. Much of it is determining dominance. And of course it gives a good show for the women (seeing a few try to impress Rith was priceless). I found a few elven warriors joining in. That was fun to watch. Elves tend to fight very differently. They are much more methodical and precise. On the first round, the elves easily knocked down the youngbloods with some sidesteps and redirecting of force. Their mistake, however, was to act too smug. Maybe they were just being typically elvish, or maybe they were just trying to intimidate. Either way, what they did was give the youngbloods a good reason to really throw themselves at the elves. The youngbloods charged in with a ferocity that startled the elves, who were beaten. I'm not sure what surprised the elves more. The ferocity of that attack, or the youngbloods then helping the elves back up for some more sparring. I admit it's a little bipolar.

I also saw one of the tribe's shamans of Tempus talking with a priest of Corellon. They were exchanging tales of their gods. And I laughed at an elven hunters blushing at some catcalling from a couple of the women while he was returning.

I just wish there wasn't some gloom from concerns about the bugbears. That would have made this whole trip perfect.

• Entry 141
    My father's alive. So of to home we went. By Selûne, this was nerve-wracking. Arguing with a dragon would probably be more relaxing.

Tindra was very excited. I'm rather jealous, she seems like she has few worries in this world. Rith would scold me and say I should be like that, too. I should, but I was so damn scared of what my father would say or do when he learns the truth.

Of course, Rith was with us along with Fadia and Thorn. It's a good thing they insisted on making the journey, we fought a fair amount of hobgoblins and bugbears. It's nothing short of a miracle that I made it to Norwick when I was exiled, which is of course why Selûne means so much to me.

After many days, we found a familiar sight. The clearing where my life changed for the first time. I stared at the sky for a few minutes, at the same spot I recall seeing Selûne's star twinkle at me. Memories crashed down on me, they were as vivid as if they happened yesterday. I know I've told the story numerous times before, but I told it again. This place was important to me, and I wanted the others to understand why. Memory after memory left my lips. The elders questioning me, that bastard calling me a witch and a devil, the ball of white light shooting out from my hand when I became scared, running for my life from my tribe and only stopping when exhaustion forced me, feeling so scared and alone and with no idea of what to do or where to go. But then I remembered Selûne guides wanderers and the lost, and I prayed.

The Moonmaiden let me true. I am forever hers because of it. I pulled out a moonstone and offered it to her, setting it on the stone where I had sat and prayed years ago. And I was amused that Tindra had done the exact same thing as I at the same moment. Did we both tell the story together too?

The village, of course, is in ruins. Almost nothing left really, nature has claimed the land. Tindra and I found where we used to live, and we bowed our heads to offer a moment of respect for our mother. Rith called out that there was movement, elves. One quickly approached us, and instantly I knew it was Daddy. I felt that fear and guilt hit me again.

If I wasn't so caught up in my feelings, I would have found it amusing that my own father almost mistook Rith to be his daughter. He quickly recovered and came at me and gave me a hug. I wished that hug could last forever, but deep down I knew we had to tell him the truth. Daddy quickly noticed Tindra and knew something was odd. Rith volunteered to explain. I am relieved she offered the explanation, I don't think I could have done it myself.

My father sat and listened. His face was serious and without emotion as he let Rith talk. After she was done, he took a look at both Tindra and I. Fear spiked through my body again. He went over and gave Tindra a loving hug, which even in my panicked mind I was happy to see. Then he walked up to me.

There have only been a few times I've seen such a look in his face. It was That Look. You know what I mean right? The look only a parent can give a kid who did something wrong. If I wasn't so paralyzed with fear, I think I might have actually ran. In a sharp voice, he demanded I look at him. "A fake life… illusion and lies? Is that all you are?" I heard him ask.

The words echoed loudly in my ears. How many times have I asked myself the same thing? For how long have I let that hang over my head?

I'm real. No matter how I came to be, I am real. Different, but real. I told Daddy so.

And he accepted it. Gave me another hug. Jerr, you'd be proud of me.

• Entry 140

Time has flown by so fast here. Rith promised to show Fadia and I around Suzail, and she really showed us around. Each night I've been exhausted from the day's activities that I have neglected to write anything in this diary.

Some highlights?

The Laughing Lass was a terrific place to just have fun. Good food, great drink (while I did try the local ales and wines, I was happy to see my favorite Silverymoon Ruby was available), and really, really good music and dancing. I even had some fun trading tales with some of the local adventurers

The variety of fish at the harbor was amazing. Fish came in every color of the rainbow, even all the colors at once! And shellfish too. I was very selfish with the shellfish. Sorry, I couldn't resist that joke. Yes, Rith and Fadia groaned at it too. One of the fishmongers joked that I had to be a cat with how excited I was of all the fish. If only he knew how right he was.

We also spent some time at the Royal Gardens. It was amazing to see the different fauna and flora they had. A whole forest in a city! I was sorely tempted to run through it as a panther. I wonder if they'd let me…

While being in the city was a tad dizzying, the freshness of it all kept me from feeling unnerved. The Purple Dragon Knights are indeed glorious; with their well kept and shining armor. One law in particular caught my eye as I glanced at an official posting. Harming cats is forbidden. I couldn't help but smile.

I took the time to speak with one interesting merchant. Out of respect, I won't write much of him here. He did appreciate my visit to his shop, from one "monster" to another.

Today ended on a rather interesting note. I was returning to the main building of the Phoenixfeather estate and saw Hammond by the fountains in the courtyard. He mistook me for being Rith! Maybe I should have said something. I didn't want to embarrass him; I'd have felt awful doing so. He asked me to sit with him... on his lap actually, like he'd expect of one who is like a daughter to him. I then got the lecture I expect he gives Rith whenever she visits.

How she shouldn't forget to think of herself and not just other people. How she shouldn't let herself be alone, find a man, have a family. Things like that.

And to add to the awkwardness of it all? Rith walked in on us.

Maybe I should have just said who I was from the start. But I think Rith is probably happier to not have had that conversation with him. I did tell her afterward all about it since she wanted to know. And that I really do agree with Hammond. Now only if I could get Rith to follow through with the advice... I'll try my hardest to. I kind of promised to... And then some.

This won't be easy. Rith's got her hang ups. I'll worry about it all after we are home again.

• Entry 139

Suzail! We have finally made our trip. As I write, I am in a nice bedroom in the Phoenixfeather estate (which is HUGE). It's Rith's room actually, though I do have my own room. I think Fadia has a room as well, but she is more comfortable sleeping outside in the gardens, the silly druid.

The food available here is amazing. I have tried a number of foods at tonight's dinner that I have never heard of before. It was mostly all delicious, there were a few items I didn't care for. Rith didn't eat much, I think because the conversation's topic strayed into subjects she'd rather not speak about.

"Uncle" Hammond is a lovely fellow. I can tell he loves Rith like she were his own daughter. He has nothing but praise for Rith, he calls her his "little Sunshine." Quite an adorable nickname. I do hope to spend more time with him and ask more about Rith's childhood.

We have a lot planned for this trip. Rith is very excited to show us two woodsy women the splendors of fancy city life. It should be interesting.

• Entry 138

It's been a month or so now that Tindra and I have become separate people. I find myself growing used to having only my thoughts bouncing in my head. I feared that would take longer to get used to, honestly.

What I think I will not get used to for a while yet, is having people call me Tindra and it feeling wrong. Unless I know the person is talking directly to me, I find myself not reacting to hearing somebody call out for Tindra. Even when Benji called out Tindra’s name for the archery contest, I didn’t step forward. I expected Tindra herself to step up, but it seems she wasn’t at this month’s competition. I have started to tell people to call me Lorie or Lorelai. Naturally, it’s the people who just met me that are quicker to accept it.

We’ve been planning more for the trip to Suzail. It’ll be just us sisters, at least for half a month. After that, we’ll see if we want to head back home or bring the kittens over for a day or two. Rith has a “Word of Recall” spell that will make our travel time moments rather than weeks, so it’ll be easy to bring the fetch the kittens for a brief time. I am quite looking forward to the trip. This is where Rith grew up and it is completely different than where grew up. Just about completely opposite. Suzail is a grand city, while I grew up in a small village. She grew up around nobles and rich merchant families, while I among barbarians who never dealt with money. It fascinates me how we are so different, yet so very much sisters.

Thorn has been staying at the den lately. I hope Dondiah works out the problem from her trip he was in on. Though, it is nice having Thorn about. I don’t know if I mentioned it before (I really don’t feel like looking back through this diary right now to confirm), but I sort of did have eyes on him when back when I was trying to get over Jerrick being with Feather. Thorn was an easy person to open up to, and is a fetching elf. I’m glad he and Fadia have become close.

• Entry 137

So much has happened in the past week or so.

The artifact has been recovered and the Shadovar are beaten back. I would not be surprised if they return someday, but for now we have won. Rith and Fadia both came back alive and well. Rith was so happy to finally be able to leave her post at the temple. She had missed Tawny terribly, and the lioness missed her too.

With the terrible business of the Shadovar behind us, we turned our attention to the next task at hand. Tindra and I.

The ritual was painful, both physically and spiritually. The physical pain was having my arm cut off. The spiritual pain was… well... it felt like being ripped in half. I was expecting that, but it still was awful and I ended up passing out from the pain at the end. When I woke, I felt drained, though the pain was gone. My arm was regrown by healing magics from Rith after our task was done. It still felt a bit tingly.

And Tindra?

She's a pretty elf now. Her face still looks mostly the same as mine, but she's got brown hair and green eyes. Most importantly, she looked very happy. She's her own self now. I'm my own self too. Just the way we wanted.

I must admit, however, that I do feel a bit of an emptiness in my head. No, I don't wish her back in my head. It's like... like living with somebody for many years and then that person moves out to their own place. I can still see and visit that person, but now the home has an empty room. It's change. Change for the better, but still change.

Rith tells me she hopes that she can be as beautiful and wonderful a person as I am. She loves to flatter me so. I do push myself constantly, not quite believing that I am really as good of a person as she or Jerrick tell me. I am fearful of becoming the hateful person the Dark Enchantress molded me to be. And I do let guilt of what happened to Tindra weigh on my mind constantly.

Rith tells me I shouldn't feel guilty anymore. She has her life fully now. And whatever years I've stolen from her, are repaid in her being an elf and will live many, many years beyond.

I promise to try not to feel guilty anymore.

Besides, we have a trip to Suzail to plan. I should enjoy this with a clear heart and mind.

• Entry 136
    Alright, alright, alright. Tindra wins. I bet she somehow got Fadia and Rith to talk to me about how we will be split. It makes me feel so guilty to keep this body and have her take a new one. But… I've already kinda taken things over. And then the kittens know this face as their mother. And Tindra really does want this path.

Still, I feel so guilty.

Rith and Fadia plan to be taking part in a big mission to stop the Shadovar from achieving their goal. I want to take part too, but I really should stay with the kittens. And looking at the list of suggested items to bring, various healing potions, medicine kits, scrolls and such... I don't think I could afford that all. Best I don't go and drag things down.

My two sisters are trying to be optomistic about this mission, but they both have then said things to me that make me cringe. Rith asks us both that if she dies to let Tindra have her body. I want my sister back from death, I'll be pissed off at her if she decides to stay dead just for Tindra.

And Fadia asks me if they fail, do I have someplace safe to bring the kittens... I wasn't sure if I knew of anywhere outside of Narfell to go to. One thought was that Jerrick would surely know a place. However, I came up with an idea.

IF the worst happens and we must flee Narfell, then Suzail will be our destination.

–----------------------

_Well, I didn't exactly tell them to talk to you, but yes I thought they would after I had a chat with them. Really, it's for the best this way.

Also… does Rith really want me to slap her again? She's a nice person, but she can be so shortsighted on some things. Make her promise to take you to Suzail. Give her a reason to come back to you._

• Entry 135
    _I watched the Team Fight portion of Fight Night a few weeks ago. At least a dozen were competing, and a handful of spectators watching. As I looked about, there were two things that weighed heavily on my heart.

First, I only recognized a few people. And only two of them I have known for a good length of time. Only one, Suldin, actually came up to me to say farewell after Fight Night was done.

Second, I am certain that Lorelai would have known more people.

Fadia found me afterword, and asked me to take a walk with her. She asked how if I ever felt I was excluded or didn't fit in the Circle since I'm not a druid. I guess she's feeling like that with some other groups she has become involved in. I told her I never felt like an outsider in the Circle.

It's my life that I feel like I'm an outsider of.

The other week, Lorelai and I have been that Fadia's been praying to Mielikki for a way to help us, and she has received a vision on how to do it. Like Andu was suggesting, it is a modified Reincarnation rite. There's only two concerns.

First, who will become the new body? Lorie and have had arguments about that. Hopefully, we'll resolve it.

Second, what manner of being will the powers of Nature decide to shape the new body into? It could end up being a kobold, orc, or even a goblin as much as it could be a human, elf, or dwarf. Is the risk worth it?

I think it will. I am willing to risk it._

• Entry 134

Narfell isn't a land that stays quiet for very long. we have Shadovar causing trouble now. They are Sharrans through and through. They are trying to ressurect their old city, and want to wreck havoc on the Weave. There seems to be one exception, a man of their own who has turned his back on them and their ways. I am not sure if I trust him, but I will give him the chance to prove he speaks truthfully. I won't be a hypocrite.

I wish I could afford the time to play a more active part in this. The kittens come first, of course. Elaine and Leena look so much alike; I'm sure they will be pulling the same pranks that Rith and I have. If you pay attention, you'll notice their personalities are a bit different. Elaine is a little more demanding, while Leena is more daring. Both are getting to be trouble-makers. They have even exhausted Tojan! I think they are getting to be old enough for me to bring them down to the den and let them play with Tawny.

Tojan just freaked out at that notion. Sounds like the girls are good pouncers.

One thing does bother me with the kittens. They are getting aware of the differences between Tindra and I. I was hoping that we would be separated by now. I'll have to talk to Jerrick. Maybe Fadia and Rith, too. It's past time I do something about it. Give Tindra her life back completely.

• Entry 133

Jenni and Jonni. Wow.

I missed Fight Night. I came in just as it was wrapping up. Oh well. Happily, Rith was there and so we got to spend some time together.

I do worry that Tindra and I haven't split apart. Andu hasn't been around much and Jerrick and I have been so focused on the kittens. That's life I suppose. Rith might be able to help, but the ways she knows of that would accomplish the task have one problem… getting a body. It's either, move one of us into a free body, or have one of us become truly reborn. A druid's reincarnation rite would ask the powers of nature to fashion a new body instead. Maybe Fadia could help instead if Andu's not available?

Rith got mushy again, about how much she cares for me. It's a mutual feeling, us being sisters. Somebody asked earlier today if we were twins. Perhaps we aren't really, but it often feels like we are. She does worry that Tindra doesn't like her though. I know Tindra doesn't feel the same kinship, and I didn't expect her to. But I don't think it's as bad as Rith worries.

_No, I don't dislike her. She's a decent person and has helped you a lot, Lorelai. She's treated me with kindness. However, she has a habit of letting her stubbornness get the better of her and she seems really blind to that until it's too late. She can overreact at the slightest thing sometimes too.

We'll be friends… but probably not more than that._

• Entry 132
    _There were some rumors floating about that Jenni had recently rented a room at the Grapevine Inn. That caught the interest of both Lorelai and I. We both decided we should try to see if it was so. I didn't find them at the inn, but later when I was talking to Fadia by the south gate (which was missing again), I spied a woman with a little boy passing by. I instantly recognized them, especially when they started to play a game of tag.

Jenni and Jonni. And I do mean the Jonni. He looked just as he did when he was a little boy, when Katya was alive. He may have looked like a kid, but it was apparent after talking with the both of them that Jonni's memories are quite intact. If I were to guess, I'd say this was Reincarnation magic at work.

Fadia and I spent a while talking to them. Jenni was hoping to meet with Jonathan. It seems that she felt her wards on the old tree that she lived in were broken. Which probably means something was taken out that should really be left alone. Fadia and I warned the two about recent events with the Hoarans. They still want to talk to Jonathan (all things considered, so would I if I was them), but at least they don't walk in blindly.

There was a woman taking notes of our conversation (it's not like it was a secret meeting). I didn't recognize the woman, but Fadia seemed to. She said something about expecting to hear about a report up north after the woman left. I'm kind of curious who the woman is to be so interested in the chat with Jenni and Jonni._