Bad to the bone.

• So i have a concept for a charecter who is evil to his core. However I'm torn on which (of the two I want) evil deity best is aligned with this type of charecter.

I guess I could best compare the concept to a Sith Lord. Cold, calculating, but not above doing the dirty work himself, in fact he likes doing the dirty work such as killing people. He enjoys also causing much political strife wherever he can, creating divides, and causing chaos when blame wont come back to him.

Originally I was thinking he should follow Cyric, but I'm now on the fence about Bane instead. I know Bane has a following in Narfell, does Cyric?

Also feel free to add your own thoughts.

• Worship Ferdinand Locke 🙂

• Bane is a little "too close and personal" or "in your face" to get away with much for long.

I recommend Gargauth.

@de51b90750=Forgotten:

Gargauth, or The Lord Who Watches, is the lawful evil demigod of betrayal, cruelty, political corruption and powerbrokers. He embodies the inevitable decay and corruption that accompanies all self-serving, greedy, and power-hungry leaders and groups. Gargauth holds to the letter of any agreement, not the spirit, and relishes betraying anyone with whom he forges a pact by twisting the contract to serve his own ends.

• In my opinion, sounds a lot like Bane. Cold, Calculating, Political Strife. Perfectly fits a Banite, in fact. His Domains are Death, Destruction, Strife, Hatred, Fear and Tyranny.

Cyric may seem like it works as well, due to not being above doing the dirty work or killing people. Cyricists however are usually seen as not being very cold or calculating due to their chaotic alignment.

Bane does have a following in Narfell, or there was at least. Last I knew it had unfortunately gone a little dead, but that being said, I haven't played in quite awhile so I could be very wrong. Now the Cyricists, I have only known one, maybe two followers of Cyric (PCs) on Narfell. The one I can think of had a last name of Meier or something close to that. Quite a scary fellow actually. If there is a following somewhere, it is VERY seclusive and kudos to them.

Also, thought I would note this as I found it interesting when you mentioned the Sith Lord concept: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Bane

• Actually got pointed to this website by Mhilan (Rasuil)

http://davidcwood.com/adnd/campaign/bloodstone/ilmater.php

scroll down some and you find some interesting sects of the Ilmatari faith:

_# Flagellants believe that Ilmater is best communed with when one is suffering. They whip themselves and each other willingly to gain a closer understanding of their god. They exhort people to suffer for their sins and for the world to be saved from evil. They still heal, treat and care for others but make no attempt to alleviate pain. In fact, their cures tend to be very painful (but effective). Flagellants still use the bloodied rack as a symbol.

Scourgers are a deluded bunch of Ilmatari worshippers who do not receive spells from Ilmater. They wish to extend suffering, martyrdom, and perseverance to others as well as themselves. It is thought that evil gods provide spells to Scourgers to undermine Ilmater. They are rare due to the extreme hostility they face from true Ilmatari, nobles and people mistreated by them.

#Angels of Ilmater – This is a corrupted, mercy-killing version of the Ilmatari church developed by Erskine Fincher. Without being aware of it, this faction is, in fact, cut off from Ilmater and secretly receives its spells from Cyric._

Could be an interesting evil type who doesnt know he is evil or does not think himself evil though his actions would be abhorrent to most. A Flagellant or and Angel of Ilmater would be interesting to see played

• Sounds like Elidur being normal. :twisted:

• Shar. 😉

• Despite Bane and Cyric having opposing viewpoints and hating the crap out of each other, with followers murdering each other. Followers actually switch between them with greater ease than most, seeing as how when Bane was dead most the followers converted to Cyric.

The Baneites have been making attempts to be more secritive since Zanetar got captured. I don't know of any Cyrycists, but one of his domains is Trickery so hiding your faith would be expected. Cyric generally isn't to cold and calculating.

• There are very few cyrists about?

Bane is the obvious choice and there are a number of banite pcs kicking about 🙂

shar is an intresting one, yet maybe not fit the likes doing the dirty work

Mask would be a good choice to. stays in the shadows, as you said, "cold and calculating" :twisted: aswell as a chance to get some intresting RP in oscura, as i think hephep has taken over the chucrch of mask down there, so perhaps an oppertunity to get him involved there?