Questions from someone who should know the answers to these

• So I was wondering… What does it take to get a major alignment change, like say from NG to LG (which in my opinion is a fairly drastic change in how a character thinks)

I ask as my main character has been through quite alot in her life, and as such believe that recently she would have been drifting towards lawful rather than natural. As she is growing as a character I believe the experiences she has had in life would have a lot to do with this change.

Does one need to

A)Contact a DM? (I’m assuming this is yes)
    B)What kind of supporting material would one need to make a case?
    C)How long does one have to wait for the alignment change? Until the end of the characters story?

I know I’m being quite vague, but I’d like to keep the reasons and who (of my many characters) privet for now. I just need to know who I can contact about this, and more details about what I need, can be provided.

Thanks!

(PS> Also I PMed Kuk about getting a charecter restore, is he still around / the one to ask?)

• Whenever a DM gives out alignment points, he gets everyone to drop party. That way, not only do you not know who got what, but it can't affect others when you get points.

• That was an issue before when we used an alignment wand to do the changes (before BioWare added it to the radial menu). I'm not sure if the "Give Alignment" options in the radial menu do that also.

• I don't know about Narfell and DM changes, but, on other servers, you also need to be mindful of party transferance of alignment.

I have seen it before where party member #1 gets 10 points in a direction, and everyone else gets 2 or 5 points because they are in the party together.

"Suchandso's actions have shifted your alignment 5 points toward…."

• Yes, contacting a DM is a good idea to begin with.

Second, when your PC does something (particularly in a DM event) that shows a commitment to the new alignment over the old, make a note of it, and let the DM for the event know after the event that you're trying to shift alignments, and what actions during the event you think may have merited alignment points. The DM may agree. The reason I say "after the event" is that during an event, the DM probably has too much going on to address it at the time.

It may also be possible to get alignment shifts when a your PC is not in an event. Example: I once had a LG PC who was in a group with an evil PC who died - we found out he was evil when a good NPC cleric wouldn't raise him for that reason. Another PC took the body (alone) to be raised in Oscura. My PC ran across the lone PC in the pass, rescued her from the hobgoblins that would have killed her, tried to talk her out of raising the dead PC, and eventually left the discussion with the sentiment that if she raised him, any future evil he did would be on her head. As she was walking off, my PC was attacked by more hobgoblins, and the other PC walked off, leaving him to fight them alone. A DM was watching the exchange. My PC got Lawful points, and the other PC got Evil points.

All that said, I will note that an alignment shift towards lawful is probably the hardest to get.

• ive asked a simerler change in the past..

advice i was given was that

1. If it is an ooc change, contact SDM, and if its a fair change due to a mistake etc may get changed instantly

2. In events ask for the appropiate points etc, alignment points are not always given out, tho if a request is sent to said dm its more than likely youll recive some 🙂

3. Keep a log of all the things your charecter has done which would show a shift in alignment, small things in RP, to life changing decisions for them. then keep updateing this till it is big enough for dms to shift your chars alignment.