Design-A-Challenge competition

• Please remember: I am not looking for full quests for this competition, and not very big encounters either. Please take a look at the example at my second post. 🙂

Invested some skillpoints to persuade, but never get to use it?
    Do you feel your points in Animal Empathy should be used also for something else than dominating furry friends to attack hideous monsters?
    Do you smack your forehead with your hand multiple times per week frustrated that as there is no "meatshield" available, you can only sit on place and chat about weather?

If you answered yes to any of those questions and/or wish to win fabulous prizes, we have just right competition for you to participate.

I am looking for ideas for automated challenges, that cannot be solved by mere muscle, but would give advantage for our less frontliner sort and skill based characters.

Challenges can exist either indoor or outdoor, it may include creatures (even custom ones) as well as combination of traps. It can be a puzzle, or single special trap, or whatever comes into your mind. It doesn't have to be big, actually small ones are mostly preferred.

Each challenge idea will be evaluated by the following criteria.
    _1. How original the idea is

2. How replayable it is (we do have some randomness or variation into success as well)

3. How well it is described (if your challenge is hard to describe and you're skilled with toolset, you can also make an example of it)

4. How well it takes into account some skills or class skills that are rarely used in game when no DM is around.

5. Bonus points are given if the challenge will take advantage of skillsets of multiple different PCs in the party._

.. and in the end, all the points from all the challenges send by single person will be counted together when winners are calculated.

Send your challenges to noronen.heikkipekka@gmail.com
    Also remember to include your forum account name in the mail so I can catch you later on.

The following prizes will be poured over the winners.

1st place
    2000 1st edition XP
    4 point item in the enchantment system
    2 free reskins

2nd place
    1000 1st edition XP
    2 point item in the enchantment system
    1 free reskin

3rd place
    500 1st edition XP
    1 point item in the enchantment system
    1 free reskin

– and all of your possible questions can be PMed to me.

• And the winners are..

1st place - Orlak
    2000 1st edition XP
    4 point item in the enchantment system
    2 free reskins

2nd place - RYM
    1000 1st edition XP
    2 point item in the enchantment system
    1 free reskin

3rd place - MexicanCookie
    500 1st edition XP
    1 point item in the enchantment system
    1 free reskin

Thanks for all who participated, there was quite a huge bunch of good suggestions.

• Heads up! The competition will end in a week.

Time to get decently greedy and send in suggestions of challenges that would make your own character(s) shine!

• especially looking more challenges for druids and bards, but that does NOT mean that I wouldn't love to have all that I can get for other classes as well -

• And as I got few PMs to more detail what kind of formatting should be used, if toolset skills are required and so on, I'll post here one idea I already received. May it serve as an good example.

@c6002b4649=:

– Get the key --

Place: Large room

Traps: Some traps on the floor (DC 20-25 so even level 1 chars can do it with take 20). Setting off the trap should (I don’t know game mechanics if it does) end a characters Sneak mode so the undead will spot him if he should fail…

Items:

• A chest that is locked (possibly also trapped). Contains a key to some door elsewhere and possibly some cheap loot… Possible trap could be that the door closes shut and locks (DC 20 to open). Alternate exit could be made (secret door that is not locked?).

- Statues (statues could have some cheap gems that only a skilled character could get. Maybe if it could be made that a successful disable device or some graft check (since graft is not used as such I doubt its possible but maybe disable device) is needed to get them? (Should be fairly cheap gems to prevent people getting rich off them)

Creatures: Undead that are resilient to damage (DR 5 or more), Perhaps something that is slow like zombies but maybe with a lowish spot/listen so sneakers can get to the chest unseen with a bit more ease. Any other creatures with lowish spot/listen works equally well if needed (and depending whether it suites the dungeon where the room is).

This is quite a size of the challenges I am looking for, so no big quests or so, small "room sized" or simple individual challenges. Actually even that "Statues" part of this example would've qualified as one idea by itself.