The Private Journal of a One-Eyed Priestess

• This is the private journal of Buurbag Skullix, Priestess of Gruumsh, and Iron Chain Clan Shaman. This elf skin bound book she keeps hidden, where only she knows of its location. Inside, every page is watermarked with a symbol of an unblinking eye, the symbol of Gruumsh. The pages that she had wrote on are done so in the orcish script.

Page 1 - Entry 1
    I have been on this caravan for months now and these drunken humans are beyond getting on my nerves. All they do is laugh and drink. I can't even hear myself think! I need time to pray, but with their constant cackling I can't concentrate. By Gruumsh I can't even concentrate on writing! Something must be done!

Page 1 - Entry 2
    I actually got to pray last night, the first in quite some time. I asked Gruumsh to aid me and to shut the humans up and he provided. He provided me with the way to silence the pests. Now maybe I can get a good night's sleep.

Page 1 - Entry 3
    Alas the peaceful silence was short lived and now broken and the fools are back at it! I can't take it anymore! The road is still ten-days away from being anywhere near its end. I can't take it anymore!

Page 1 - Entry 4
    Norwick is still three days east on foot. At least that's what the last caravan guard said just before I ran him through with my spear. Praise Gruumsh, everyone is dead! Foolish were they to think that I would actually help them when the goblins attacked! They should have known better than to trust an orc! Now the fools are dead! I got what I wanted from them and now they paid the price, in full! Now I am on my way to show the Narfellians what true power looks like. I will show them the power of the orc! I will show them the power of Gruumsh!

Page 2
    The goblins took me to an orcish village near Jiyyd. It seems that the goblin and orc tribes have some sort of treaty that allows them to pass freely between the two tribes' lands. The leader of the goblin raiding party is the only one allowed to speak to the chieftain. Orc warriors gather around me screaming obsenities all the while. Try as they must to get me to show fear, a weakness amongst our race, I must remain strong and fearless! The goblins have long since cowered, but I will not!
    The tribe's High Shaman comes out to see what all the fuss is about. He looks me over with scrutiny. Suddenly, he grabs me by the arm with an iron grip that I could not have pulled away from even if I tried. Next, he dragged a rough, however sharp, blade across my wrist spilling a good amount of my precious life blood to the ground, all the while chanting a divination. Then, he releases me and squats over the bloodstained dirt for several minutes. He looks up to me then to the others and declares me of pure heart. "She holds the eye within her heart" he says. He continues now staring into my eyes with a look of disgust upon his wretched face, "But her blood betrays her heart! She is not of pure blood!" Again the orcs surround me hooting and hollering like crazed lunatics, thirsty for blood. I had not noticed their chieftain had come out until the crowd before me split into like a gaping axe wound. He stepped up before me and announced to all of those gathered, "Because you hold the eye within your heart, you may leave freely. However, because you are not of pure blood you may never return under penalty of death!" The howls began once again at the chieftain's declaration and he walked away. I must admit that I was relieved at that moment but no one there knew that, for if they had then I would be surely dead. I left the village without incident, but before I left I talked to the leader of the goblin raiding party that brought me here. He told me that the hamlet, Jiyyd, is not far to the north.
    Perhaps it is here that I will carve my way through the caves of life.

Page 3 - Entry 1
    Today I came across the Iron Chain Clan. They are a tribe made up of mostly half-breeds, like myself. I have only met three of these halfers: Arak'Hur, their chieftain; Araganor, the enforcer; and Garig, a shaman. They wanted to see whether or not I deaerved to live, so they took me into the cave in Jiyyd. There they made me kill the rats and bats that inhabited the dank cave. I did, but not without injuries. Arak'Hur declared me weak and the others agreed. I would have probably been alright had I not asked "He Who Watches" to heal my wounds, which did just that. At that point the trio declared me unworthy to speak of "He Who Never Sleeps" and sentenced me to fifty lashes of Araganor's whip. I willfully accepted the lashes without so much as a wimper. Laying there, bleedin profusely, I proclaimed my worthyness, drew my ceremonial dagger, and plucked my own left eye from its socket. Once again I declared my worthyness to three slack-jawed, awe-struck, halfers that looked as if they had just seen Gruumsh himself. Upon regaining his composer, Arak'Hur pronounced me clan shaman and the clan accepted me as one of their own.

Page 3 - Entry 2
    Rudishnak, a female Runeclaw, and I have become close. We compliment each other's skills both on and off the battlefield. I think that I can trust her now that I am High Shaman. It is good for all of the females of the clan with me as High Shaman. We can now earn respect amongst the dominate males.
    Speaking of males, there are some fine specimens here.
    Araganor is very handsome, but I'm afraid any offspring with him may prove weak and have to be put to the spear.
    Now Brick, on the other hand, could provide strong children, but his heart is as tainted as his orcish blood. Perhaps if I can convince him to see the error of his ways, then and only then could we be together. I do have feelings for him and he has for me, but, as of now, we just can not be together.

Page 4 - Entry 1
    Oh! How I want to put that waste of perfectly good orc blood, Brick, to the spear! The nerve he has to openly accept the healing powers of Gruumsh only to mock me and my god! I'll show him! I have declared him traitor to Gruumsh and the orcish race, as well as enemy of the Iron Chain Clan! Brick will not live to regret the day he mocked me, much less the "One-Eyed God"!

Page 4 - Entry 2
    By Gruumsh, what an orc! The Battle Priest of Garagos, Glunk, is one of the finest orcs that I ever came across. He's handsome and strong in mind, spirit, and body. Oh, what a body! This one could provide me with strong offspring. It excites me to even think of him. To see him makes me want to pounce upon him like a great cat, ripping the clothes from his muscular body and enjoying every moment of pleasure. Gruumsh why do you punish me so?

Page 4 - Entry 3
    I finally worked up the courage to approach Glunk and alert him to my feelings. Fortunately, it payed off. Come to find out, he too had been admiring me from afar. There, in the old temple, we confessed our love for one another, under the watchful eye of Gruumsh, and sealed our vows to one another. It was exactly as I imagined! Animal instincts took over and it was wonderful. Never had I felt so much like a woman as I do with Glunk, my husband.

Page 5 - Entry 1
    How dare that fat bastard challenge me as High Shaman! Grak, that coward, knows that I am with child and can not fight! I hate that I had to decline his challenge, therefore giving up my station as High Shaman, but I can not risk any harm coming to Glunk and I's first born. Damn that Grak!

Page 5 - Entry 2
    It's just as I feared. With Grak as high shaman the other females and I have lost the respect that I fought so hard to achieve. The males are back to kicking us around as if we were dogs! I must do something about Grak, but I am too weak. My recent journey to the plane of Fugue did not help matters any. The journey back to the matierial plane was a costly one. Perhaps, the price was too high. Perhaps, I should have went on to Nishrek, the after-home of the orc.

Page 5 - Entry 3
    Guurag, our son, is growing strong just like his father. It makes me proud to my husband and his son together. I always knew that Glunk would make a fine father. Now that I am expecting another child, I look forward to the days when we are together as a family.

Page 5 - Entry 4
    I received dire news today, Glunk, my soulmate, the father of my children, is dead. It seems that he was struck down by the vile fish-folk, the Kou-Toa. Why has Gruumsh forsaken me so. One of the three people I cherish most in my life are gone, whaile one still waits its chance at a deserving life. Why couldn't he, at the very least, had been given the chance to see his second child? I don't know if I can go on without him. I love you Glunk.

Page 6 - Entry 1
    I have exiled myself and the children from the rest of the clan. Guurag is looking more and more like his father everyday. Vluung, bless his heart, favors myself more. Both are going to do fine within the clan, however there is something that I can do to ensure a grand future for the both of them.

Page 6 - Entry 2
    Guurag has gone to take his warrior trials. I know that his father would be proud if he were here with us.

Page 6 - Entry 3
    Yes! Guurag passed his trials and is now a warrior of the clan! I am so proud of him.

Page 6 - Entry 4
    Damnit to the nine hells! In my exile I missed that Arak'Hur and Rudishnak had been joined in marriage. How foolish was I to lay claim to him in the name of the "One-Eyed God"? And why did I lay with him? I couldn't blame Rudishnak for hating me now. After all, I did betray our friendship.

Page 7 - Entry 1
    I have come up with a way to finally rid myself of Grak once and for all. I met a druid who has much hatred for the self-centered high shaman. I know that I may have tarnished the truth a bit, but if it takes care of a problem then so be it. What do I care? I must tell Rudishnak and Zorg. They will be happy to hear what I have planned.

• Praise Gruumsh!!

I went with a group into the Goblin Hold. We all fought hard and well until the group got split up. I fought as hard as I could when the sneak got me in the back. I may not have fell had the other 2, that were there, had fought instead of hiding like cowards. Gruumsh had other plans though. He saw me fighting strong like a true Orc and when I did fall, he picked me up and healed me. At that moment I knew he was watching me. ME! Of all the orcs in all the lands, He Who Watches was indeed watching me. From that moment on, I fought more ferociously than I could have imagined. The enemies before me fled for their lives and those foolish enough to stand and fight were put to the spear!

The rest of the page is filled with mundane entries of little interest to the reader.

More people are hanging out at the Banshee. I like it there. They have good wine. Some surfacers came in and one been in a group I was in on an adventure once. A female elfblood. I know she was because I could smell her elf stink from across the table. We talked and she showed interest in my wares. An elf from the bar said something. I don't know what really, I don't listen to them much. The female bought a bag from me. The elf said something else and I pulled my hair from over my scar. He didn't seem to mind but, the female jumped up from the table and ran out as if she were running for her life. Before long, the elf also left.

Later, Mister Kama introduced me to Mister Samos. The three of us went to the Crematorium and killed some undead lizard creature things. We fought well for a long time. Then we ran into his thing that would cast spells at us. Not being all that prepared really hurt us as we had no clue what to expect. Needless to say we nearly got killed by the undead caster creature thing. We fought our way back out and decided to regroup and reflect on what we learned. When we go back, we will be better prepared.

• After numerous entries of mundane activity the following may catch the reader's attention.

Went to the lizard people's cave in the swamps with a human male named Del and an elf female named Verika. The three of us fought hard and fought well.

I did not trust them enough to reveal that I am a shaman, even though I have seen them around Oscura. I do not believe them to be blooded. They now know that I am a shaman. It was necessary to reveal that truth in order for us to survive.

I am glad Gruumsh saw my plan when I saved Del and Verika's lives. I was sure he would deny me the healing needed to save their lives. They owe me their lives and Gruumsh their souls. I am sure I can speak for both of us when I say, we gladly accept.

• Page 9 - Entry 3

Some time has passed since I last ventured out to the surface. A lot has changed over the years.

• Page 9 - Entry 2
    _Gruumsh is angry with me. I should have known better than to fight along side of the elves like that. I'm sure that the bugbear that felled me was directed by the hand of Gruumsh himself. I will know better next time. I'll have to stay on guard, I'm sure the elves will be after me now. This could prove to be a blessing.

Thank Gruumsh for my fellow Oscurans! Word has it that Drelan Ashire went to great lengths to ensure my return to the land of the living. I will have to complete a few projects soon, so that I may repay him. At that time I will speak with him and see what lengths he truly went._

• Page 8 - Entry 3
    It has been some time since the males left out on their venture to points unknown. I don't expect them to return. Gruumsh be with them all.

Page 8 - Entry 4
    The time of waiting for the males' return is over. I am back to where I began, alone in a hostile land. I must do what must be done and venture out, once again, to find my way in the land of Narfell.

Page 8 - Entry 5
    It feels good to be back in Oscura. The people here are a bit more accepting towards me than those on the surface. I know it's because I took the blood oath however, it still feels good.
    I have been keeping myself busy in my tanning. I have alot of nice things. Now, if I can sell some stuff, things will be great!

Page 8 - Entry 6
    It's good to get back to my true purpose in life. I met a couple of halfers that seemed rather eager to hear the word of Gruumsh. One of them, Soma, works for a human woman. She likes my leather goods but seems to be short on coin. She seems to be a resourceful sort. She'll have the coin soon enough. In that I am confident.

Page 9 - Entry 1
    Soma is a good strong orc. His skills need work but, he has potential. I have taken him under my wing and begun teaching him the ways of the orc. He will be my Enforcer.
    Mystical, Soma's employer, likes my leather goods indeed. She has purchased some of my best wares. I am glad to see her as I know there will soon be coin to be made.

• Page 8 - Entry 1
    Today was the Oscuran Masked Ball. The food and wine was good. However, the entertainment was lacking. Humans have no taste in music. Now the auction, on the other hand, had some nice items up for sale. Twas a shame that I gave all that gold to the clan. It would have helped in getting the items that I wanted. I'll know better next time.

Page 8 - Entry2
    I ran into some of the other clan mambers at the Peltarch docks. Grak was saying something about going after treasure. I went along to see, if perhaps, his time has come. It took sometime for the boat to arrive at our destination, but once we got there time seemed to pass quickly.
    We had a couple of tough fights and I ended up getting sick, exhausting spells, too weakened to fight, and returning to the ship. I slept the whole trip back and when I awoke, we were back at the cave and none of the group were anywhere to be seen. I'm feeling much better now. I'm going to go see what's going on in Oscura.

• Page 7 - Entry 5
    I've been staying around Oscura alot more lately. I have been talking to Oscuran Nobles about the possibilities of building a temple dedicated to Gruumsh. I need to try, once again, to convince Arak and the others to move to Oscura. Doubtful.

Page 7 - Entry 6
    A grunt interrupts my crafting telling me that Arak'Hur and Grak have many hides for me to work with. He tells me how Grak brags that the clan will have alot of new stuff. I go and see what they have, and wouldn't you know it, nothing but dark hides! Useless without larger hides or some other component. I fear that Grak's stupidity is rubbing off on the others, by Gruumsh I pray that I am wrong.

• Page 7 - Entry 4
    I finally decided to go and see what Fight Night was all about. Sadly, I missed the whole thing. It wasn't a complete waste of time, though.
    I met a halfling named Marty and she is a member of a group called "The Sisterhood". She asked me, of all people in the realm, to join them. It seems that they are for the empowerment of females of all races. Pretty much what I tried to do for my clanswomen when I was high shaman. This could prove beneficial, not only to myself but, all females of the Iron Chain. I wonder if I should tell anyone that I accepted Sister Marty's invitation. Just think, it all started over a red and black dress.

• Page 7 - Entry 2

Guurag, my eldest son, has returned to the city of his birth, Oscura. I am glad to have him close once again. We talked for some time and I enjoyed every moment. I do hope to spend more time with my children in the future.

Page 7 - Entry 3

General Grag, according to Guurag, is one of the strongest orcs in the land. Nothing attracts me, to an orc, more than strength and power! Even though he is a traitor, of his blood, there may be hope.