Introduction and feedback

• Hi everyone !

I thought it might be time for me to introduce myself, as I have intended to do for weeks now but always prefered to jump IG… Since I especially like what I find on this server, I guess I'm here to stay 🙂

I've played PnP D&D quite a lot with friends, and I still DM when we get a chance to meet, but since I can't see them during the week I've tried to find a good RP experience on computer games. Painful experience, until I met with NWN2. It wasn't that great, and servers were still like newborn worlds, but it was at least close to what I was looking for.
    After I toured the french servers (yeah, I'm french), I ended up trying for english ones hoping to find better (and especially more populated) places to RP. That's where one of the people I was playing with expressed how NWN1 was better than NWN2 in that regard. Curious and hopeful, I tried it and had to admit, it's definately more adapted to good old roleplay !

I had been given a few server names, and Narfell was ontop of the list, but to be honest I had a hard time fitting in with the character I had created back then. I tried a few other servers which mostly kept me amused for a time, but would quickly become same-y. I even switched back to NWN2 for a time.

Getting closer to the point...

Eventually I thought, what became of all those NWN1 servers I visited ? Maybe they've gone better. Well, most didn't, clearly. The same players had stayed, with their old habits and an endless bunch of "lonely and mysterious, silent adventurers". Nice, but not exactly fun to play with (actually hard to even interract with). If I wanted to adventure by myself, I wouldn't play on multiplayer servers.
    Aaaand I gave Narfell another try, and was astonished. Honest. Where other servers had faltered, this one had improved much. Well, maybe I hadn't seen all its good points the first time, but both are good 🙂

I was welcome warmly and many helped me a lot, I hardly met anyone who wasn't nice and open. The setting looks great, and most importantly, every character has an almost touchable background, even though they don't expose it. It's there, you can actually feel it. The place and the people there are actually alive, and this is what the other lacked.

What I'm trying to say is, congrats guys, what you've made of this place is golden !

• Hello and welcome! I don't believe I've had the pleasure of tormenting you IG yet, but do not fear, your time will come. If you ever have any questions/issues and I'm IG, feel free to ping me and I'll see what I can do to help. See ya IG! 🙂

Oh yes…welcome to the cult :twisted:

• ICC

Hey there buddy! 👋

If its RP you´r looking for, you´v found it mate!
    Feel free to send a PM or Tell to any of our PG/PL (Player Guides and Player Lead) and we´ll get to you asap. 😄
    Also, if you wish you can also post an "Hello" post in the forums, the place is "New Adventurers Inn" people love to read those posts and its a great way to let your self be known by all the player base 😄
    Also, you can write a background story about your character for that xtra XP boost 😛

See you In Game mate 👋

By the way….. Welcome to hotel Narfell.... :twisted: