Animal Companions

• Someone new recently asked me about the animal companions, so I am posting the levels required for each here, for easy access.

The left number is for druids, while the right number is for rangers, marked with the letters D and R. These two classes have different level requirements for the companions.

Badger 1D - 6R
    Hawk 1D - 6R
    Wolf 1D - 6R
    Boar 3D - 6R
    Panther 3D - 6R
    Spider 4D - 8R
    Bear 6D - 12R
    Dire Wolf 6D - 12R
    Dire Rat 3D - 6R

If you attempt to select a creature who's required level is higher than your own, you will get a message that you cannot control the creature and it will be immediately unsummoned. In the event that you lose a level, you may be unable to summon your companion because of this.

All characters with animal companions should keep them on a leash. All animal companions at the current time will lethally PK other players. It is not suggested they are used in PvP.

• Legion

@0b19d43234=Fraoch:

Dire Rat MAY be:

3D - 6R
    4D - 8R

If someone could test either of those that would be lovely. Easily accomplished with a DM leveling up then down a test character made for the purpose.

I can confirm that a Lvl 6 ranger can take a dire rat as a companion.

• Dire Rat MAY be:

3D - 6R
    4D - 8R

If someone could test either of those that would be lovely. Easily accomplished with a DM leveling up then down a test character made for the purpose.

• For reference:

http://wiki.narfell-nwn.com/Companions_-_Animal

Also, does anyone have an official statement when the rat becomes available?