Seriously? That ain't cool.

• Ahh, I suppose I shall begin with my very first memory/experience in Narfell. I was brought here by a regular, and schooled on some in's and out's IRL. Life was dangerous, patience is a virtue. Sure, whatever.

I busted through the creation menu with a shiny new barbarian. The toughest class, and a perfect scout character, I figured this would be the best way to get to know the lands. He came from the north so I chose Peltarch as my home, grabbed some gear and headed towards the 'spire.
    I popped a few kobolds and came to a cliff where I stopped to take in the view..before long a large man approached and engaged me in light conversation. We spoke for a bit and I felt a tug at my pack…I looked around..hmm, my gear must have shifted inside. More questions from the traveler, another tug at my pack. I spun around and found a little man eagerly trying to get his digits onto my belongings. A ruse, and an old one at that, damn. Outnumbered and inexperienced, I bolted...no way I'm getting robbed blind on my first time out. We met again a few minutes later, I accused him and his buddy of skulduggery. Accusations flew, denials were thrown about wildly...another tug. Again, I ran. The large man attempted something on me (a grapple I think) but I did not understand the manual dice roll system...a DM was called to enforce/ensure accurate rp. The ruling went in my favor... 4-5 consecutive pick-pocket attempts on a new blood was too much, I was free to go. I headed for the safety of stone walls...but...with so many names around, how would I remember this travesty? I opened the player list and set the man to hostile..'Ahh, that should do'...completely oblivious as to what I had just done.

I strolled about the city, taking note of various booths and shops..licking the wounds I received from some quick and dirty kobolds, and getting familiarized with the Laws of Pelt. A man approached with speed. The same man. His pace never slowed as he headed straight for the commons...straight to where I stood, watching. In a strange and unexpected flash of events (thanks to my previous 'hostile' mistake) he lunged forward in a mighty front snap kick. My char, already badly wounded from the kobolds could not withstand his fury. I collapsed..dead. I was mortified. Not more than 2 min ago I had read the laws here, pretty sure murder was high on the list of no-no's. The man shrieked and took off (sending me a very apologetic pm, and quickly logging off). It was a mistake...and it was truly MY mistake. If I had not set him to hostile, it never would have happened. A DM was upon me in seconds. In shock and rage they demanded answers...I explained the situation and took full responsibility, requesting no punishment to the murderous swine (lol)...it was a harsh lesson learned, and the DM agreed, granting me a precious 'true' res. I spoke to a few about the event through pm's and hearty laughs...the most common response being to the effect of 'hope it doesn't sour the game for you'. I laughed and responded. "Are you kidding me? I have been playing for 2 hours and I have already been murdered in cold blood in the commons of Peltarch, the most lawful city around. This game friggin' rocks, can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!"

And so began my 9 month stay in Narfell, and my ultimately unsuccessful quest for a C-token.... More to come in the future.

• heh heh… awesome read. I never remember details finely enough to recall these things... thumbs up....good fun!