And a hearty well met to ye all!

• Well, I do love this massive meeting hall you have here with all these missives and announcements and letters and tales tacked to the walls. Some most eloquent, I should add. I shall post my own here, if it doesn't run afoul of any rules.

But, oh my, where do I begin? Well, I suppose I should begin with my name, lest you all be forced to call me "girl", or "motormouth". And I shouldn't have anyone to blame for that by myself, oh I should say I shouldn't.

Paprika Riverweed in your service.

What a whirlwind three days! No sooner was I arrived in Norwick than I met the imposing Mr. Mugwort. Aside from a brief moment when I felt he may attack, kill, stew and eat me after I questioned him on his racial heritage, he was quite helpful in introducing me to the fine sport of killing large insects. A Mr. Gerald was with us as well, though he seemed too intent on suffering injuries from the marauding insects to engage too much in conversation.

And then, while composing a ditty for Mr. Mugwort I met a self-proclaimed mercenary by the name of Vic. He assisted me a good bit well in learning the lay of this new land.

Oh and right there in Norwick, I met Miss Eli the scout and several others. All quite kind except for one bruiser who shoved me out of his way and then called me a "welp" when I dared voice complaint. Yes, aside from him (I've quite forgotten his name, perhaps due to emotional trauma.) there was much kindness and helpfulness all around.

I checked at the tavern there but they were not hiring at the moment. I tell tales you see, in a song and dance sort of way. So, I journeyed north to Plutarch. I don't think that's the proper name but I've forgotten. It's the large port city. Besides, when I was reading their posting of laws, I found it quite excessive that they should fine or imprison you for mispronouncing the city name! Well, my mistress who sent me to Narfell has warned me to obey local laws and customs so I shall certainly have a care whilst saying the city name within the city but when I am outside, I shall let my umbrage be known.

Anywho, in this port city I met the most delightful group of wee folk. I shouldn't call them such, nay I shouldn't. They refer to themselves as "right-sized". And a more gracious lot I cannot imagine. And, again since my homeland is naught but humans and the occasional elf such as myself, I was unaware that they were gnomes and, given Mr. Mugwort's disposition after broaching the subject with him, well you can imagine my trepidation!

But I met the well read, most scholarly Caramella who was not only gracious in explaining all things gnomish to me but quite proud!. I also met a gentleman who seemed to have some relation with her, by the name of Perri. Perri-something, I think, but I only remember Miss Caramella referring to him as Perri and he himself could not answer as he fell right off the park bench, face down in the dirt and did not stir thereafter! I was most concerned, as you may well imagine, but Miss Caramella assured me that he was fine. And I am certainly not one to argue with a scholar, oh I should say not!

Also there was a Mr. Ludo Lightswell. He claimed to be a lord or great man of some renown or some such and, once he saw I was chronicling all that I observed he insisted that I center my tales on him! Well, I dutifully included him in my chronicles whilst he was present, as he may well have been of some importance and I shouldn't anger the man whether he were or weren't.

Oh and I witnessed the most delightful romance between, and forgive me if I do not get these names correctly as we were not properly introduced, Carick and Amaena. Oh my how they draped upon each other and exchanged such pleasantries as you may ever dare to see in a public venue.

At this time we discovered that there was to be a festival in Spring Valley. Well this was my second eve with very little sleep but how could I do my duty and chronicle the lands of Narfell for my mistress and not attend a festival?

And what a grand festival it was! The sights and sounds and smells (I shall get to Lady Scuttlestone's delicacies in a moment.) were quite overwhelming! I had some trouble getting there, I did!

Miss Caramella I'm sure would have been gracious enough to allow me to accompany her from Plutarch but she had mentioned the riverboat and the only riverboat I had seen thus far charged 50 gold to ride it! Well, I was a bit ashamed to let my poverty be known so I made excuses and decided to find my own way. I knew it to be southwest of Norwick so I trotted off on my own, with my trusty staff in hand. I do not fear nor hesitate to bash a foul miscreant about the skull if they attempt evil on me!

Well, I took a wrong path at some point and ended up in some woods. Oh, the grass was quite high, up to my waist and I could not see the foul little creatures waiting there until I was almost upon them. They came after me on sight with such a terrible racket, and yelling in their primitive gibberish, it nearly caused me to faint on the spot! Quite forgetting my quarterstaff skills I immediately took off in a dead sprint. The high grass was most inhospitable, snagging my fur armor and wool cloak at every step.

Well, to keep a short story from becoming long, I got away though they seemed to be waiting for me around each bend, and got back to Norwick's south gate. There I spotted three great ladies all properly and handsomely attired in cloaks of green. I overheard them deciding to go to the festival so I followed behind at a discrete distance. I didn't want them to think I imposing or trying to eavesdrop on their talk.

The festival, as I said, was joyous in every aspect. There were contests and activities galore! I met Miss Marie Scuttlestone who made the most delicious pastries and pies and drinks. I partook of far too much of these I'm afraid.

I also met so many interesting people, including a man named Alexi. He was very polite and proper and even offered me gainful employment. I certainly need that, I should say I do. But sir Alexi's manner was most unsettling in the way he insisted on going off just he, I and a lady named Julinda, and then whispering all the time.

Well I have tentatively agreed to accept his employment after I study his contract but, being a bit uncomfortable with all the slinking and whispering, I quietly pulled Lady Scuttlestone aside and questioned her about Alexi. She vouched for him so my mind is at least a bit more at ease.

I do have a question for you fine folks. I have been told it would be a good thing to post my biography to date in this place. Should I place it on this wall here or a different one?

I thank you in advance for your kind responses and do hope I have not prattled on too much. Several times since my arrival in Narfell (and before, in other lands, to be honest) I have been told that I am somewhat talkative. Why Miss Eli told me no less than three times during our conversation that I talk a bit much.

I assured her that I would try to monitor this, but I just don't see it.

Do you?

• Realy enjoyable…Keep it up.

• I thank ye, kind person! That was the information I needed.

And I should say I should always speak in character, if my character be good. I've heard to be in character in season and out of season… though I'm not sure that applies.

But, if my character prove faulty, no matter the subject, do point it out please as I should be wise to listen to such constructive advice.

Well, I shall hasten to the halls you have mentioned and post my information there. If I can remember where I placed those tacks...

• Exceptional writing and welcome to Narfell. 🙂

You don't have to post in character if you don't want to, but that was a fun read.

You can post character descriptions and background information in the forums under "Roleplayer's Haven." You can even get experience for posting a good background story for your character in "Historical Archives" I believe.