Return of spirit - Frudoc sorn

• “_But how could it be? I do not understand_“, Frudoc said with a sad voice. Theaon replied calm fully, “_It is not to us to understand everything, but look at your own story, it is very likely_”.
    No, no, it cannot be, why would the Provider sent me back and keep my father! Knights far better than me have died to her cause, why did she not send them back. Frudoc shouted with a tear in his eyes.
    Frudoc, calm down, Yondalla makes her choices and has her will, maybe she has a plan for you and then again, we don’t even know if she has anything to do with it.
    Theaon walked slowly towards Frudoc and places his hand on his shoulder. Now let us see if we can find that equipment of your anywhere, where did you wake up again?
    Frudoc stared at the ground, then reply with a sad low voice, I already searched Jiyyd and the valley… even the place from the dream, Rawlins wood… there’s no place left to search

Frudoc wanted to be alone, wanted to think about, wanted a nice and quiet place in the valley. In the valley that should not be much of a problem, unless a festival is going on, the entire valley is peaceful.
    Frudoc sat halfway the hill, from that point he had a great view over the entire valley. All he saw was the peaceful valley, but his head, it was far from peaceful. All kind of questions were following him even in this place, where he supposed to be happy.
    He tried fighting the thoughts with others thoughts, tried ignoring them, but there was a part of him that didn’t allow him to do so.
    Them all he could do is give in to the thoughts and go over them once more.
    Alright, I woke up in Jiyyd… naked… everything gone, everything, from a stone in my pockets to the armor I was wearing. All that I had left was this dream, this dream about Norwick…
    It was a cold night, nothing special for Norwick. It was quiet that night only one lady sitting at the fire, a human lady, she was very kind. After a short talk she said something about goblin, seeing what they were up too and it was true, with the attacks on Norwick, it was wise to see if they were planning an attack…and they did. Just a little into the woods soldiers were to attack, followed by lots of rockslingers. I had never seen so many of them in those parts of the wood. Before we knew it we were surround by goblins, I couldn’t run…yet, there was the lady who needed to get out. Wait, there was a human male too, an archer… yes, where did he go? Mhmm… even the dream is blurry for me now, maybe like Theaon said, it is not a dream and did I die there… but if so, how would I be here today…

Frudoc slowly came to peace with his thoughts and could finally let them go for a moment, then he nodded off and fell asleep.

Frudoc, my son, you have to stay at the valley, it is your place.
    Father… is that you? Father…where? How did you survive?
    Quiet my son, just do your duty and it will all become clear to you, reasons will show themselves in time.
    Reasons for my return? You mean I did die? But how did I…
    I see you have still got that curious lightfoot spirit of your mother, it is good to see that, but Frudoc, I think it is time for you to wake up, the sun is raising again…

Frudoc instantly awake and jumped to his feet searching the area with his eyes. Father…? Frudoc realized he was not there, it was a dream, he could not doubt it, that dream was send by his father, in name of Yondalla, there was no other way.
    He was sure he had to pick up his life again, going to start by getting himself his equipment back.

• Frudoc looks to the ground and starts to think about what happened
    _That hin, what did the defiler do to her? And how? Who could ever torture such innocence and life with himself? She was twisted, maybe even some kind of evil, but still innocent, everyone could see that. That defiler is like Ginger said pure evil, no other possibility.
    But more important is how to cure her, every thing to get Yondalla to help her seemed only hurt her more. Just her symbol was enough to scare her, maybe the defiler twisted nature…
    That he twisted nature is sure… but that he can change the mother of people… I didn’t think he could or that it was even possible. If he can do that I am sure Yondalla could reverse whatever he has done. Yondalla is the mother of our kind and she will not let a defiler change that. I don’t know how far the power of the defiler goes, but the power of Yondalla is bigger, I am sure of that……..

Maybe Theaon can help, few are able to call Yondalla's power like he can_

Frudoc stands up and walks towards to board of the valley to write down the problem. Frudoc’s eyes fall on a post of Theaon:
    @a8cb858935=Theaon:

Frudoc Sorn,
    When you get the chance, come see Councillor Theaon Thorn, I have something that belongs to you.

signed
    Theaon Thorn, Councillor of Faith of the Silver Valley

could he have found my dagger? What else could he give to me? It has to be my dagger or maybe better Zak’s dagger. I have to find him
    Before Frudoc places anything on the board he runs out of the valley, through Jiyyd looking for Theaon

• Frudoc looks proud at his new sword ”It was very well possible, a sword as good as my old one” sheaths his masterwork short sword and looks around.
    It’s a crowded evening in Norwick, but no familiar faces for Frudoc. He goes towards to the fire, there it is even more crowded than it usually is. Frudoc takes a good look around ”mhmm quite a few fellow hin I have never seen before” he thinks. Frudocs walk to the nearest hins to introduce himself, but then Ginger calls him.
    “Heya, Frudoc, good to see you again”
    Frudoc turns his head “oh, hi, Ginger” Still with his head half focused on the other 2 hin, he hears them saying something about being a ghostwise.
    Frudoc turns his head fully towards Ginger “Is that family of you?”
    “I have family here, yes, but…”
    The other 2 hin came towards Ginger and Frudoc and interrupt one short hooded female inrupts Ginger’s words “hello, that hin there might need some help, she seems… lost, at least I am sure she needs help” and she points to a hin near the portal.
    Frudoc notices that 1 of the 2 hin that walked towards him was Gears and the other… from the voice he heard it must have been the ghostwise hin. Then Frudoc turns his head towards the hin close to the portal. As soon as Frudoc looks at her, his feelings of care for other hin take over, it was not love, it was kind of feeling why he was a knight of Yondalla and likely the reason why his father was. Frudoc didn’t hear anything from the conversation between Ginger, Gears and the other ghostwise woman, he is only with his thoughts.

“What happened to her? Who could done something like it? She looks like pure innocence, but you can see she has been tortured mentally at least, but her skin… it’s all grey, how…? Wait… it’s her skin, it’s some kind of dust, I think.”

“Frudoc? Are you coming along? We are going to help her” Frudoc snaps back to reality when he hears Ginger calling his name.
    “Oh, yes, of course, we have to help her” The group of 4 hin walks towards the tortured hin. They try to talk to her, but others are already talking to her, making it very hard to get contact with her.
    But what does she does now? She… she casts spell on the portal activating it. Undead walk out of the portal and everyone takes out his weapons to defend them selves. With much trouble the crowd deals with the undead, but where did the hin go?
    Zy caught her and makes sure she doesn’t run away. Frudoc walks to her, but that right moment she runs away. Everyone near chases her, but they are no match for her magical speed and other spells that make her hard to follow.

Frudoc regroups with Ginger, Gears and the ghostwise woman. As good as instantly they all decide to search for her, except for the ghostwise woman who needed to find rest in the wood.
    The angry mob from the fire joins up with the 3 hin.
    “Ginger, we shouldn’t let them go with us, they will kill her” Frudoc replied pretty angry in hin on the arrival of the mob. “Zy will not do it and lots of others won’t , else we will stop them” Ginger replied a lot more relaxed in hin.
    Gears finished the discussion “if they would find her before us we could not even do a thing and that’s not a risks we should take, or would you say we should?”
    Frudoc still wasn’t happy, but he knew they were right somewhere.

As soon as the search ends up in the crypt that leads to Arnath most decide to turn back, out of fear or lost their hope of finding her. The 3 hin decide to look abit futher and yes… there she was. Behind a big door she walks around like nothing happened. “hello there, are you alright” The hin looked up “hello there, yes, why do you ask?”

• _mhmm… It’s a start, a short sword and a dagger, both sharp and clean. But both not close of what I used to have. Hopefully in time I will be able to get equipment of the same quality.

Who am I fooling? That short sword will be enough to get back itself, but that dagger, it is irreplaceable. Zak gave it to me, thought I was worthy for it…. And I, I lost it. I searched every goblin body I could find, but no dagger…
    The goblin king likely has it or maybe even that defiler… it was such a rare dagger, iron and crafted with the utmost care. I would be a great treasure for everyone, so anyone who would find it will likely keep it …_

Frudoc opens his eyes again, stretches himself and slowly gets up. Looks at the three under which he sat, then looks back at the valley. It makes him feel happy again and it proud to be allowed to defend it.
    Takes a deep breath filling his longs with the fresh air and walks towards the gate of the valley. Walks trough Jiyyd, which seems to very quiet this morning. Frudoc unsheathes his sword and dagger, nods to the Jiyyd guard and walks through the gate.

Frudoc looks up the clear sky, not a single could or a bit of mist on the road to the Nars. Behind some trees Frudoc hears a beast… a monster likely, he carefully sneaks a little further to get a good look at it and yes, it’s a hobgoblin… like he expected. But somehow this time the hobgoblin didn’t triggered his hatred like in normally did. Somehow he was more at peace with it. Of course he still realized it was an enemy a dangerous one, but the hatred for destroying his past seemed to be gone or… less at least.

Frudoc walks on towards the Nars.
    "Hello there" Frudoc greets a passing fellow hin.
    "Hello, where are you going sir?" The hin replies "Towards Norwick, just hoping to find some interesting people " Frudoc explains. The hin makes his answer quick "to Norwick you say? Don’t like the place myself too much"
    "But why not? Have they shown disrespect to you sir" Frudoc turns more serious
    "All the rules, they don’t even let my Peter in" A hawk comes flying towards the hin and lands on his shoulder. "Peter even helped defending the poor little town a few times" .
    Frudoc getting more and more interested changes subject all of the sudden "by the way, I’m Frudoc Sorn, knight of Yondalla."
    The other hin raises his eyebrows with an impressed expression on his "knight of Yondalla you say, pleased to meet you and honored to meet a knight of her, myself I am Meram, I am a member of the Halfling defense league."
    Frudoc looks surprised "You are? Well, so am I, pleased to meet a fellow defender" …
    "ohh… if you come across a good horn blade or dagger could keep it for me, could do something if return if you want" Meram looked at frudoc’s belt with it’s weapons sheath to it "I’ll keep any worthy dagger I find, but that short sword, you don’t want a better for that one?"
    "yes, yes with horn blade I meant a short sword, it’s what my father used to call, keep forgetting it’s not the word that’s used in these lands"
    Meram takes a look at the sun "why don’t we get you a good short sword right now, I got enough time, how about you?"