Whispers at the Fire

• Upon seeing the oxcart entering town, one of the guards follows Ezachiel long enough to see that he entered the Boarshead. A quick, quiet examination of his cart takes palce, some notes are jotted down, and the guard heads off to the barracks.

A short while later he returns and speak to several other guards with "official orders from the Commander." They speak in hushed tones while gesturing to the cart and head back to their respective posts.

• It would appear that Norwick has a new resident…earlier today, Ezachiel entered Norwick from the north, followed by an ox-drawn cart filled with his belongings, and rented a room in the Boarshead for multiple months, after obtaining his citizen papers.

• Despite the new Kelemvorite guards at the graveyard, Ezachiel continues to make his cleaning trips.
    //I'm at about 15 I think, kinda lost count//

He now appears to be gone a bit longer, as if he is clearing an extra level, but still emerges without so much as a scratch, even though those who follow right after him will find all the undead destroyed.

• A tired Calendel has been seen frequently visiting Lillie at the Boarshead ordering the occassional glass of wine and complaining about the recent goblin attacks at the South Gates and the extra work it has caused him recently. "The supplies are running low but I have no way to free myself long enough to make the long trek to Jiyyd to replenish the stock! Hopefully the goblins hold off their attacks or the Chancellor is able to bring a few back with him on one of his political visits!" Cal is overheard saying.

//ooc - Calendel will try to be around Norwick a little more often during Kia's romp.//

• _Boarshead regulars have noticed recently that Lillie seems to have obtained a few extra shifts and can be seen serving patrons much more frequently than before.

During one of these extended shifts, the local healer Kia from Friar Fred's stopped in and was overheard gushing to Lillie about a kind, brave man named Elyl. It seems she had hoped to visit him at the Gypsy Camp, but hasn't been able to find the time because of her work at Fred's.

Later that night, the Chancellor was seen talking with Lillie over a bottle of wine at the end of her shift, the conversation going until the wee hours when most of the regulars had even left.

Rumors the following day begin to circulate about Kia being granted a tenday off from work, with one Calendel being put on double shifts to cover her time._

• _Stories are told of strange beasts lurking in the caves around Norwick. Tremors have been felt now and again lately… about the same time the creatures appeared.

Whispers here and there of creatures with many eyes scouring the walls of the caves can be heard now and again along with talk that these creatures seem to hurry away and disappear down a whole if they are provoked... odd indeed._

• A few guards in the Boarshead are heard talking out loud over a few ales

Was the oddest thin, jus doin a patrol ov'r near the graveyard when cuple them bonies came at us so we started fighting them and backing away knowing them jus gonna get up anyhow. Ye know what? them stayed down.
    Darndest thin I ever saw. Dunno what's going on in the graveyard but sumthin changed.

((I didn't realize the unkillable undead were causing headaches, they are now killable….............for now))

• _Recent talk in the Boarshead has centered around a tense meeting between Chancellor Lucidious and Seth. Some regulars indicate that, according to the barmaid Lillie, some serious discussion took place in the Chancellor's private room, and the tension in the air was almost palpable. The meeting was apparently cut short when Maythor interrupted to report that a hin had been arrested in town. On his way out of the room, the Chancellor was heard to say, "You have your choice to make now."

A day or two later, around the time of the incident between Lucidious and Zyphlin, the Chancellor was seen gambling with his sister Ann, Thorn, Maythor and a few others. After getting good and drunk, he managed his way into the Boarshead, where some say he watched Lillie covetously as she served a few patrons at the bar before stumbling to his office where he stayed until the next morning._

• _Rumors begin to circulate in the Boarshead about an apparently unprovoked attack perpetrated by the Chancellor against an official of Peltarch within Norwick walls.

It is said that Lucidious struck one Zyphlin Re'cual to the ground with a blow to his chest after Zyphlin returned from a walk in the Rawlins and was marveling at its many splendors.

Some of the patrons wonder what has gotten into the Chancellor. Others just shrug off the tale and go back to their beverages._

• Some of Z's new neighbors from the north stop by, on a routine hike from the Dwarven Hold.

_Dwin is with them, he points at Z and mumbles something in Dwarven. They all bow their heads respectfully and continue on the hike.

The next day, several Rothe-drawn carts show up in Z's new yaerd filled with well-hewn building blocks of good building stone. A note, written hastily says "from your friends in the Hold, use it well.

The dwarves begin unleading the blocks and helping Z with whatever masonry needs he might have._

• @5bb705758d=Speedy_Z_:

Over the past few weeks, Z has been spotted clearing a small plot of land, just north of town…

Upon completion of the clearing phase, Z digs a well and then begins construction of a simple, but well crafted, farm house.

Those who pass by, see that he works throughout the day and is often working alone. Occasionally, however, small groups of his crafter and non-crafter friends are seen helping him.

The farm house is beginning to take shape… 😄

///Z will be working on this for a while. Shoot me a tell if you see me IG and want to RP helping him build his farm, getting supplies (lowbie quests), etc.

Z

• _A new face has been seen waiting tables at the Boarshead in recent days. Of course, to many who have lived in the lands over the last twenty some years, the face is hardly new, as this woman looks almost exactly like the Chancellor's former advisor Penny, except without the prismatic scales adorning her face.

On her first night working, a child enters the Boarshead looking for Lucidious, bearing a sealed note and a bottle of wine. The new barmaid accepts both items and tips the child, before taking them into the Chancellor's private room. Those sitting nearby report that the Chancellor did a double-take on seeing the woman, and then eventually invited her in with an eager smile, offering her a seat as he opened the letter.

Some time later, she reemerged from the room and returned to her duties, carrying a pair of goblets and an empty wine bottle with her._

• almost an hour later when the door opens both dwin and lucid seem to be in good spirits and an empty bottle of wine sits on the table before the chancellor. The elf goes back to his ledgers still chuckling at whatever they were talking about as dwin returns to his duties at the barracks.

• Dwin enters the Boarshead, nods at Barle who tosses him an apple, and heads into the new "Lucid" room, quietly shutting the door.

• _The next morning, the chancellor arrives at the boarshead to inspect the newly renovated private room on the first floor. He talks with the innkeep about rent before returning to the great hall.

Since then, the chancellor seems to have taken up his old habit of reviewing his ledgers at the boarshead in the evenings over a bottle of wine. For the first few days the pattern is the same, stopping first to speak with the bartender of recent news, paying for a bottle of something red, then working in the private room for a few hours with the door ajar… enough so that those in the common room can see he is working, but can still enter and speak with the chancellor if they wish._

• Rumor spreads that Penny Lane has resigned her post as an employee of Norwick and an advisor to the Chancellor, at least temporarily. She apparently handed over her badge to an agitated looking Lucidious in a quiet display near the north gate.

• Corran frowns at that "No, the goblins have definitely been summoning undead and demons recently entirely on their own."

• When he hears of the rumours that this creature was created or summoned by goblins, Ezachiel remarks that, as far as he can tell, the goblins merely supplied the manual labour, while the actual magic work was done by more powerful creatures. Drow, orcs, who knows?

• Calendel sits by the fire with locals and adventurers around him answering questions about the recent happenings in the Rawlingswood…

@791f744e2a:

What's that? No no, it is suspected that a Goblin Shaman summoned the Demon from the depths of hell. A Zombie Demon is what is was! William and I stumbled upon it after being told by some new adventurers whom where hunting in the woods that they saw a big winged demon! We quickly went to investigate.

Huh? Oh no, Will didn't exactly hold it off on his own smirks slightly. Together him and I with a few adventurers behind us such as Thorn Drumheller attacked it as best we could. We nearly had both it and the Goblin Shaman fallen before it suddenly charged at the young adventurers behind us Calendel exclaimed with his eyes wide and a look of fear on his face. Will chased the Shaman trying to finish it off while I ran at the demon from behind. I caught up to it, and tried to turn it, forcing it to retreat and leave the weaker fighters alone. Unfortunately, I got to close and thats when it's massive blade struck out and hit me! Calendel shivers slighly as if he was suddenly struck by the blade as he sat telling the story The pain I felt was something I had never felt before… burning... searing flames ravaged through my body. Stumbling back I turned and tried to run only to hear the swooping wind and raging flames as the blade once again was swung at me. That's the last I remember prior to awaking in the Friars! a sad look crosses his face, his eyes closing briefly before reopening as he goes on with his story

Huh? Oh yes, word has it that Will fell next. Not long after me. He heard my screams and turned on the demon himself. He faught bravely with it from what I've been told nearly killing it! Suddenly that pesky Shaman was back and hit him hard from behind with lightening Calendel exclaims as the children around him jump slightly from their still silence. I could just imagine what that must have done to the nearly victorious Will... apparently it shocked him just enough to allow the demon beast to swing it's might sword... leaving Will with the same last moments as I... burning... searing pain....

Uh huh... Serenity and Jeremy Steel fell as well... holds his head in his hands, his face looking tortured as he tries to recall the details of the day.

Aye, it was a sad day for Norwick. Thanks the the greatness of Del the cleric and his faith we were all recovered from the afterlife... Bless Chauntea for sparing me and allowing my return. I recommend all stay clear from the East Rawlingswood for the time being. There's no knowing for sure if other Shaman's are running around with the power to summon such creatures from the Underworld.... Calendel wraps his healers robe around him and slumbers off back towards the Friars

• _After being raised and gathering his equipment, Jeremy was seen storming out of the southern gate.

He later arrived with the demons head in his hand. Calendel asked for the head, believing it had an evil taint, but Jeremy did not surrender it until Seth spoke about a painting. Jeremy then happily dropped the head at Calendel's feet, leaving a mess, then walking off with Seth & Serenity._