Whispers at the Fire

• As soon as the rumours of strange lights, a very much dead looking charred corpse and the cryptic message it comes along with, a silver haired one eyed swordsman could be seen inquiring the locals of Norwick regarding of the rumour and whom he ought to speak with to learn more of it.

• _There have been unsubstantiated reports of "floating lights" traversing the Nars Pass in the dead of night.

It is rumored that earlier in the morning some travellers had come across a charred corpse in the pass. There is also mention of some note stuck to the corpse, about "heretics" and "new dawn"…_

• A contingent of the towns militia including Guards and Scouts, as well as a few of their close friends were seen coming in to town in good spirits aftere dealing a devastating blow to the goblins within the hold, they mention that while they did destroy overwhelming numbers of Goblins and Umberhulks, that they decided to make a tactical retreat after discovering unusual numbers of Bugbears in the caves, they say they will be making another strike at the hold another day for certain.

• A burning figure was seen atop the ridge by the upper gate at teh south wall. The tales say the indisctinct figure stood among its flames and cursed the goblins then dissapeared without a trace.

• Dwin asks around to see who the fark this general of the bruised army is and why the fark he's wagerin on Dwin's soil.

• Rumor has it that the reason behind the goblin invasion has been discovered. According to a very fallible source, all evidence points to a wager between a certain general of a certain "Bruised Army" and the general of the goblins. Needless to say, the victor was unable to successfully collect his prize and was instead massacred. When later asked about this, the afore mentioned fallible source replied with a very affirming "When did I say that?"

• Though the drums of war rolled through the air and rumbled the ground, several citizens watched as defenders from the Legion, Crimson Knights, Divine Shield, and several other notable individuals fended off an army of goblins at the south gate. Runners had been dispatched by the Chancellor just in time to see the various persons arrive to ward off the threat. No fatalities were reported, yet hours were spent afterwards burning the bodies of the would-be conquerors.
    Word has also spread that some of the defenders, led by General Lyte, had been seen heading into the wilderness to track down and investigate the source of the army and the reason for its attack.

• The stench has lifted from the jails in norwick. Rumor has it the gnome woman being held there simply turned to dust in her cell several days ago.

• Word spreads of a fire in the area just east of the Lake at the south gates. There were words of flame blazened into stone warning all of the coming of the marked one. (Only burnt grass can be found if the area is searched)

Word spreads of demons wrting blazing messages across the sky . Warnings of dire doom. (Its a rumor, no one knows where it may have started)

• The chancellor, a bit surprised by the unexpected visit, welcomes fadia to the hall and shows her to his office. Shortly after a runner is sent to fetch a case of wine…it seems he's anticipating a long meeting with the druid.

• The Halfling Defence League

Given the general reception around town that word of the Defiler's return seems to bring reaches her ears, Fadia waltzes into town, smirking, and heads straight for the chancellor's office

• Dwin, who rarely startles, takes a quick step back. Whether its from the sudden odor or the surprise at seeing Moe twice in a month, its hard to tell…

Well, it aint exactly the answer I was lookin fer..but it'll do.

• orc man wanders over randomly and answers dwin's question

"oooo ooo, I know this one….hmmm...mmm....ya call em ugly then toss em over the wall, or do ya call em a thief then toss em over the wall...."

looks in to the distance a glazed expression on his face...drool begining to dribble from the corner of his mouth

• hearing just the last part of the speech, Dwin wanders over grinning.

Whaddya call an attractive, smart hin-lass?

• _Foilir listens to the tale as he has the guards gather and re-tell it. Once the tale is done, he looks at them all then laughs a long loud belly laugh slapping his hand on his leg repeatedly.

He even spills some ale from his bottle. Finally gathering himself he wipes away some tears as he composes himself.

He gathers himself and adjusts his armor and cloak. Then he looks at them all and asks, rhetorically:

"Alright…which un of yeh is deh bard? It a grand tale... Truely wunderful... But yeh know me nae goin teh allow a bard teh weave rumors anna tales in deh ranks."

Still smiling but his eyes slowly narrowing as he looks at each one a bit more closely:

"Dat was yeh warnin.. If yeh like yeh job anna yeh pay, yeh best stop wit rumors anna bardic fairy tales.. Yeh nae in deh business of entertainin children anna semi intelligent folk wit yeh bardic fairy tales.."

Holds out his staff which seems to dry the wet Norwick ground and singe the soaked grass:

"Now sumun better tell me a joke anna make me smile afore me assign yeh all names of Sally, Besseh anna Sue anna place cowbells around yeh necks, so me cen hear stupid comin at me afore me sees it."

With that he leans on his staff waiting for a good joke.*_

• Rumors among the guards of Norwick that the shadowy figures that keep attacking are searching for a mark, and that the mark has something to do with the defiler, and that either the dark enchantress or Star may bear that mark, certain members of the guard have decided that either of the two must be found and questioned.

• The saurial paladin Steelfin has become a common sight in the city of Norwick, Rumors suggest he is trying to keep people out of the southern woods for the time being.

• hearing the rumor, the chancellor goes to inspect the remains and makes note of the burn marks, then heads to the barracks.

• Rumors spread about a guard at the south gate of Norwick giving chase to a shadowy figure. The gaurd was last seen moving south around the western edge of the lake after yelling back to his fellow guards for help. A scream was heard shortly after. The only thing recovered was the guards shield, sword, and what appears to be the burned remains of a cloak.

• posters go up around norwick

Clan fight night in Norwick! ( Sunday, dec 10 @ 9pm-ish est )

Teams will compete in two competitions: Boxing and an “anything goes” match.
    ( feats and gloves will be allowed in the boxing match )
    The entry fee for a team is 200 gold and covers the cost of both matches.
    Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams in both events.

Archery will take place before the clan fights.
    The grand prize: a masterworks longbow donated by Foilir on behalf of the crafters union