Whispers at the Fire

• Rumors spread quickly of a large group, consisting of adventurers from Norwick, and even a few friendly neighborhood Oscurans, was seen heading out by Old Lem, heading eastward towards the ruins of Jiyyd. After quite some time, the group returned, almost completely intact, but with tales of a cyricist cult, fighting off giant spider demons, enormous earth elementals, and even a very large black dragon.

• ((OOC note: I can sympathize with the fact that PC militia have been lazy to enforce this law. On the otherhand, there are plenty of NPC militia at the gates who WOULD. So the fact that it's not been enforced doesn't hold a lot of weight with me, since it's ignoring NPC guards.))

• _The poor monk Hahn is heard saying that the laws of Norwick are enforced on the whim of the enoforcer and not consistent at all. Where the druid Horlamin was confronted and chased out of town, other shapeshifted druids were allowed to walk freely and not harrassed by the chancellor or his corrupt militia.

He is seen with Horlamin discussing other similar issues concerning the dwarf chancellor outside the South Gate later._

• ((That's pretty funny! I thought the stag was actually a nice decision… Invoking a certain emotion of "peace" or something 🙂 ))

• //Truth be known Hor was meant to turn into a hawk and fly away, but my wildshape slots are broken so I had to go with it 😉

• Word has it that when word reaches Dwin about the coward-stag's side of the story, he snort-chuckles and invites the white-deer and its dog mate back with open arms.

"…if that antlered-fool thinks I fear him, then I invite him back in anytime to settle the score like men, not deer, dogs, or whatever other vermin-shape he feels more comfortable in! Just beware that my men are always hungry, and venison steaks are highly prized in these parts..."

• The side of Horlamin about the events in Norwick are of a quite different colour south of it in the Rawlins. Horlamin happily boasts that Dwin had to call his guards as soon as someone stepped up to his meagre authority, and that an entire "warband" of men had to be posted just to keep him out… not that he cared about going back in.

• During another competitive, exciting and fun Norwick Fight Night, the Chancellor was seen "having words" with a traveller who refused to remove his wolf-beast from the fairgrounds. At a certain point the traveller himself turned into some kind of beast and snarled at the Chancellor, baring his teeth in a threat.

When the Chancellor answered this shape shifter's drool with the gleam of his favored axe, Steelcutter, the panting traveller changed into a fleet-footed white stag and pranced away, fleeing as fast as he could with his wolf-beast in tow.

After the festivities, Chancellor Dolvak was seen having some friendly words with Tindra–assumedly about this mis-behavior of one of the druids.

• The morning after Aramuil's party, Militiaman Davos is seen strutting out of the Grapevine Inn with a smug look on his face. Rumour has it that he exited the housewarming party early, reeking of alcohol. One thing is for sure: the morning has brought a spring to the surly guardsman's step.

• ICC

_Early one morning, the Exiled Elf Brendel strides into town. Over one shoulder is slumped the body of some adventurer.

When asked he explains he found the poor souls remains while on patrol in the ruins. He stays in town long enough to make sure the body gets a proper burial, then leaves once more._

• ICC

The very quiet and shy Elf lass Rynn came SCREAMING into town late one night. It seems she ran into a snarling Werewolf outside the gates. Tales say she spent the next few nights hiding in the Temple.

• There are mentions of two incidents involving "living dolls", apparently made of wood, but bearing eerie resemblance to normal children, at the south gates. They accost certain people, and seem to be equally dangerous after being struck down as doing mischief while alive.

• The wandering archer known as Aurelia, has been seen roaming about the Norwick area. She seems to have returned to the region after almost thirty years of travels. Being unfamiliar with any changes in the local politics or demographics she seems to be content in staying on well traveled roads and keeping to civilized areas while she regains her bearings.

• Apparently there are now two Adriells roaming around south of Norwick. Both have been found curled up in the ugly Troff Legions arms, one at a time or together. Lucky bastard.

• rumor has it that quite the confrontation happened south of Norwick. Involving accusations against the druid Jerrick about a murder of a lady's husband by his hand. It is also said that the lady was met with great hostility from the majority of those present that is said to be quite large in number, to the point of willing to slay her where she stood even when she was alone.

• ICC

Brendel, having come back South for a "short breather from all the fun". Heard of the excitement involving Eli, and spent a quiet moment sending a prayer to Illmater; and Wish of luck out into the night for her.

• @defd4c14e9=KT:

A blonde elf commonly known as Eli was seen being yelled at by the Militia Colonel, then being taken to the barracks.

A few hours later, shouted protests and screams from the elf could be heard from inside the barracks not to have stopped for at least half an hour.

Albryanna was seen taking both Eli and Thorn to the barracks. Neither have stepped out since, not even after the Eli protests had died down.

• A blonde elf commonly known as Eli was seen being yelled at by the Militia Colonel, then being taken to the barracks.

A few hours later, shouted protests and screams from the elf could be heard from inside the barracks not to have stopped for at least half an hour.

• A new face has been seen about Norwick the last tenday, mostly around the fire making small talk, during the evenings he ravenous attempts at whooing the farmers daughters do not go un-noticed. Its said that the man is a fine duelist, who has travelled far to reach these parts. With his large feathered hat he is hard to miss, and often seems in a cheery mood.

• Legion

Benji spreads word that some 'vampire guy' named 'Harry' had word for some folks about how he won't be bothering Norwick anymore … or something.

Benji shows anyone who asks a note he wrote at Harry's request.

@62f58cb6d8:

To those I met at the gate,

Thanks to Thorn and Noah I will not visit my hunger upon your villagers in the night.

Hugs and Kisses,

Harvey