Whispers at the Fire

• Yngdír tries to quiet the hostilities by the fire, by validating everyone's points all at once, without intentionally harming anyone's reputation.

"Let us have peace at the fire. Contemplate the presented opinions, but do not dictate your beliefs on others. These people have every right and reason to not join our pilgrimage. No-one will think less of you or of them for not taking part. I would go alone, if I arrived at the Shrine way-point to meet nobody else. I refuse to believe that I am the only one who feels this way, it is for that reason that this display of honour has been accepted across the region.

I also understand that it is not tactically sound to illuminate such a crowd in a hostile area. And I am sure there are many others who feel the same way - but the flames of hope should not be stolen away by the comfort of dawn and day. We will take a light to the darkness, and may our lights burn long after we have all safely returned from the town. That is my hope."

His words are spoken as though he has spent some time meditating on the outcome, as someone who has accepted all factors of what is to become. He leaves no doubt that he would actually go alone if no-one else chose to come.

• In further conversations (it seems there are many) Dwin cautions against the use of candles, especially at night.

All good soldiers know the danger of carryin' a torch in dangerous areas… tis why prisoners are usually put at the front of the lines carryin' light sources... might as well wear a farkin' bullseye. I'm hopin this trip is during the daylight hours fer these obvious reasons.

The more he hears about this trip, the less excite he is about the idea. He's seen speaking to his senior Militia advisers about increasing the gate-guards during the time of this candle-lighting folly.

• Foilir looks around *

<d>Don't you have an Elf that you should be saluting? You are a disgrace to dwarven kind by entertaining that thought, much less willingly doing it..

• He spits on the ground *

<d>You are unworthy of the beard you wear.

• Motions to the Grak *

Apparently me compliment has set off a set of prejudices.. Me apologize for exposing you to this poor representation of dwarven kind..</d></d>

• As Foilir and Grak converse a familiar waddle may catch their eyes followed by the sound of metal hitting metal filling the air as Telli clangs her gauntlets together in a unified clap.

"Yay…Telli finally done its....finally foundededs da two most perfects persons in da realm. One who yap likededs dis can clearly have no wrongs or skeletons in der closests....and der for neva know what it mean ta be wrongs and ta right whats dey messededs ups."

The clanging continues more forcefully as the light plays across the surface of her dragon scaled gauntlet.

"Telli bows ta yuhs superior morals and conducts...."

Telli mock bows and stays at the lowered position a moment before rising with a flat look on her face, slumps her shoulders and thrusts her stomach out a bit as she gives each of the men a middle fingered salute.

"Go backs ta yer squakings girls... somes folks gots tings ta do…"

*Telli waddles off laughing as she looks for Dwin about setting up a vigile in Norwick for those whom are unable to make the dangerous trek but still would like to honor those lost in the N'jast war.

• ICC

@b7e126e68b=KingCreeper:

..He is talkative about the subject, and explains that the candles will all be lit and left burning where the pilgrims leave them.

Upon hearing that phase, Grak lets out another laugh and comments "will dem Legion villains also force dem whelps ta dig their own graves before killing starts, eh? Har har haar! Grak also wonder dat will dem villain legion unleash yet more demons during this trip of yars, since dat bes best of dat folk lately. Unless claiming und fortifying sum patch of land nae counts"
    looks for foilir for another fiery ale-spill

• _Yngdír who has barely left Norwick since the attacks increased is normally the first one to agree that there is danger at the outskirts of Jiyyd, and that there is a possibility that something unexpected will happen. He expresses that he is hopeful that nothing will prevent the Legion and whomever should wish to join the pilgrimage from honouring the fallen.

He is talkative about the subject, and explains that the candles will all be lit and left burning where the pilgrims leave them. To symbolize that the hope of libiration from the demons still shines brightly - to honour the spirits, and to show that they are still remembered.

He also openly agrees with Dwin, stating that perhaps the day of the pilgrimage should be marked as a faire day - to rejoyce those that survived Jiyyd - a day for the children and refugees, and other well-wishers to remember the events by. For whatever reason, Yngdír seems to want to raise the hope for Jiyyd and for her displaced people._

• While riding the franchise, the Chancellor speaks to several of the farmers and "new folk" as they are still sometimes called by the realm residents that have been here for generations.

_You folks want to go up to the Demon lands to honor yer ancestors, I ain't gonna stop you. Tis yer right.

I do wonder, though, what yer ancestors would say… would they be proud that you are honoring them? Or would they smack ya fer puttin' yerselves in danger?

The Heyokarr have interesting ceremonies honoring their dead; for they have no higher honor than that of their fallen warriors.. their fallen kin. I'd be happy to invite them here, to the Realm, where its safe for a ceremony to honor yer ancestors. At one time I was close to the Featherlights and actually took place in some of their ceremonies.

When it comes to honorin' fallen kin, they know what they are doin._

• Foilir spits his dark ale into the fire creating some carnivalesque fire breathing display at the laughter and words of the halfer.

Quickly he puts out the mini 'bush fires' that have started in his beard from the combustion of the aerosolized ale.

Looking at the ale and the fire he seems to have gotten some sort of idea regarding a defense weapon, but shakes his head to look at the halfer. *

Interestin….nae juss because its a display of independent thought.... but thought...

• Raising his ale he nods approvingly at the half orc *

• ICC

@820e4df43f=Lagermane:

_Many of the Jiyyd-folk who have settled in Norwick take to the idea, and begin making arrangements.

Others beg off…_

Grak laughs out his amusement at campfire
    "seeing them farmhands packing fer dis trip truly bes testimony of deir simplyness. Dem farmers bes siding wit dem same bunch who actually wer direktly responsible fer conjuring dem demons dere in da first place! It wuz bys dem very legion itself!!
    Appparently them legion wus nots satisfied fer their carnage, as they bes rounding up them survivors fer anooder trip"

• _Many of the Jiyyd-folk who have settled in Norwick take to the idea, and begin making arrangements.

Others beg off, citing either a reluctance to dredge up the memory of their loss, age or infirmity, or simply concern over travelling so close to what is still held to be a dangerous place._

• *General Lyte is rumored to be inviting anyone with interest of a peaceful, reverential trip to pay respects to the fallen of Jiyyd,

Combat will hopefully be avoided, and people are asked to bring a candle to light in memory of the brave townsfolk who fell in the terrible war that destroyed the peaceful farming village, and also for those who lost all property and belongings in this dreadful time.

Word has it people are asked to meet near the Kelemvorite Temple for the trek.*

//Thurs night, 11pm east coast USA time.

• DArius is seen taking a watch at the south gate every two nights or so,he stops at the inn first makes a small donation in exchange for hot tea to fill up his canteen then heads sout in silence,avoiding to disturb any gathered at the fire.

• Blond and pretty, Anor is seen guarding at nights by the southern gate. She stands on the top of the archery target. Some nights, people may here howls of wolves, others, roars of tigers, and sometimes the night is damn still

• Maya is seen outside the inn, packing her large horse for an extended trip. After an hour or so, she departs through the north gate.

She does not return.

• @1fc5000f0d=its_a_fire:

Danika can be seen sitting near the crates outside the Union hall holding a water stained sign that reads Donations for Peltarch's hungry. Any hungry or homeless Norwickian who asks is allowed to take from the donations. Any and all harassment is met with silence and a scrunched up face.

Upon returning from a successful hunt, Z is observed donating a large quantity of fresh meat.

• _After what Yngdír considers the longest battle for the gates in this war, he sets about offering his help to the wounded - applying bandages and more traditional, natural remedies - even instructing people to keep an eye on their wounds and to clean even the smallest cuts to prevent infection.

He also takes on the grim task, offering his help to sort and bury the dead - before resuming his unofficial post at the gates._

• Danika can be seen sitting near the crates outside the Union hall holding a water stained sign that reads Donations for Peltarch's hungry. Any hungry or homeless Norwickian who asks is allowed to take from the donations. Any and all harassment is met with silence and a scrunched up face.

• word spreads of a group of adventurers coming back battered and weary from what was coined as "The Earth Plane", they toted behind them a cart full of exotic ore. Rumors circulate that the planes air itself tore at their lungs and attempted to bring them down. Yet Telli, Diet, Maythor, Rary, Lyte, and Loc were successful in bringing back what they could haul without straining themselves.

• Legion

@456209c5e8=lairilwa:

After hearing some of the talk of far off planes and 'ore' a young girl in a light blue robe and walking stick asks passersby if they can tell her where she can find Captain Dardragon, having met him once, and if anyone knows if the ore might be Star Metal.

Benji introduces himself, says he doesn't know anything about ore, then tries to sell you a crossbow.

//I'll look for you in game for the interaction. 😉

• After hearing some of the talk of far off planes and 'ore' a young girl in a light blue robe and walking stick asks passersby if they can tell her where she can find Captain Dardragon, having met him once, and if anyone knows if the ore might be Star Metal.