OOC Note

• I would like to start this with a statement that this is my own view on this and is not the view of other tribunal members of DM's.

Arnath is not a complete place. It is a fledgeling place, just getting started, and isnt' finished in dev wise or even PC wise.

Because of this some OOC things need to be done to assure that its a fun place to play and can survive…

So I personally would like to say this. If you character isn't 100% sure they want to be in arnath and plan on staying in it nearly 100% sure, please just leave.

OOC you say? Metagaming you say? Fine, yeah, its both. But its for the good of the city and the possibility that this freaking thing happens.

Two times earlier i've seen "evil" and "arnath" nearly go down the crapper because of someone suddenly thinking they didn't want to be there, or someone playing someone there simply for conflict point, and ends up leaving and spilling thier guts and crap happens.

And amazingly enough its going on a third time.

So please. Until this place gets settled in storyline, PC's, and Deving don't bring characters down here and get heavily involved unless you're sure you're letting them stay.

No, this is NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR! I'm goign to make that clear before people jump down my throat about this. This has happened numerous times over the past months, and finally has just gotten enough to where i've finally wanted to post about it.

Once again, this is my own personal view and not that of anyone elses within arnath...

• Well I'm not going to but in on how the situation should be handled with the current "betrayers" but I think for -future- reference, an amendment should be made to the bloodoath specifically stating that if the member of Arnath ever leaves the city, he/she is bloodbound to keep all information secret on pain of death.

((that way a PLAYER has fair warning that if they leave and start to spill, they'll have…visitors.))

As a matter of fact, consider that Syne's IC recommendation to the Tribunal of Arnath.

• IC I think Arnath sounds like a hard place to leave, once you're in. Popular culture and media stuff that's mafia-related doesn't show them as being tolerant of folks who leave, because those folks are a danger to the established order.

OTOH In Narfell, People must be aware of Arnath. The Militia, the guilds etc. Because of engine and scale limitations, any 'Surface War' would likely have 10-20 PC's per side on a good day - a poor representation of the might of the Good Knights versus the Shunned Horde. And so we don't have that animosity. I suspect that powerful folks topside appreciate a cordial relationship with some of the powers in Arnath, because sometimes it's useful.

Besides, Maybe Ari's just playing the saps up top for some other reason. It'd be a bold move, for sure but not impossible. Regardless of her true motivation, it does seem like an interesting story arc…

• Ok my thoughts on this.

People leaving Arnath isn't the problem, but for some reason most who leave seem to feel the need to talk about anything they know of the city and the people down there. Or older Arnathians suddenly reapearing coming back down and deciding to settle some old scores or becuase they lived in Arnath before the new laws don't apply to them.

Some people (like those in power) should know that there wouldn't be any leaving once there. And should expect some sort of attempt to punish them. I mean a godfather just doesn't decide to quit the mob. And any who leave the city and start telling all they know in the cities eyes should be viewed as a traitor.

But thats my opinion and considering i had a bad day at work might not be the best time to post this.

• As another quick note, I too find no issue with -actual- spies, or even Arizima's betrayal, except that I don't want to kill her and now I almost have to. Or try to, anyway. It's entirely possible she will defend herself more than adequately over and over again. But I don't even want to make the attempt.

Call me a pansy, but I don't like killing people off. It tends to cause negativity - an aspect of role-playing games that I avoid as much as possible.

Then again, Linn seems fine with the notion of assassination attempts so I'm far more at ease. I'll try to communicate with her and co-ordinate a few. And maybe we can even work out a solution that doesn't end up with someone dead.

• Please take the comments like the last post and the post the post was talking about more towards PL's or PG's then bringing it up public such as that as that is just basic problems between two specific players..

• I hate doing stuff like this. I hate attacking people. Especially when I like people… But I find saying things like this very rude.
    @c0385036be:

@c0385036be:

Quick note:
    Please don't throw comments like this "you all are so freaking awesome ooc" into the mix. You know from direct experience that a lot of the Arnathers are excellent players, and role-players, and if you think about it I think you'll understand that their ooc concern here is because of concern for your enjoyment as well as theirs, and everyone elses'. They aren't going ooc for personal benefit - they're trying to find a solution that doesn't spiral into character death. Please don't fault Zyph for the attempt, even if his idea smacks of ooc machinations.

I am sorry… I did not know i was not allowed to say such things......

Your response to Robilar was very passive-aggressive. Unless of course you were sincere in saying so, but judging from your mood and tone throughout this whole ordeal, I should very much doubt you were.

I wouldn't have said anything either, but this isn't the first passive-aggressive comment you've made about this. I'm not keeping a list or tally, but it's been done. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop.

• There is a difference between sending actual spies, and betrayal Cust.

And unlike those other things, its not a fledgling place trying to get going.

I know we've had spies down here, we've dealt with those ig. its a different thing completely having someone that just goes down, decides tehy want to mess around in arnath a bit, then runs off and spills thier guts to everyone they know. Thats not spying, its just betrayal.

And what that brings is a huge issue of a PK war if any of us do whats IC and simply kill those people.

• The point is not that you are role-playing unfairly, it's that some of us are loath to kill Arizima because we like you as a player. I don't want to suddenly burst out of the shadows with a team of assassins, stun and poison you, and drag you off into the woods for burning and burial.

HEYA.. is that is what is ic decided on, then do so, ic is ic, correct?

@d08ade0d58:

Quick note:
    Please don't throw comments like this "you all are so freaking awesome ooc" into the mix. You know from direct experience that a lot of the Arnathers are excellent players, and role-players, and if you think about it I think you'll understand that their ooc concern here is because of concern for your enjoyment as well as theirs, and everyone elses'. They aren't going ooc for personal benefit - they're trying to find a solution that doesn't spiral into character death. Please don't fault Zyph for the attempt, even if his idea smacks of ooc machinations.

I am sorry… I did not know i was not allowed to say such things......

• Linn, I hope you don't think I'm one of your attackers. I'm on a similar plotline with The Nameless Monk which may very well lead her to become neutrally-aligned once again.
    Also, there are at least four individuals who all left Arnath at the same time so the problem is compounded.

The point is not that you are role-playing unfairly, it's that some of us are loath to kill Arizima because we like you as a player. I don't want to suddenly burst out of the shadows with a team of assassins, stun and poison you, and drag you off into the woods for burning and burial.

The issue is an internal conflict for us, because we'd hoped characters who left wouldn't be such overt traitors. The only viable option I can see thus far is Arizima's murder. I'm trying to find an alternate but it's hard to say "oh, lets ignore the fact that she's spread all our secrets".

My fondest option would be if Phoenix met our leaders and negotiated extending their personal protection of our city in exchange for amnesty granted to ex-citizens of their choice.

Quick note:

• Alright, since I know a large part of this is due to ari's leaving, and this is ooc talk anyway, I will explain her positioning in leaving.

Ari was built specifically to be rp'ed either into good, or staying evil. Most people knew this… and accepted it, including dm's. Now, she lived in arnath because yes, she was evil, and would have remained so if there had been the rp to keep her evil.... and that rp was there for all of a week..... then everyone stopped playing their evil characters and went back to their good or neutral characters... so ari started talking to people, trying to find her faith, and found it, in lathander. She choose then to not only leave arnath, but give up her positioning as the captian... Now I am not blaming her leaving on lack of evil, but of the rp.... it is just the way things go... did I intend for her to go neutral like she did? No... and anyone I talked about her to before bringing her on knows this, I said specifically that I hoped she stayed evil, but was willing to base her soley on the rp.

If, in the world of Narfell, it is a crime to base someones decisions in character on what happens to them in character, please, tell me now....

This is all I am going to say, because I have felt that I have been attacked, not in this post, but in pm's....

And now, Ari is neutral, perhaps if the evil clerics start in on her she will change back, it is based SOLEY on rp and is not meant to hurt anyone ooc.... hells, you all are so freaking awesome ooc.

Now, unless anyone has any complaints about ic events, i do think this thread is about lockable.

Oh, and what does Dalia say when you talk to her? Does she say "arnath is an evil place, for evil only?" Or does she say "This is a place for anyone shunned from the surface" I felt I had to leave arnath, that I was shunned from that place for not being evil, when in fact, there is others down there who is not "evil" as evil is. If I am wrong on that, someone please correct me.

• I agree on this matter. Complete freedom for every character is NOT what narf is about. I think there are a lot of people who do not belong in a city of outcasts and it would be a shame if players ruined the atmosphere because they wanted a brief holiday from the surface.

You have to understand that a lot of the people who left have been talking like no one cares, but people DO care and these people have assassins and murderers and a variety of other sick methods at their disposal. Some of them aren't even psychopaths - some just have legitimate reason to be hiding from the surface, and now certain individuals are openly discussing their location.

And we, as players, have to make the difficult decision to kill someone (or several someones)'s primary characters. Logically, it's what should be done. I've seen each and every one of the renegade arnathers ALONE on the surface so there's no claim that they couldn't be reached by assassins, and I don't care how well built you are…some of the Arnath allies are INSANE (I've fought 'em myself, to little effect).

The problem Zyph has is that people are treating it like it's nothing; like they joined a school club and then just decided it wasn't for them.
    It smacks of the ooc use of the knowledge that pvp is very hard to work properly on narf - if I left a secret city of murderers, assassins, and outcasts I'd keep my farkin' mouth shut about their goings-on. Because you might survive one ambush, or three, but they will kill you eventually and, yes, your allies might avenge you but you'll still be dead.

• sickos

• puts down a Player Guide flag

Alright kids, no fighting, keep your arguing civil.
    Just a little warning or expect some spanking.

😉

• Once again, as i told your husband as well, I'm not telling anyone anything…

...I'm giving my opinion, and stating it, and asking. Its not me telling anyone anything, its not me forcing anyone anything, its not a policy, its my opinion. If people want to follow it and think my opinion is right, so be it, but in no way am I telling people what they HAVE to do.

And I love that a lot of the people giving me the biggest backlash for this are the ones that have bitched to me in the past about people being down that arn't "arnathish" because they were afraid they'd go tell everyone everything....

• @0fd18f9b4b:

So please. Until this place gets settled in storyline, PC's, and Deving don't bring characters down here and get heavily involved unless you're sure you're letting them stay.

No offense Zyphlin, but who are you to say who is allowed to live there and who isn't?
    You are specifically telling people they do nto have that right….
    ummm..........
    whatever

• ok hafter having talked to Zy IRC i now know what he is getting at and have to agree on his sentiments.
    Currently arnath is a small place. So asmall that it is not fessable for Arnath PC's to live down there permantly. This being so they have to travel to the syurface to get in some RP.

This it seems has casued some probelms with some people having been to arnath and the blabbing about whio has been down there etc….

While this might be IC please remember some of this issues about the current size and limitations of Arnath.

Shortly Arnath will be a lot bigger, to the extent that PC' will be able to exist down there with out the need to reach the surface....well i hope so anyway........

Till then please could you limit surface talk or resist the urge to bring other non Arnath citizens down.

Yes this is a bit OOC but as ZY said...please..for the good of Arnath and the Dev work that has gone on behind the scenes for the new Arnath.

BUT...to top it off i dontmean to tell people how to or what they can do here.....this is just a sentiment.