We'll Meet Again

• After making heartfelt goodbyes to friends, family, and staff, Roland saves his final words for those who knew him best. Standing on the steps of the temple, he addresses the priests of the temple and the knights of the Divine Shield who gather to bid him farewell.

"I'm afraid I have no parting gifts for you. I can think of nothing appropriate, and I know that material goods will be of little use to you.

I hope that I leave things here at least a little better than I found them. I know that I am leaving them in good hands.

I go now to do Helm's work in the Great Beyond. We shall meet again, my friends."

With that, he departs at last, a new found vigour in his stride. He is accompanied by a small retinue carrying his few personal belongings from the temple, where he has lived much of his long life.

True to form, Brynmor has a group of musicians and a bard join him on board the P.C.S. Kraken as it leaves the harbour. Clapping the equally old Captain Panache on the back with a grin, Roland lights a cigar while the performers play a song that might be familiar to some.

_And now, the end is here
    And so I face the final curtain
    My friend, I'll say it clear
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full
    I traveled each and ev'ry highway
    And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few
    But then again, too few to mention
    I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
    I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
    And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
    When I bit off more than I could chew
    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I ate it up and spit it out
    I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
    I've had my fill, my share of losing
    And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
    To think I did all that
    And may I say, not in a shy way,
    "Oh, no, oh, no, not me, I did it my way"

For what is a man, what has he got?
    If not himself, then he has naught
    To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
    The record shows I took the blows and did it my way!

Yes, it was my way…_

• ICC

A rude dwarf mutters not so quietly, "And good farkin' riddance to ye."

• Unlike many, Maya isn’t present in Peltarch. The daily toils of the inn, along with providing martial instruction to Norwick’s people keep her otherwise occupied. However, when the cold wind blows from the North, and Maya pulls the cloak a little tighter, she wonders to herself why the world feels a little less safe.

• From behind a kind, familiar hand of a young man is placed on the old captains shoulder, with a knowing smile and nod before moving past him to the docks.

The Blue Bard joins the bards in their revel, and says his quiet goodbyes to the departing senator. He remains on the docks for some time, looking out on the icelace, leaning against his staff to take the weight off his damaged left leg as he muses on the past. He keeps his cloak wrapped tight around him, the colors of the fabric bending and and shifting, as he smiles upon old memories.

• Aramuil watches the ship as it departs from a perch on top of a nearby building; his face reflects bittersweet thoughts as his cloak flaps in the wind. As the senator's ship finally is out of sight, Aramuil casts a spell and disappears in a bolt of lightning.

A very different figure watches from the docks, so tall that he needs no perch to see the departing senator. His captain's armor glints green and gold, shined to a perfect glint; the aging warrior's eyes well up with tears for a moment, which he quickly brushes away. He waves a final goodbye, then places his helm on his head, it clicks into place with a metallic ping. The massive form leaves long before the senator's ship is gone; people making way due to his size and rank.

• Legion

Triani waves with a cheerful smile as her departs

Do find time to write me friend!

• a young Half-elf stands on the docks at attention silent and saluting with one hand and holding out his holy symbol of Helm in the other until the ship disappears

• ::A lone mounted figure waves a pennant bearing lance from the bluff that over looks the Icelace, before urging a large mount westwards::