Ongoing plot help

• hi, i've been caught up into an ongoing plot for the first time that isn't simply an in game adventure. never done one of these before and so i'm a little bit unsure as to how to go about the rp

i've posted afew simple activities on the forums and pm'd the dm with info on what my char will do as follow up.

should i make ongoing forum posts describing what my char is doing (or is that just going to be spamming the forum with trivia..ie: char x goes here and does this inane thing???)…if i should, should i be making a new post each time or stick to the first posting (even if the title is no longer relevant??)

do i pm the dm what my char is doing (as i have) or do i wait for the dm to be online and contact them then??

any suggestions/advice on how these plots generally work for people would be much appreciated

• Have fun with it. DMs like PCs that get active in plots.

• thanks salsa
    i'll wait between each posting/pm for dm response

ccol, it's kinda exciting 8D

• What you are doing is fine. However, after each email/post, I would wait till the DM responds. You might find their response might change what you would of done next. Also, it gives the DM time to determine what affect your actions had before having to determine what your next action did.