::New rumours heard in the Mermaid::

• _Hjoichi Olsen has been seen of late in the town again, selling off kobold junk and buying more arrows and oil for his campfire and so forth. Most likely cursing and muttering the entire way. Though he tends to see who's about first. And says m'lady and m'lord a bit more frequently (i.e. Farkin Kobold Menace m'lady).

He's also stopped tipping bards and singers. In fact, he tends to leave and head out to the hills cursing when someone starts up a tune; usually mumbling something like "Farkin Menacer in the College, what'd Lady Jorinsen say to tha eh?"

Lately he's been raving a bit on "Them Demon Menacers what pop out of that sunclock" or "sneaker bashards what cursed the sunclock" and so forth. Apparently he had a rather close encounter._

• ::Nate Wingates was seen leaning down near the courthouse for an hour or so, eyes squinted, locked on the ground as he walks around. His lip curled, he was walking around in slow circles, never faring far from the courthouse. Some say he lost a coin or quill-pen, others say he lost his mind::

• _Zyphlin can be seen in the commons for the next few days, a perplexed and almost worried look on his face, his eyes seeming off and distant. His journal in his hand, his fine magical writing pen in his hand, constantly tapping the page slowly as he thinks. On the page, in the middle, is but a single letter

O

When asked what is wrong he looks up, seeming to chuckle a bit as he comes out of a daze, and closes his journal casually smiling and saying its nothing, just thinking on a possible play._

• A lesson on "being stealthy" today in the commons was the cause of many a travellers amusement today as Sierra was trying to teach an awfully unskilled woman how to move quieter and less noticeable, the student more or less didnt know what she was doing and aside from making as much noise as a knight in armor, or fumbling over things as she try to watch her step so not to splash around in puddles, she did put up an effort to learn the skill. Even more odd was that the woman was none other then our very own merchant and Cerulean Knight Chaevre' , whom now is trying to find Sierra to give her a payment for the lesson as Sierra seemed to leave suddenly, likely due to the comments and boasts coming from the bardic peanut gallery.

• Drelan Ashire could be seen staggering past with vommit on his uniform in early morning/late night towards the uniform looking quite disheveled. He spoke to no one seeming quite focused on just reaching the door.

• Zyph hears the rumors and laughs

HA! I knew this was coming, and hell i'm not even sure i'm running this time. Gotta love it. But hey, at least assassination means I can thwart the person easily cause I'll still be free and walking around instead of just being locked up in a jail for the entire thing. You gotta think though, why is it that everytime elections comes around I'm the one everyone tries to get out of the way first with such underhanded tactics.

smiles and just shakes his head pulling out a piece of paper

Lets see, ooo…i may reach assassination attempt 20 before the end of this thing...five more and i get a "frequent target" discount card to all the underhanded places in the city. Excellent

• Peltarch has chittered and drawn their cloaks tight of late as the snow falls down in bitter showers, delaying trade routes and hampering tramps in their quest for a bit of heat. Unusual, and unseasonal. So too, as if by coincidence, is seen a slender, strikingly aristocratic elven lady. Her bearing is noble, but without warmth, and her manner and form speaking of wealth. Among the commoners and the rich alike, a familiar name returns to lips. That of the missing or departed ex-magistrate of the City, Lady Aspera Chillwind, returned…

• Oreth makes it clear in loud tones whenever these rumors pass him by that he sure would hate to have to organize a group to tear out some poor sap's more crucial organs and eat them in front of him while he dies, but with all the assassination attempts on his friends…. well, you gotta do what you gotta do, and humanoid liver can be tasty if you're in the right mood....

• Talk has been spreading on a new run of assasination attemps that are soon to go underway. Rumors spread of the bartender over hearing a masked short person murmering "Zyphlin is my first name on my hit list… i know its crazy, its a Z. My list is like backwards alphabetical." and with the upcoming elections people are talking about who is making this power play and if running for senate is worth one's life...

• it is rumored that a young red headed elven woman asked to, and was allowed to perform a song in the commons; an oberservation she claimed of what she had seen there:

"the commons"

Unrhymed, unrhythmical
    the chatter goes:
    Yet no one hears his own
    remarks as prose.
    beneath each topic
    tunelessly discussed
    The ground-bass is
    reciprocal mistrust
    The names in fashion
    shuttling to and fro
    Yield, when deciphered,
    messages of woe
    You cannot read me like
    an open book.
    I'm more myself than you
    will ever look.
    Will no one listen to my
    little song?
    Perhaps I shan't be with
    you very long.
    A howl for recognition,
    shrill with fear,
    Shakes the crowded
    commons, but each ear
    Is listening to it' hearing
    so none will hear.

After she finished Lady Aspera complained the loudest to the young woman but was seen to give her a large donation as she did.

• Despite all the excitement and choas lately, it's strange that the bard Meril is rarely seen about the city. Instead, it is reported that he is sighted more and more often in the southern part of the lands of Narfell.

• Rumours expand on the dissappearance of children from the College, apparantly the children were attending Mistress Senella's Elven lessons, the elven bard being conspicuously absent from public eyes not helping quell wild guesses at all.

• News of the young candidate Gailyn, a Nars man and a Beshaban priestess carrying the body of the undertaker towards the temple spread quickly through the town. Wild speculations about the dead becoming animated and attacking the the four run rampant, others say Igor most likely fell on his own scalpel in a clumsy accident, while still others say the three killed Igor and brought him to the temple to seem innocent. All agree on one thing though and that is that there are dark forces at work in Peltarch.

• _Rumors begin to spread that two outraged families are demanding to know the whereabouts of their children, two boys and a girl, who were last seen in the care and protection of Nate Wingates who was taking the children to their regular classes at the Bardic College.

It seems the Guard may be sent to investigate._

• Strange runic marks have been spotted in the lands near the city. Some have been freshly carved into the rock, others seems to have been their for ages, yet only recently surfaced. Some claim that the marks glow softly in the night, and yet others claim that they have heard angry whispers, speaking in a strange language, when passing near these marks. A few have even claimed to have seen ghosts fading in and out near the runestones. As soon as someone is sent out to investigate one of these marks, there is no longer any trace of them. Yet, new sightings continue to happen.

• During the incident, rumour speaks of Hanadros, the high priest of Kelemvor, taking part in the battle, using his godly powers to help slay the creatures and afterwords healing the combatants who struck against the foul abominations.

• _Talk is rife in the common room about the incident in the Commons and folk huddle close to the light of the fire as they talk. They say that just a few hours after dawn strange creatures, seemingly living shadows, appeared and attacked those nearby.

The defence was carried out by a number of guards and concerned citizens of the city, fighting with blade, spell and bow. The attack eventually coming to an end as the overcast sky cleared. Rumours abound that the shadow creatures arrival was accompanied by a fervoured chanting, the source of which was unknown.

For some hours after the incident the man called Crowe, who was seen in the thick of the battle, stood guard watching the commons. He was heard to voice the opinion on more than one occasion that for all the bluster of the attack it seemed to have accomplished absolutely nothing. No one was seriously injured, the beasts having just arrived for their own slaughter. No doubt some darker deed is afoot somewhere nearby._

• Another night in the docks: An already deserted house, broken still from the war, catches fire for some reason and burns for a good while before the flames can be put out.

• Rumors spread that an old man attacked and beat up a young woman in the commons yesterday. Roland Brynmor is said to have defended the woman beater and not having the law persecute him as should have been done. Those there express outrage at the injustice done there that day.

• _According to rumor two elves, one male one female, and a human with glowing red eyes searched for a whole day through the docks district looking for a domestic cat. If they found it and returned it home eventually is unknown.

In related whipsers people wonder what a cleric of Beshaba would want from a normal domestic cat. It seems that Elissa asks people about their little worries and supposedly takes care of them, as does a quiet elven monk._