::New rumours heard in the Mermaid::

• Rumors spread that an old man attacked and beat up a young woman in the commons yesterday. Roland Brynmor is said to have defended the woman beater and not having the law persecute him as should have been done. Those there express outrage at the injustice done there that day.

• _According to rumor two elves, one male one female, and a human with glowing red eyes searched for a whole day through the docks district looking for a domestic cat. If they found it and returned it home eventually is unknown.

In related whipsers people wonder what a cleric of Beshaba would want from a normal domestic cat. It seems that Elissa asks people about their little worries and supposedly takes care of them, as does a quiet elven monk._

• Peltarch Far Scouts

Bards and urchins through out Peltarch can be see running around the city singing the latest of songs featuring one of it's most famous, if not craziest of citizens.

A Fool in Peltarch, Narfell

(Sung to the tune of "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett)

Nibblin' on a muffin cake
    Watchin' the ground quake
    All of the citizens scramble and scream
    Realaxin' with my badger-friend
    On the Pel-tarch commons bench end
    I think my muffin’s dry- maybe I should get some cream

Chorus:
    Just putterin' away again in Peltarch, Narfell
    Searchin’ for something tasty to drink
    Some people claim that I’m a Fool and insane
    But I don’t care, what the people think

I don't know the reason
    I stay here through the season
    Nothin' to show but my flashy robe
    But it's a real beauty
    I look like a gnomish cutie
    Am I wearing underwear - I haven't a clue

Chorus:
    Just putterin’ away again in Peltarch, Narfell
    Searchin' for something tasty to drink
    Now I think
    You know, I’m bet I’d look good in Pink

I found a tasty mush-room
    Roasting it on a wooden-broom
    Got three kids waitin’ back home
    I got my badger songs to whistle
    And about ten magic missiles
    I’m a brilliant and fun lovin’ gnome

Just putterin' away again in Peltarch, Narfell
    Searchin’ for something tasty to drink
    But I don’t care, what the people think
    Yes and some people claim I’m a Fool and crazy insane
    But I know, I look fabulous in pink

• Two of the narsman shamas, Devath and Dawn, and Chaevre Vaelen, arrived one afternoon, covered in kobold guts, with Devath carrying a chunk of stone, which held a runic mark. The exact meaning of the rune, and why the Narsmen were hunting it, remains unclear at this time.

• A woman with flame-red hair has been seen visiting Peltarch with some frequency. Besides her hair, the silvery robe she wears is quite striking. It appears to shimmer even at night and it's material is unlike any that has ever been seen. The Seven Stars of Mystra are sewn onto the sleeves and front, suggesting her to be a holy person to Our Lady of Mysteries. Whenever she visits, she is seen stopping at the tower belonging to the Knights of Cerulean Stars.

• Peltarch Far Scouts

Sheets of parchment are pinned up through Peltarch by arrow. Attached is a most unusual looking poem.

_Thin Line

some
    one
    sits
    and
    waits

supported
    by
    Black.
    Hands.
    guarding
    gates

will
    he
    run
    for
    senate
    or
    stay
    as
    magistrate

there’s
    no
    telling
    what
    he’ll
    do

so
    long
    has
    he
    fooled
    me
    and
    you

mustache
    trimmed
    that’s
    a
    Clue.

staying
    within
    the
    law’s
    fine
    line

but
    does
    he
    reap
    benefit
    and
    aid
    darkness
    divine

magistrate
    don’t
    Be.
    Absurd.
    this
    time

Bird Brain_

• When word of the election reaches Keram's ears, in the Mermaid, a light chuckle can be heard.

The kids are at it again are they….

The old elf smiles and returns to sipping his wine.

• Rumors fly of a dual that took place just outside the city limits, in the shadow of the tower. Some speak of a smug hin laying in the dirt while his former victim extracted revenge. The consenses is that it was a fair fight, but many feel the hin got off too easy.

• Rumors spread that Rolan Benthur, the Ex-Banite has taken it upon himself to prove to all that he no longer follows Bane

It was said that he entered the commons in Peltarch and placed upon the sundial a dagger that had the symbol of Bane engraved into it and after it was heated with spells by two who accompanied him, he smashed it with his gauntlet

Is this for real or is this still just another elaborate plot by the banites to get a spy in the ranks of the other faiths?

• Hearing the news over a pint in the Mermaid, Ogam grins broadly.

"Badger-muffin party?'

He chuckles, but scrathes his stubble thoughtfully as he does so.

'Aye… well... that does sound just like what the city is needing these days."

He shakes his head.

"I just hope they don't go gobbling up too many of the little beasties…"

• Peltarch Far Scouts

_Rumors spread that Sierra Ju'ent has retained a gnome known as Idym, or the Fool to some, to be her campaign manager. Word also flits about with talk of the newly named political party, to be something to the effect of the Badger/Muffin party. Anna Siglerson is said to be one of the first members.

An odd meeting was held outside of Peltarch, involving Roland Brynmor, the Fool, Scutum Hedges, and Sierra Ju'ent involving hugging, and something about King Twinkletoes. Some can only speculate that this is code for something to do with the newly formed party._

• Realizing the importance of gaining recognition and respect as early as possible in an election, Gailyn continues doing his best to ingratiate himself with both prominent individuals and common folk alike to keep himself memorable. After coming in late one evening covered with various blood stains he's overheard conversing with a civillian at a table in the inn

"…two of them you say? well...glad someone's finally taking action!" the commoner offers a gap toothed smile

"Yes, those dock rats were no match for me though and the other man helped...I also tried to talk some sense into a prostitute...no luck though..." Gailyn is heard remarking while apparently studying the contents of his wine decanter with much interest, before remarking on the incredible sum of gold they charge with a laugh

After some idle chatter it is said he bought a round of ale for everyone in the inn before heading out to resume his patrol, checking to make sure his sword was clear in his scabbard and a determined expression evident on his face

• Talk spreads about a discussion between a few of the prospecting senator elects in the commons, apparently soem were discussing things they intend to have done if they get elected, focussing on solving the homeless problem, the unemployment, the food shortange, and the orphan children, Chaevre' took the moment to question those proposals, apparently she bluntly stated that you dont need to be senator to solve those problems, She said that any citizen who truly wanted to fix those issues could do so themselves, by simply buying a plot of land outside the city limits and building a large house, they could them move the homeless or unemployed to live in the house and/or work on the land to grow food for themselves and the city, the children could help to tend livestock or work the fields if they were old enough and could attend school during the days, also could live in the house, this will solve the homeless, unemployment, orphans, and food shortage problems all in one shot..after a brief pause one person responded "Well then what should we do if were elected?" Chaevre's responce was simple "You are the one running you should answer your own question." after this the debate became more heated and more or less went nowhere, Chaevre' couldn't help but grin to herself.

• A rumour spreads among the hin of Peltarch. At it's essence: "Sasha Lil'foot for Senator".

• ((Not that they arn't great or anything, but isn't it a little ooc/out of place to have big election speeches in the rumours thread? ))

• DM

Magistrate Barrim goes up to remind Corana that senators do not lead security forces, that was rather the problem with the traitor Koreth before he was exposed. Promising to clean up all crime with your own private army is something similar to cries of "there will be order" - he remarks that such attitudes are the mark of a zealot.

He welcomes her efforts to ridding the city of crime, and points out the loyal guards in uniform that are already doing well, and have suffered much under the recent troubles.

He smiles, and then asks her if she is no interested in clearing up crime to submit any information to the office of the captain of the guard, where proper due process can take place. He also reminds her that there are always positions in the guard for the most trustworthy of individuals.

• Rumors spread that the rat problem in the sewers is growing worse, and that these vermin are becoming braver, not hesitating to steal what they can from both wealthy and impoverished kitchens alike. Residents are encouraged to take what precautions they can against potential injury the spread of disease.

• The past few days Zyph has been seen less in the commons and far more in the dock districts. Rumors don't spread about pointless speeches months before elections take place, speeches people won't even remember by the time it starts. Instead it is said that he has been seen moving through the docks more often, hoping that at least his presence may keep some of the recent troubles from happening as much and hoping for a chance to stop what he can. He has said to be trying to speak with some of the working women of the street, attempting to get them to try and make a better life for themselves, but as of now it seems to no avail. Still, the bard seems to not let it kill his spirit as he continues to try to travel and speak to those in the district.

• Sipping on a glass of Chateaux du Rose 1345 in the inn trying to unwind after hearing all the long winded and scathing speeches while trying hard to ingratiate himself with the the prominent organizations and people, Gailyn overhears the two women talking with regret at the misfortune befalling the docks district and anger at the lack of action.
    This is it…Gailyn realizes If I'm to gain prestige enough to be considered a worthy candidate, this is my oppurtunity…
    With that Gailyn stands atop his chair, wineglass in hand and pronounces loudly with a smile

Citizens of Peltarch…I will not trouble and bore your already bleeding ears with another speech filled with empty words and promises. You have seen me risk my life to defend yours time and again. Repelling kobolds, bandits, and fighting for your liberation in the civil war that cost me dearly, but the wounds I suffered I am proud to bear because I earned them doing the right thing, for you all. Proclaiming past heroics won't help you NOW though, it is past time for words and time for fulfilment. I will let my actions speak for me and do what I can to help right NOW, so just remember the name Gailyn of house Daedrus when you hear how the streets of Peltarch have become safer…cheers

with that he raises his wineglass to the crowd and finishes off the remnants of the wine, then descends throwing his cloak about his shoulders, checking to see that his sword is clear in its scabbard, striding with determination towards the Docks District as dusk falls

• _All across Peltarch people gather in its busy pubs and inns chatting over pints of ale and fine wine, while sharing the latest gossip. "did you hear about the murder.." one would start, just to have a neighbor reply "..the one in the docks?" and rarely would they be talking about the same one.

Tales goes about an innocent girl working for the seafarers guild, being forced up against a wall and robed as she left the building after hours.

Another tale speaks of a woman coming home to find her house burgled and her husband dead in the lounge.

There is the tale of the man who flung himself off the roof.

The prostitute that hung herself.

The Paladin girl who was assaulted on the way and left dead and robbed in the street.

The prostitute that was strangled and about to be dumped in the sea.

And numerous of assaults of hooded men, attacking swiftly and suddenly from the narrow and dark streets of the docks.

Meanwhile the senator candidates talk._