Told from the Rant Stand

• Ill tempered and provoked by Oscura's constant mention wherever he goes, Elidur throws forward his opinion.

"It's not slavery it's punishment for a crime you dolts! There's a huge difference! They buy and sell living people, innocent people. Peltarch is sending off criminals, and good-bloody-riddance!"

• Milith looks among the people as he listens to the young Oscuran and takes the stand as well directly speaking to the senate and those running for senate*

sadly I agree with the oscurans, you cant say your against slavery then turn around and do it yourselves, what law says you cant speak your mind? I have heard of this city being corrupted and you are proving it all to well with your own ideals of Justice. I can assure the people of Peltarch that though we may be harsh down in Norwick, it is nothing like this. As for the future senators look what these current senators are doing? You speak of freedom and of money coming in and of happiness? Look around you, I don't think these people are happy with you sending there family's off to Slavery!! I say if you want to arrest them then do so, but DO NOT condemn slavery if you intend to do it yourself. Do I approve of slavery personally? NO, but I will say so far that Oscura seems the far kinder place to be, at least there you can speak your peace without being persecuted!!

• The rarther cynical Oscuran noble mutters as he walks off

"And if im not mistaken… Snding people to do hard labour is slavery..... And they condem Oscura"

• John shouts from the crowd:

'n since when 'as expressin' opinion been all criminal? ::he turns to the people:: Destroyin' property when yer riotin' 's one thing - but b'cause th' city's handlin' themselves piss-poorly, an' people be riotin' 'cause o' that? Who's fault 's it really?

Give us our freedom ah say! We don' need no farkin' babysitter! LET US SPEAK!

• Magistrate Vlana Borodin ascends the stand accompanied by Guard Captain Velhar to make an announcement.

"Attention citizens! In order to protect you, your families and your livlihoods from the threat of civil unrest and riotous behaviour, by decree of the Senate of Peltarch, this criminal behavior is now to be treated as a serious crime.

Those arrested for riotous behavior now face the potential penalty of Transportation, for a period of five years, to the City of Heliogabalus in the Kingdom of Damara, there to undertake hard labour until their sentence has expired!

For those judged to be ringleaders in inciting riotous behavior amongst their peers and fellow citizens, Transportation will be to the City of Athkatla in the country of Amn by means of magic in cooperation with the Cowled authorities of that land!

Let this serve as a warning to those of criminal intent! Your rioting disrupts the lives of your fellow, law-abiding citizens! It disrupts their livelihoods, it scares their children and puts your lives and the lives of those around you in jeopardy! For your sake and the sake of our citizens, this behavior will no longer be tolerated! If you need to express yourselves in some manner, this very stand is the place to do it legally."

• The Halforc/elf Wog was seen clambering up onto the rant stand, in his golden robe, covered in symbols of Kelemvor

"Peltarch, now is an importnat time! The election is upon you!

You will all think diffrently, and that is a good thing.

Yet i just give you a few words of warning.

A subject that is bought up often, Oscura.

A place where people are burned alive, a place where Slavery is run, slaves that are controlled with whips and dark magics. Barley fed, jsut enough to do there masters bidding.

And a place, where Undead can roam the streets, protected by its laws. A place where Necromancy is allowed to corrupt those who have died.

From my view, and the view of the gods, Undead are pure evil. And allowing such? Just as bad.

Think carefully in your votes, make sure there are no oppertunites to allow Oscuras corruption to spread to this fine city.

Think carefully Peltarch, you are good and wise people"

Wog steps down quietly and disperses into the crowd

• _With typical paternal formalities, Senator Ryan Fisher takes the stand, a decent crowd already amassing to hear what people expect to be one of his first pronouncements on the ongoing election campaigns. The feeling about the city is that with the recent speaking out from Senator Mariston Thel against one of the candidates, more Senators are sure to follow his lead and voice their own opinions.

As the elderly Senator takes the stand, he opens his arms in an embracing gesture to the people below, his age-parched voice ringing out clearly with a subtle presdigation from an aide._

"My dear citizens, it is with grave concern I feel I must speak out against the proposals and policies of the otherwise noble gentleman Perriwig P. Doubleday.

It may sound pleasing to you, my friends, to hear this man claim that Peltarch's troubles can be washed away by adding more tarrifs and taxes onto those of us in the Civic District, but answer me this! What do the wealthy in Peltarch do with their gold? Do we horde it, pile it up in our estates that we might make jealous the common man? This is what our esteemed friend Mister Doubleday would have you believe! I tell you this, the wealth of the wealthy is an investment into Peltarch, an investment into our City. Who funds the Guilds who employ you, who feed you, who put roofs over your heads? The families of the Civic District, that is who!

These are the same families who through the Guilds they have invested in must pay the levies on profits earned, must pay the wages of all who work here and who must pay for the upkeep and good repair of all your homes! Perhaps Mister Doubleday wishes us all to forget that the families of the Civic District already invest heavily in this city and you, its people!

He would make misers of us in the minds of all, but you elected me and I say I am no miser! I say misers are few and far between in the Civic District! The days of Vaster Ashald are over, and we take exception to being painted in the same colours as he! If the Docks be Peltarch's backbone, and the Commerce be Peltarch's heart, then the Civic is her mind, her conscience and her keeper!

Let not the spurious words of a troublesome gnome cloud your vision to this truth, my friends. I thank you for your attention this afternoon."

The crowd has a mixed response to the Senator's speech at first, but seem to get on board towards the end, his slow deliberate way of speaking quite convincing in its own way. It has to be said though, that most of the crowd look like they may indeed be from the Civic District to begin with.

• After the second time up on the stand, the audience turns against the Oscuran, and he is heckled off the stage.

• Adrian, tired of the constant Oscuran rants, asks the nearest guards to remove the man for disturbing the peace.

• Vladimir, going agasint his further statement renters the stage, his politness gone

"Well, if the so kind and careing senator really thinks all i want is my own personal power and gloru, i would be encoraging this city to cancel all trade with Osucra. He is clearly deaf.

And as the careing senator who only wishs for rightousness to rule these lands has clearly just said. He would wish hundreds of Oscurans to starve and suffer at his hands.

Your Senator Ladies and Gentlmen, the man who condems pain and hardship to the poor. Enjoy your lavish home and office Senator."

• Senator Ronan takes the stand after hearing of Vladimir's little speech.

Good citizens, as I've stated before, take what the Oscurans say with the tiniest grain of salt. They stand up here, attempting to spread chaos by saying you will suffer, smirking and chuckling darkly all the while. Frankly, it is getting old.

The Oscuran speaks as if he cares about us, putting on a show in hopes to further pit us against each other. He cares nothing for us, he wishes to see us fail so he can squat in his dark hole and cackle about it. I could stand up here and name the million things that are wrong with his city or with his leadership, but that'd accomplish nothing.

The Guilds and the Senate have reached a compromise, and this compromise is liable to irritate Oscura more and leave us unaffected. I know that many of you scorn the practice of slavery, as I and the entire senate do as well. Though things are not so black and white, and not so simple I've found.

Many are upset about the decision that was made, as it effected their livelyhood and whether or not food will be on the table for their families. While personally, I'd rather have nothing to do with the underground city, I have much hope that the compromise made will help to satisfy the Guilds, the Senate, and you the citizens. And it will help the city financially… not to mention give us peace. I realize the happiness of you, the citizens, isn't at an all time high, but that will change in the coming days. Have faith... we have weathered greater storms and we -will- weather this one.

Stand tall and proud, citizens. Glory to the Jewel..

• Vladimir Kursk steps onto the stage wearing his deep green armour, with a Silhoette of a Bear across the breast plate. He runs a hand through his hair and folds his hands behind his back before tunring to the crowds of Peltarch

"Peltarch, this is the last time i shall appear on this rant stand for awhile, i am here to make one last statment of fact.

Many of you are concerned for yourselves, the possiablity of loss of jobs, work, food, gold, and potentially your familys.

I start by admitting something. My Family runs a business company that will benefit extremely well if trade is cut between Oscura and your city. I admit that so you know that i truely mean what i am saying

Oscura has a slave trade, i do not shy away or am not embarrsed by that. For it is better to control something leagually than force it underground, and let it run riot. I do belive that.

Peltarch wishs to end trade due to a dead mans promise that it will disappear, so i can safely take it that Peltarch hopes to damage the slave traders.

looks around his smile fadeing a little

-Your- senate wishs to harm oscura for not keeping its promise? Well yes. They shall.. But they shall ahrm the wrong people. They wish to harm the Tribunal, the rich.. The slavers.

Yet want to know what will happen? They will not be affected, in fact, they are liekly to make more gold if this does happen. Those who will be affected? The poor. The Weak, the Working Class. Those like many of yourselves. They will suffer greatly, lack or food, lack of water, lack of basic nessecities. I ask you to fight back agasint this, as would you wish to suffer in a simerler situation?.. Oh, but perhpas you will if this goes ahead. Not only will Oscuras poor suffer, yet Peltarchs may to, i do not pretend to know much of Peltarchs system and trade, yet i already pass hundreds of homelss coming through the docks, an entire camp has taken over the street, even soup kitchins have had to open.

-Your- Senate.. smirks slightly They are blinded by righousness.. Paladins, politicans, fools.. They wish to make a stand. I respect that. yet they are blinded by there zeal to see the conseqences. Those who they wish to protect will suffer by there decison.

Peltarch? Take a stand. Shere raiding and banditry of slave caravas would have a more positive effect for you. Take a stand agasint your senate, make a stand agasint them harming you and others like you. It is your city…. Not theres. Not there gods. Yours... and they are going to harm it."

Vladimir steps down off the stage and disperses into the crowd...

• @63959f5e4f=Davidnwn:

Vladimir returns from the stand and stands at his farthers side quietly. When the fighting breaks out a smile crosses his lips and comments to the Duke and the Nrthern Bear guards..

"Trade still contiunes and there is fighting in the streets, doesnt bode well eh?"

((And yes, it is heard because it's posted))

Ronan mutters, taking the stand next after Vlad's statement.

Citizens, try not to listen to the Oscuran hypocrits. They come here, use our services, buy our wares… yet they come to the commons to insult everything we do, everything we are.

The Oscuran speaks of fighting in the streets. Yet I've heard of rumor that two of their factions took to killing each other in their own streets.. such is the "order" and "law" Oscura has. Slaves are also being murdered, Gallows went insane, yet they come here to lecture us at how imperfect we are.

Do take what they say with a grain of salt, and know that it is a city of tyrants and slavers they come from.

Glory to the Jewel

With that, Ronan just takes his leave, not waiting for a response from one of the Oscurans. Looking a little irritated himself.

• Adrian just shakes his head and moves off.

• Legion

PEACE PEOPLE!

The Senate has the long term prosperity of the guilds and our city at heart!

This is not the time for us to carry on like dogs!

Peltarch has ALWAYS stood as a beacon of CIVILIZATION in these lands, and it SHALL STILL! There are many sowing seeds of dissention among us at the moment. Listen to it for not a moment people! Oscura broke their agreement with us. We are keen for it to be mended! Do not listen to vile sorts who would make an idiotic mountain out of this diplomatic mole hill!

• Vladimir returns from the stand and stands at his farthers side quietly. When the fighting breaks out a smile crosses his lips and comments to the Duke and the Nrthern Bear guards..

"Trade still contiunes and there is fighting in the streets, doesnt bode well eh?"

• A random man of common looking attire darts onto the stand.

"The Senate don't know crap! The Guilds're still tradin' wi'Oscura an' ye mark me words, once th' League meetin' is over Whyte 'n Hardin'll show them ruddy paladins and pansies who really runs this shitehole!

I say balls t'slaves in Oscura! Balls t'them comin' afore us! If Oscura's profitin' from slaves I want a slice o' that pie!

Balls to Lavindo! He only cares about his precious soldiers!

Balls to Thel! He only cares about his-"

At this point the man is cut off as another commoner lunges forward to tackle him off the stand into a group of likeminded friends who start beating the hell out of him, before the guards (after seeming to let him take a certain amount of a beating) shoulder through and separate out the unruly men, hauling them out of the plaza.

• Adrian raises a brow at the all-too-convenient appearance of more Oscurans

• A bear of a man in silver and green armour, who happens to show up during Vladimir's speech flanked with two guards in similar livery, pipes up, loudly but to himself more than anything.

"Not surprising, from a Senate that functions more on radical ideals and hearsay than the actual wellbeing of their people."

He then walks up to Vladimir, speaking loud enough so everyone can hear

"Do not waste your time son. the Senate made their minds about us a long time ago. It is not us that need to be convincing, it will be their own people as they starve in the streets as their businesses crumble to dust."

• Legion

Sons and Daughters of the Jewel!

The citizens of Oscura are not our enemies.

Please allow me to quiet your hearts regarding the state of affairs between Peltarch and the undertown…

Some while back delegates from Oscura approached our senate and proposed a trade agreement between us. We raised our concerns, but we were assured that the leader of Oscura at the time – the one known as Justicar – was already working hard to address those issues that were an affront to the principles that Peltarch is built upon. He had already begun drafting new laws concerning the rights of slaves to make a way for them to regain their freedom, he was seeking out alternate sources of trade and revenue for Oscura to make it less reliant on the slave trade, and we were given assurances that he and others were doing their best to move Oscura away from such dark and despicable practices toward a more social and civilised state.

By agreeing to trade with Oscura we felt that we were doing what we could to provide an alternative to Slavery. Our goal was to help make Oscura a better place for all who live there. Unfortunately, the one known as Justicar met with an unfortunate “accident”. I heard tell that he tripped over in a dark cave somewhere… backwards on to some poison arrows and daggers … and then his head fell off. Horrifying news. And sadly, with his death so came the death of his vision for Oscura – the vision on which our trade agreement was based. The current leadership have made it very clear to us in no uncertain terms that they have no intention whatsoever to carry on with Justicar’s agenda. Indeed, it seems they wish to step up their trade in slaves and other such practices.

The senate had no choice but to declare that the trade agreement between our cities was over.

But this in no way means that we are to consider the citizens of undertown our enemies. On the contrary I would hope that all in this city and those who dwell under the earth know that we will continue to strive toward prosperity for both Peltarch and Oscura. But deals and agreements will be upheld and we will hold each other accountable for breaking such.

May those who love peace and prosperity be blessed beyond measure, and may all who seek ill for us meet a swift end!

Glory to the Jewel!