Tavern Rumors of Peltarch

• FIRE AND DEATH IN THE RIVER!

A boatload of children and refugees heading north on a river boat to escape the "shadowy doom" met a explosive end. The resulting explosion of the ship caused a cliff side avalanche downward into the river. The ship wreck and avalanche have made using the river impossible. Not only that but a second ship heading southward down the river with Defender cargo was set on fire and the crew murdered. Captain Sticks had a few things to say about this.

"Them river pirates! I told ya, I told ya all and ya laughed! I'm tellin' ya it's the river pirates!"

Meanwhile defenders at the docks of Norwick scramble everywhere, some trying to fish crates of equipment out of the river as they float past, as well as the bodies of refugees and Defenders. Though here in Peltarch the Defenders are preparing to clear the way in the river, they say it may take some time.

• ::Mariston if hearing these rumours would inform the elf that High Hold is rather surrounded by giants and also rather filled with traitors to Peltarch::

• Troff Legion looking rather haggard and tired has been seen about town asking about one "Jennifer the White". She is supposed to be a powerful Diviner. He asks in the bardic college, the priests in the templeLighthouse, temple of the Triad, Hemrods, the bardic music store, and even a few politicians seeking to know if anyone has heard of her, or her powers. To narrow the search she is said to live in High Hold.

• A group of Selunites has shown up recently at the Lighthouse Temple, though only a dozen in number, they are armed as if ready for war. What their exact purpose is, is unknown, but Aelthas was seen at the Temple talking with them and sharing smiles and laughs throughout the day.

• One fine day, a team of three leave Peltarch by the west gates. Carrying with them, traps, rope? Nets? And one large bag of fish.

Zach, Rasuil and Sabre all return the following night with grins on their faces, except for Rasuil, he was smirking at the time. Zach carrying a bag of skins, and the other hand holding a rather large shark-tooth.

• Local Selkie-boy, Zach. Has been seen lately storming out of most inns, bars and taverns. Muttering curses about some damned elf, as his casual drinking buddies take great fun in poking at him for the rumors spreading. He now splits his time between the college, and the beach.

• Rumor spreads that Zach, the manly man…was seen dressing like a woman in the middle of the commons around other women...

• A fair haired gent in bright sunny armour has been drawing some attention in the Peltarch common. If he’s not a paladin he sure does dress like one, a blazing sun embroider onto his sunny cape. He speaks of the Shadovar as if he has good knowledge of their intentions, and does his best to rally the adventurers listening to unite against their plans.

After gaining directions he sees fisher in town hall and tried to make an appointment to address members of the senate. He also moves about hoping to make contact with the local religious leaders and representatives of the order of the divine shield.

((late. Trouble with forum access))

• ((This is a rumours thread people, lets try keep discussions to a minimum or in the rant stand thread, thanks))

• Good show aye
    Maybe a meeting should be organised to ensure that information is all in one place rather than folk feeling left out due to their local at the time information is talked about?

• [having done some steps away turns again to Mariston with a rather calm expression this time]

Alright lad.Den consider dat da Council know wat i know and dere will be soon a kin of us to have a meeting wit yeh or Lycka lass.Until next time we meet..

[nods and hops on his horse to ride south hastily to the Hold]

• No no you misunderstand old chap, I do not want anyone to come begging for information. Rather how is one to know who requires information or what they know already if people do not communicate and ask? That is all

I hath done so many times myself, tis not that I seek out someone and beg for their knowledge, one realises that often tis easier for people to seek out those in the know, rather than those in the know trying to seek out everyone else.

• [listens to their words,Thorin simple shakes his head]

Very well…if dat's da only right way fer standing against da shadovars,i ll go and pass yer will lad [says to Mariston] and da Council will decide on dis proper asking.If many dwarves are trusted instead of un,so be it…

[says in a disappointed tone and leaves to get to the Hold without any more pointless dealy]

• _"YEAH!!! DRIVE THEM BACK!!!!"…Aristos screams as he thrusts a mug of ale into the air, slopping the foamy contents over the brim...

It looks as if the young mage has had a bit too much to drink and seems in a mood for reckless action..._

• Upon her release, the Nobanionite preistess wanders into peltarch hall amidst the bickering

It is not a question of trust, we stand stronger united. When one takes the percived right to dispensation of information, they divide us.

What was gained by this secrecy? I hear "not wanting the information to travel far" and "Only telling those trusted" was the latter not what I intended? The Council, The Pheonix, The Temples of the goodly gods of light. Do you not trust them?

The Shadovar know that we are in posession of that information, the slain mage was thier servant. if the others who have -Blead- and fight daily to defend against the shadovar threat, are not told of the information some have learned, we stand divided and our ignorance gives out Foes an advantage we cannot afford!

This threat is too great for a select few trusted by one to combat, We must stand united or we will fall!

With her golden mail polished and lion mask underarm

All forces of good must know so that we can unite and stand as one against the coming darkness! Together, we can have the chorus of our battlecry's roar thunder against the shadovar's ears and let them know we will not go quietly into the night, United we wrestled narfell from the chilling grasp of Wendigo and the Hungry One. United, WE CAN DRIVE THE SHADOVAR BACK TO THE SHADOWS FROM WHENCE THEY CAME!

• Ael sighs and shakes his head listening from the side

Thorin, as long as you have known me I have always been honest with you. I agree that what Elidor did showed an extreme lack of trust and respect to those who foght by his side. But I tell you this, I trust Lycka everybit as much as I trust you. And never have I known her to use anyone as a "meatshield" We all have our strengths. Could you research through old tomes and read all those archaic languages? I know I could not. Same as Lycka would not be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with us as the hordes come. But she can cast the spells needed on us to help us win. So please, refrain from this senseless splitting of our forces, all we do is make the Shadovar that much stronger.

And Mariston is it? We have not spoken much, but perhaps it should not be needed that strong allies of ours should have to seek us out for information? You can not expect them to come to you begging for the scraps you are willing to divulge. A true allie would have sought them out and asked thier counsel as well. Or do you believe you will be able to stand alone against the threat?
    As we speak the Oscurans give sanctuary to our enemies, and you four would have us driven even farther apart. Over a foolish mistake by a very foolish bard. Share what you know, and lets end this threat.

• ::quirks a brow::

Take a hit for me?

::Mariston looks puzzled at the statement::

Cannot say that hath ever occurred thus far….what an odd thing to say.

If thou wish to fight alone that is thine own choice, but it does rather seem like cutting ones nose of to spite ones face.

• _"Don't bother, Thorim. They'll call us when they need us to take the hits for them. That's their idea of working together.

Me, I took an oath to fight these Shadovar. But that doesn't mean I have to do it alongside anyone else. Neither do you."_

• The bards are the keepers of lore and always hath been, as to matters regarding the council of Moradin or others seeking information. None such group has approached the city directly seeking or offering aid in any way. After all Miss Lycka is a city employee, one of our valued and brave Knights of the Cerulean Stars.

So if the Council seeks to learn of information then why hath they not just asked?
    ::Mariston looks quizzically to the dwarf::

• [turns to Mariston as he ends talking]

''Yeh got a point dere lad.Den i take it if da lass ain't trustin me den she ain't trustin' eider da Council of Moradin.Dis or she insult da elder's wisdom for choosin' me.Eider case da Hold always stood closer to Norwick to let da bards leavin' em in da dark and i won't let my kins ta fell because of da judge of only un person…

And un last thing.Elidor ''took'' the right of non tellin da oders of the book,in contrary wit da Cedric's,a Lanthaderite dat was wit 'im,told him to share. And da book was found from more dan un lad..We already count two more hands of helpin' in da jail because of his secresy.

Un more last thing accordin' to Cedric...Assume dat shadovars already hear us right now.Dem re masters at dis so hidin any knowledge,means hidin' it only from da gud guys.Keep in mind of dis and let da bards know of it lad''