Dietrick's Disappearance

• The Halfling Defence League

((Really sorry how late this came but here it is! my holidays are here and I have time to write a story as to where Dietrick gone and to explain his disappearance in the whole finale plots))

Months before the Njast came and even before the taint of rawlinswood threat was ended…

_The captain of the silver dragoons had been noticeably going into the hills east lately, often alone to go over his own thoughts and worries.

On one such evening, as he stood upon one of the hills in the east of the valley as usual, strange lights came aglow nearby in the deeper woods. Curious, Dietrick goes into the woods to find out.

A young hin girl was held tightly around the wrist by a strange 'goat man' like creature with a purple hue.

"Let go of me!" The hin girl cried in exasperation as the goat man pulls her even more thickly and leading her behind him.

"Let girl goes , we fight!" The Captain draws the huge claymore from his back, holding it upright with two hands.

The goat man smiles sinisterly with some hidden nervousness, "Come with me you little wench, as for you…" The goat man turns to Dietrick,
    "I have warned you before that we could do the 'same' to your people... Let this be the first as of our warning to you..." The goat man makes a twisted laugh and pulls the girl into the vines crawling up behind him, and disappears.

"Wai-" The captain shouts after him, as the vines slowly start to close in, an infuriated Dietrick charges at it and jumps right into the vines just as the last bit of the vines begin to sip into the mess of a thicket.

Then the lights were gone, so have the vines as well. Butterflies hover across the spot the vine stood, now empty._