Banking?

• Is there some sort of banking system here or do people just use mules?

After losing every gold piece I've earned since coming to server its a question should have asked earlier. :roll: I don't mind complying in game with the situation but realisticly I wouldn't have been carrying the money that I had on me.

If aach coin were an ounce I doubt that I'd be carrying 37 pounds of gold around with me.

Xav\Dan

• Wouldn't a scripting banking system be easier?

πŸ˜›

• For those asking if a scripted banking system wouldn't be easier, I point you at the second paragraph of my original post:

@0c60d62f62=Sethan:

One of the future projects planned is an IG banking system, but we have a few other things that need to be finished first.

• So if you deposit to specific dm to you have to withdraw from same dm or is there a system in place that keeps track?

• @e897e41d6b=Sethan:

You can bank gold with any DM - just ping the DM channel when you'd like to do so, and if a DM is available, we'll get it banked and recorded for you.

If you make a deposit with a DM, make sure you get a screen shot of your transaction.

Z lost a lot of gold (10k, I think) when a deposit wasn't documented and I didn't have a SS to prove it had been deposited. 😞

• Droibo is still around. He relocated to Peltarch. πŸ˜‰

• @12953f28ad=Clan:

I've tried some tests over the years with putting coin in PS. I've never felt comfortable enough with it to put ALL my coin in…

is there a dev/tech POV on putting coin in persistent storage?

When Droibo's was still around (in Jiyyd), I used to stash several thousand in there because I didn't trust Mercy to give it all back in case Gurt died. Of course, I tested it pretty thoroughly before I started leaving thousands of coins in it, but it was reliable for almost 2 years for me.

• Skeet's idea sounds great. I've seen many a scripted bank system on servers without haks.

My question is, if there is going to be a % transaction fee, who gets the profits? Does this mean the banks can be PC built and owned/operated? πŸ˜›

• @197f19da75=Clan:

I've tried some tests over the years with putting coin in PS. I've never felt comfortable enough with it to put ALL my coin in…

My point of view is why do we have to put it in persistent storage, when we can be putting it into a persistent variable saved on a character's database item?

It's really simple actually.

-PC goes to Bank NPC.

-PC says he want to bank "xxx" money.

-Bank NPC's conversation adds up the amount currently in the account, and what they are banking, and adds it to a persistent variable on a PC item, and takes away the deposited money from the PC. (And a check to make sure they have enough)

-PC is saved.

-PC goes back to NPC and tell him how much he wants to withdraw. The NPC conversation action fires, subtracting the withdrawal amount from the current account balance. There is a check to make sure the withdrawal amount is not more than is currently banked.

-If the check passes, the PC is given his gold.

-At this point, a nominal fee can be charged to the PC. Lets say, 4% of the transaction they will charge you, to use their services. So every 100 coins you withdraw, they charge you 4 coins to use the service.

Very easy to script if you wanted to make yourself a custom system, but there are already some very good systems out on the vault already.

• Wouldnt it be easyer to put in an actual banking system? Im sure iv seen non hack scripted banks before. Then you would be able to just get to your money when you want instead of having to wait for a DM to come around wich isnt often for some peoples play times.

• I've tried some tests over the years with putting coin in PS. I've never felt comfortable enough with it to put ALL my coin in…

• Thanks, would have been a good thing to know.

Xav\Dan

• You can bank gold with any DM - just ping the DM channel when you'd like to do so, and if a DM is available, we'll get it banked and recorded for you.

One of the future projects planned is an IG banking system, but we have a few other things that need to be finished first.