Jiyyd braces for the assault

• The defenders work feverishly to prepare for the coming attack.

General Lyte passes from person to person, quietly delivering the following words:

@496f661433:

"We are making N'Jast pay in blood. We may not be able to kill them all, but we have to be approaching a number killed on their part, where any sensible General will see it is prudent to call off the attack, before he has nothing left to face Peltarch with.

There is a clear route around Jiyyd, filled with only animals. Some of these animals were already tamed and sent against us. I know it is costly, but we must hold, as long as we possibly can.

I am counting on you all.

I have sent messages to the N'Jastian soldiers, which should cause them much doubt about their commanders, and the prospect of their success. I am doing everything within my power to make sure you are as secure here as possible, and we have a few tricks left to ensure they take the utmost casualties.

she produces a colorful arm-flag and passes it around

When there are enough of these dyed for use, I will pass all that I have to everyone to put on just as the attack is upon us. During the last battle, it was hard to tell friend from foe, and this will keep any enemy from sneaking through or around town and pretending to be with us.

As an aside, please keep the following information only to yourselves.

We have a secret weapon we manufactured for the White Dragon War, and never used. No one has ever seen this is action, and N'Jast certainly knows nothing about it.

A little surprise is secreted in that house over there.

When the N'Jastians attack in great force, I will holler a secret code word…"Tiger". When you hear this, for the sake of your life, fall back to the center of town.

This weapon could possibly slaughter 500 troops. I need you not caught in the radius of it's killing range.

I expect a weapon of this caliber may very well defeat N'Jast, but, it will not do to risk your death using it. Thus, the warning.

Now, friends, soldiers, Defenders of Jiyyd, pray and prepare.

Much Blood will be spilled. Let us make it the blood of our enemy, who have slaughtered Jiyyd's women and children.

May the good and kindly gods watch over us all."

Jiyyd readies itself for the onslaught.

• Legion

Benji offers spare crossbows and shooting lessons as the N'Jast army looms in the east.

Remember the three steps to successfully hitting something with your crossbow. Load. Aim. Shoot.

nodnod

Also, pats the stock

Don't forget a crossbow is heavy. These ones are built pretty sturdy. Don't be afraid to smash one of those N'jastian <g>farkers</g> if you have to.

• Telli is seen toiling with others to place wooden planks near the defending points of the eastern wall defenses leaving mud where enemies would more then likely assault and break through. A few planks in a row are set in the rear forming a firm archer footing. When asked, she simply replies.

"Rains been bad latelies…and we need all da firm footing we can gets!!!"

• Legion

• A catapult is sent back with some fake heads with smiley faces drawn on them filled with Hay all wrapped in some sort of Papers as they disperse through the air the papers confetti the gorunds the Jnasties camp in* "Come JOIN US IN HELL!!! Your master hides behind your blood while I FIGHT WITH MINE! YOUR LEADERS ARE COWARDS!!! HOPE THE PAY IS WELL!!!" :!: :!:

• The sounds of mighty levers and cranks releasing strain are heard in the distance and a dark cloud of missiles fill the air. Surely Jiyyd is out of range of heavy boulders and other damaging artillery shot. To the horror of those assembled, limbs, heads and other bodies parts and whole bloated corpses of the fallen rain down upon the sleepy town. The gruesome projectiles burst and splatter on impact creating a gory and fetid sight in the once tranquil hamlet. Diligent work by the Jiyydian defenders saw the unpleasant mess mostly cleared from their streets and homes, the smell of burning meat and the dark clinging soot that follows fills the air for some hours. The mud under foot a dark red-brown as blood and viscera are trod into the dirt.