*A notice posted in the center of Jiyyd*

• A notice is posted on a sign in a conspicuous place in town. It seems to be a copy of a letter from General Lyte, and than, a copy of the reply to that letter from the bugbear Ostromog.

_"This document is a formal, publically posted request for a guarantee of safe passage, meeting and safe return from the Fortress of Ostromog, King of Bugbears. The request is being made by General Lyte Bry'Gaede of the Royal Troff Legion, to King Ostromog.

King Ostromog.
    While in your possession after being captured, I promised if released that I would return into your Fortress, alone, if it came to pass that you possessed something that I needed and I was forced to return to you.

I hereby formally request safe harbor for a small party outside of your gates, who will wait there while I proceed to meet with you therein. I request you to give your word of honor as a warrior to not attack them yourself, or with your forces or allies, or with magic or traps or other subterfuge, as they wait for me to return, and I ask that you allow a reasonable grace period for our safe return out of Mintas Wood when I leave.

I request your oath that you will treat me as a guest while in your Fortress or mines, or hall or other place I travel to, wait therein, or meet at. I ask your word for my guaranteed safety while I am there for said meeting.

I wish for your promise that no magics will be cast upon me, no curses, binding, poison, magic, chemicals, vile traps, diabolical rituals used, no damage to my person or mind be inflicted during my entry, stay or departure from your fortress and it's surrounding environment.

Interactions will be limited to speaking, on both of our parts.

I ask for your oath that you will let me leave, intact and unharmed, when I wish, after our discussion.

I am forced to carefully stipulate these conditions, after your poor treatment of the rules of parley dealing with General Grag on his last visit, and your unwholesome treatment of me when last I was within your walls.

If you refuse these reasonable conditions, which are the simple courtesys that any adversarial captains wishing to speak with one another would use in times of war, than nothing more need ever be said between us.

If, on the other hand, you will swear to uphold the real safety of myself and my small party waiting outside, as laid out in the document, then I propose to speak with you at your Fortress.

I await your reply.

Lyte Bry'Gaede
    Operations General
    Royal Troff Legion"

"These terms are acceptable, and I pledge my word to uphold them.
    Ostromog. (Seal in wax)"_