Dietrick retitles himself as Commander

• The Halfling Defence League

Dietrick explains:
    "Since the mary incident, Dietrick think dragoons call him captain but not trust him enough. Now that blight is over, Dietrick want to give himself a new, stronger image, will change his title to "commander", hopefully the dragoons will feel more inspired and trust me more."

It wasn't bout having them tell me me worth their time, but it was sumthing bout honor, but I understand ya prolly won't under this sorta thing…

And with that Dietrick just leaves off in the other direction.

Gears merely raises a brow.

"Well…y' certainly right that I haven't given Ginger any children yet. Can't deny that. An' yeah, I'll admit, I talk. Quite a bit, often enough. Though've done m'share f' th' Valley. I've helped defend it from dark gnomes. Once got smashed nearly t' death by a war machine tryin' t' keep it from doin' damage t' th'people an' property here. Fought back legions a' orcs repeatedly. Fact is, 've done plenty. But y'see-"

Gears reaches up a finger and lightly tap's Dietrick on the nose.

"Here's th' difference 'tween us Pantless. I don't parade m' good deeds 'round. I don't have t' yell m' accomplishments at th' top a' m' proverbial lungs s'that everyone'll look at me an' think m' worthy. I don't challenge everyone in a 50-mile radius t'battle me, tryin' t' get th' approval a' a bunch a' tallies s' they'll think m' a good warrior."

Gears smirks and looks right back into Dietrick's eyes.

"I went t' y' home village. I saw how y' acted there. Y' just a lost li'l boy lookin' f' someone t' tell y' y' worth their time, since y' never had a mommy r' daddy t'do it f' y'. But heya, m' not blamin' them…if y'd been m'kid...I prob'ly woulda left y' in th' mountains t' freeze t'."

And with that, Gears turns away and walks off.

Anyway since theres sooo much fuss bout this Dietrick think he'd just stay at his previous title of Captain instead, that way not so much fuss.

Dietrick raises his chin up a little and looks Gears in the eye and speaks:

"And wat right do a useless wee butt like yerself who not done nuts fer da valley or bout any of the recent troubles got to say bout the one who fixed the blight? Yer once said wat I did dun do help in any way , fact is that not true, rather I think yer just a yapping dog really… All you do is yap yap yap.... much like some dog around town heh....

Yer can't even fulfill yer duty as a man to give yer woman what she wants, some children cuz yer can't get pass yer wee fear or be a man fer once to take up responsibility... Look -boy-, maybe when yer grow up -then- you come talk to me in da face alright?"

And he just laughs loudly in Gear's face...

"Didn't say Commander Fenberry… But that does sound nice..."

• Legion

Benji looks up from a gnomish contraption he's been tinkering with

Dietrick, why in the <g>Fark</g> would you change your title to Commander Fenberry?

Gears puts his head down a moment with a hand over his eyes. Then he drops the hand as he raises his head.

"I…I can't believe y' people elected this prat. I hope I don't live t' see th' day when he's usin' th' death a' Ginger r' any a' m' other loved ones s'an excuse t' change his title t' his likin'."

"Wasn't really expecting that , just like that title more actually.."

…and Dietrick laughs heartily.

• Ginger speaks to Dietrick:

From my experience, names and titles don't inspire people or build trust. People do.

Captain, commander. Fenberry, Fenberry.

It'd be unwise to expect a title to change anybody's opinion of you or treat you differently, councilor.

_Dietrick just nodnods at that and says:

"And me ego I shall satisfy, thank you."_

Gears rolls his eyes.

"Well, if y' think a change a' title will be sufficient t' inspire trust, why not just call y'self "Trusty" Dietrick? But heya, since I dinnit call y' cap'n, I won't have any trouble not callin' y' commander either. Do what y' ego requires."