Dietrick announces to the valley - aftermath of Mary's death

• The Halfling Defence League

Atop a hill where the barracks stands, Dietrick calls for the people to gather and he speaks:

_"Dietrick told you all long while back that he will handle the fey situation. All you not listen.

Dietrick told you dragoons to trust me. All you not listen.

You want things in own hands, you get what you make with own hands. What you call "fair".

Dietrick announce now that Mary Light tree is dead, the one you killed is the real Mary. She had allergy to iron coincidentally. Dietrick will bring her body back for burial soon.

The changeling will be executed by my own hand as per the consent of the council."_

After ending his speech, he assembles the dragoons who participated in the rioting and speaks to them:

_"Dietrick thought of it for long while. As dragoons, our biggest duty is to safeguard the valley and protect the rights of our right-sized kin. Instead of trying to maintain peace, you joined the mob. What got in yer heads? Is this the way we work!?

You are made dragoons because valley trusted you to defend it, but you abused that position. Myself, is very disappointed you do not trust your own captain who have led you in battles so many a times. You all are suspended from duty fer half a year. Hope you will think on own mistakes._

Dietrick gathers what small number of trust worthy dragoons loyal to him and orders a small group to go after the hin who resigned and fled north. Orders are to capture this hin alive and detain him within the barracks. His charges are defiance of order and invoking unrest.

The second set of orders are to capture the ones who killed Mary. They are to be captured alive and locked in the barracks to await trial by the council. If given no choice at all, permission is granted to kill these murderers, but they are not to escape.

• Tiffiny goes around offering all the down dragoons hinish and gnomish pastries, along with some apples and apple juice hoping to cheer at least one or two up.

• The Halfling Defence League

After his private affairs outside, upon return Dietrick immediately sees to these issues.

To the dragoons, Dietrick clarifies:
    "If any wishes to resign and has valid reason for it, myself will approve it without hesitation. Any disapproval by the captain myself will require myself to give a valid explanation. In which case the dragoon can make an appeal to the council, if he does, the captain will have to explain to the council and after that, the dragoon will abide by whatever decision the council makes regarding his desire to resign."

Dietrick continues on a more casual tone…
    "Me knows most of you are affected by what happen as am myself. As yer captain , me have always done me best for the valley as a whole and you. In every battle me led you me was at the front. For those who do not trust me at all, and do not wish to serve, give me your resignation now, me will approve it. The new clause is simply to prevent anyone trying to desert his duty in the middle of a mission, using resignation as an excuse to defy orders is incorrect. If any of you think me trying to put strong control on your life you are wrong. Dietrick is here on voluntary basis to work for the defence of this valley, whereby me do not get pay. If any of ya think what ya going thru is hard please put yerself in my place for a moment and think how much more I face everyday, simply for the people here and having to get all these from you as well. The idea of the new clause is to build a safer system so such tragedy won't happen again, to build a better home for us. You think me may have made mistakes, but me sure you all have as well, how bout we forget this whole thing and work together to make things better? Remember the enemy is not you or me, but the fey and now the fey have only succeeded in making us weaker and them stronger, if we do not unite now we will only fall. Trust me…

Someone claimed to me you are a free people and need not obey the orders of a councilor if you think it is wrong. To that Dietrick wish you all to think on this. The councilors are appointed by the entire valley to make the choice for the valley citizen's best interest. By defying the orders of a councilor to do what you think is right, it is selfishness without regard of the entire whole of the community whereby there may be others and more than yourself who think otherwise from you.

If you still have doubts, then let what happened be the proof to my words. When I handled Trellin's case, the real boy is returned and the changeling ended, all is good. But when you have taken things into your own hands, have you killed the changeling? No? And you killed one of our own! You claimed you want to do what is right? Killing our sister is right? Killing one of our own innocent people is? Hope you all think on that.

• Eight farmers and locals are arrested and charged with complicity in the death of Mary.

The Dragoon who resigned has been brought back under guard from peltarch where he was hiding (poorly) in the tent city on the edge of town.

Morale amongst the Dragoons is at an alltime low, many seeing this as a sign that they are now prisoners of their jobs and will be charged if they try to leave.

The Captain is reputed to have said:

You are free to resign anytime you wish, but not in the middle of a mission or a war and only with my approval.

Which leads some to wonder 'what happens if you want to resign and he doesn't approve?'

The Eight being held in connection with the death fearfully await a meeting of the council . . . or the swift Justice of the Captain himself

m

• ICC

Parsley lets it be known that any Dragoon who was suspended but still wishes to work for the benefit of the valley security is to talk to him. He apperantly has some sort of special assignment for them.