Crop Circles

• Tiffiny is seen looking at the blight all bent over and confused taking more interest in the bugs moving around in the craps and chimes in a little something of her own

"You know what this looks like, it looks like that spell that telli casts with all the bugs that eat stuff"

She then calmly walks away not wanting to get an ear full of the cpt.

• ICC

Parsley seems happier now that he knows his efforts have some effect on the crops. He still blesses the field every night in hopes that something will happen in his favor.

• @ed7c5233de=Pyrus:

@ed7c5233de=rei_jin:

Bear shrugs

My apologies, you didn't say so when I mentioned this before, so how am I supposed to know what you're thinking? And I'm not being a smart arse, I'm trying to help. Geez, give a guy a chance, would you? I don't know how you've decided that iron filings won't work, but that's fine. You could have at least told me that before when I first suggested it, instead of jumping down my throat.

_Maybe Bear try being Dietrick for one day he understand why. All day long~ Dietrick have so much mess to clear, and have to explain to every outsider who expect he tell why he not do this or that, and why he thinks this and that work and not work. If he don't they say he -don't- listen to them WHILE having to fix probs at same time and then his own people dun even appreciate what he does anyway.

And no Dietrick din say, because Bear did not ask. Bear just tells what Dietrick should do. Dietrick's duty is not to hear others tell him wat he should do and answer them but to find out what he should do and do it. Understand? So after all this , it just end up Dietrick explaining alot to Bear but Bear not contribute so far in anyway to help fix this prob. Maybe Bear can start by going to bless crop with druid magik or sumthing?_

_I didn't tell you what you should do, I was making a suggestion. I haven't done anything else so far, as I don't think that normal magics will work against it. But if you would like me to use druidic magic, I will. I just can't promise that it will do much, but you already know that.

I know that you've been trying to cleanse the area with various spells, but have you considered using the spell Diminish Plants? It may slow down the growth of the plants, giving you longer to counter the blight.

You just let me know what you want me to do, and I'll do what I can for you._

• The Halfling Defence League

@0b06310e5a=rei_jin:

Bear shrugs

My apologies, you didn't say so when I mentioned this before, so how am I supposed to know what you're thinking? And I'm not being a smart arse, I'm trying to help. Geez, give a guy a chance, would you? I don't know how you've decided that iron filings won't work, but that's fine. You could have at least told me that before when I first suggested it, instead of jumping down my throat.

With that, he wanders off, a little hurt at the shortness of the response to his words.

_Maybe Bear try being Dietrick for one day he understand why. All day long~ Dietrick have so much mess to clear, and have to explain to every outsider who expect he tell why he not do this or that, and why he thinks this and that work and not work. If he don't they say he -don't- listen to them WHILE having to fix probs at same time and then his own people dun even appreciate what he does anyway.

And no Dietrick din say, because Bear did not ask. Bear just tells what Dietrick should do. Dietrick's duty is not to hear others tell him wat he should do and answer them but to find out what he should do and do it. Understand? So after all this , it just end up Dietrick explaining alot to Bear but Bear not contribute so far in anyway to help fix this prob. Maybe Bear can start by going to bless crop with druid magik or sumthing?_

• @da7e11b840=Pyrus:

@da7e11b840=rei_jin:

Bear watches the goings on, and the attempts to remove the blight. After a while, he approaches and speaks again.

_I already told Dietrick, but he didn't listen to me. This blight might be caused by Fey magics, and if so, iron filings might clear it up.

You've already tried most everything else you could think of, right? Would it hurt to try that? Worst case scenario, you waste a little iron, but at least then you've removed that possibility._

With that, he turns and leaves the valley.

Slightly irritably, Dietrick speaks to bear:
    "Dun ya be blaming people fer not doing wat ya want and act'in all smart arse when yer not even sure what da hells is going on and when yer not even sure yourself if your suggestion is going to work. This IS caused by fey magik and your idea of iron filling WILL NOT work! get it? If Dietrick knew there might be a chance Dietrick woulda tried, but it won't solve this prob.

Bear shrugs

@121afdfa17=rei_jin:

Bear watches the goings on, and the attempts to remove the blight. After a while, he approaches and speaks again.

_I already told Dietrick, but he didn't listen to me. This blight might be caused by Fey magics, and if so, iron filings might clear it up.

You've already tried most everything else you could think of, right? Would it hurt to try that? Worst case scenario, you waste a little iron, but at least then you've removed that possibility._

With that, he turns and leaves the valley.

Slightly irritably, Dietrick speaks to bear:
    "Dun ya be blaming people fer not doing wat ya want and act'in all smart arse when yer not even sure what da hells is going on and when yer not even sure yourself if your suggestion is going to work. This IS caused by fey magik and your idea of iron filling WILL NOT work! get it? If Dietrick knew there might be a chance Dietrick woulda tried, but it won't solve this prob.

• Bear watches the goings on, and the attempts to remove the blight. After a while, he approaches and speaks again.

• @13c7dbaf0d=Oddba11:

Parsley rounds up any druids/ clerics of nature deities that are willing to help him to an infected area and says that they will cast a blessing as one, so they all finish at the same time. He says the people gathered should cast spells such as bless, remove curse, and remove disease. If it has no effect, or a short lasted one, he says he'll try a group dispelling.

_The casting of a joint blessing brings out short relief. The swarming creatures (the only visible sign of the affected area while the crops remain burnt and unplanted) disappear or scatter. Cast by an individual priest, it gave maybe an hour…cast by the group may two hours of relief, before the creatures are swarming around in the affected soil again.

Casting Remove Disease clears up the blight for about an two hours or so with the group of clerics, before the blight again returns.

Remove Curse has the greatest effect of all, though it does not clear up the blight, it is clearly weakened, appearing paler and barely glowing for a whole 6 hours, before its strength returns, the strings of fungus of visible in the scorched dirt do this. The swarming creatures dwindle but do not disappear for the whole 6 hours.

Group dispelling has about the same effect of making the blight disappear for two hours cast by itself._

Miea: YAY!! big smile

Dietrick welcome Miea to use any of her druid powers to help contain the blight.

Miea Underling volunteers to help (hin druid of Lurue)

Ayrith who has now left the valley won't have anything to do with it's plight (Cleric of the winds)

• ICC

Parsley rounds up any druids/ clerics of nature deities that are willing to help him to an infected area and says that they will cast a blessing as one, so they all finish at the same time. He says the people gathered should cast spells such as bless, remove curse, and remove disease. If it has no effect, or a short lasted one, he says he'll try a group dispelling.

Pft! Silly hin your full of nothing, I wouldn't do anything to your crops, just give you a device to flame those fly things that are giving you trouble. As it is you seem to like having your casters used as their breeding ground. So I bid you good bye and good riddens! turns her back and leaves <g>stupid hins, hope the winds never favour you nor your valley.</g>

@11ed00690a=Adric:

She details the design of her fire pump to Diet, "i'm just trying to help, even though you are hins. I only have a distaste for the ones that steal"

Dietrick replies:
    "We let outsiders into our valley but they got NO rights mess in our stuff. This is warning! You NOT do a thing to crops here in the valley or we will throw you out or arrest you. You have been warned.

//Ayrith is a she

She details the design of her fire pump to Diet, "i'm just trying to help, even though you are hins. I only have a distaste for the ones that steal"

// effectivly a flamethrower

_Dietrick orders the mages to stop casting smoke spells at the insects. All mages are instructed not to openly engage in magical related activities until this is over. The room whereby the insects infested in have been barred to all mages, the sick mages are being transported to a remote corner of the valley further away from the blight, where other mages are being instructed to cast stone skin on them. Priests on the other hand are instructed to do their best, trying remove curse since it shows the most effects.

Dietrick eyes Ayrith with suspicion, questioning him on his motives, and warns him not to interfere without permission from the council. A few dragoons are asked to keep an eye on the stranger Ayrith. and to arrest him immediately should the gnome attempt to do any suspicious activity onto the crops without permission from the council._

• *Upon hearing that The Valley is also infected by the blight, Z drops by to see what they are doing about it and how it seems to be going.

When he sees the burned out fields, he cringes and wispers a silent prayer.

He takes out a quill pen and some parchment and attempts to copy the crop circles (in order of appearance).

Before heading back to Norwick, he talks to the maggot infected mage and his caretakers. Z will jot down any important details of the conversation.*

Hmmm…

• Hearing of the familiar blight that plagues the Valley, Norwick's Ambassador, Ronan, makes a visit. Having experienced the flies in his skin before, he makes a suggestion or two..

Try having your mages cast a stoneskin spell on themselves, so the maggots have a harder time digging into the skin.

Also try having mages work in short shifts, so the maggots do not infest them so severely.. this will allow quicker healing.. hopefully.

I've never tried these methods before, but it is something that may work.

Ayrith a gnome, who recently visited the valley. She tries to organise a large urn on wheels, a large cork and the innards of a device known as a pump. She all so calls for a large quantity of alchemist fire, alcohol or any other type of flammable fluid.

She has been giving "You don't need magic to make bugs burn" as a reason for what’s she’s organising, though no one has really paid her any attention or helped her, nor has she detailed her plan.

• @a3b64a531d=Pyrus:

Mages are ordered to cast smoke type spells at the blight at dusk for pest extermination. Spells such as circle of doom are used.

_The vermin may be impeded for the night these spells are cast, three more mages are bitten stray flies escaping the smoke and drawn to their casting. They are infested with the maggots crawling through their connective tissues just under their skin. Their spells too are impaired afterward.

The clerics treating the first mage bitten can determine by now that its these maggots that feed on the magic the mages channel to cast their spells, that cause the interference.

A few adult flies are caught emerging from the first victim mage. A few days later, he is recovered from his ordeal and back on duty. However there is a small infestation of the flies where he was kept while being treated._