Pen and Paper spells.

• Greetings,

This has been done before, but never on this kind of scale.

From time to time, dm's like to use various different spells in events to help liven up the event or provide a way forward. There has been some thought as to how these spells are learned/gathered and as a result, I have decided to put up this announcement.

So! I am offering the chance to learn pnp spells for casting classes that learn spells either on level up or via scrolls. How will it work you say? Simpler than you would think.

You would send me a pm over the forums with the spells you wish to learn/replace current spells with and a reason for doing so (in the case of bards and sorcs). This reason should explain why you are suddenly getting the use of this spell.

Wizards will have to pay a cost in gold to acquire the scroll to learn the spell, equalling 100 gold flat, with the costs as follows

First Circle Spell - 100 gold
    Second Circle Spell - 200 gold
    Third Circle Spell - 400 gold
    Fourth Circle Spell - 800 gold
    Fifth Circle Spell - 1600 gold
    Sixth Circle Spell - 3200 gold
    Seventh Circle Spell - 6400 gold

These costs are temporary until I can find a price I can decide on.

Sorcerors and Bards will have to sacrifice a spell altogether and let me know which one they are sacrificing so I can note it in the book I give out. It should be noted that if the spell is seen being used outside of it's new use, penalties will be swift and quite harsh.

How it will work :

The applicant for PnP spells can apply through forum personal message to me for the spells that they would like to learn. It should be noted that when you send the pm, it should include the spell entry from the book you found it in so I can review it. For the sake of being thorough, ensure that your caster can use the spell and it isn't of a forbidden school before you send the pm.

You will then get a book from me in game that will list the Pnp spells you know and their effects for dm ease-of-use. For Sorcerors and Bards, they will also list the spells you have sacrificed to be able to use the pnp spells.

This book will be quasi IC, if wizards lose this book, they will be unable to memorize and cast these spells until it is recovered.

Proper protocol for using these spells : You MUST inform the dm running the event what pnp spells you are taking when resting if you are in an event. If you do not, then you will not have the spell to use.

The above is for mages and clerics mainly. Sorcerors and bards have their spells on a much more spontanieous basis.

Happy Spelling.

Edit : Discussion on the new system and possible improvements has been moved to Here

• Since there has been some confusion with how PnP work, I'm bumping this.

• I'll be restarting this service. Submissions should be sent to me via forum pm. It will function as listed above. Keep in mind that a spell may be refused if deemed problematic for whatever reason.

• For the time being, this service is suspended, pending the outcome of events during and after the finale.