Acquaintance of Lilly. (Silver clouds and Lit Candles)

• Some time Ago, Peltarch, Narfell, Faerun Era

Told from the view of Ikurus Darkrune

Age 22 and up

"Hated emotions dance the day away"

I got up with a yawn and a stretch. I took a look around the pricey room i had payed at the Dancing Mermaid. I took it just to show off, really. The girl was gone, thank the heavens. With a groan a managed to drag myself out of bed. Pulled my clothes on and adjusted my hair, slowly dragging my feet to the door, eyes half open, taking embrace all the sloth inside of me.

After a walk down the stairs and into the main room, the daylight helped wake me up. I squinted and looked around. The usual drunks, probably the same as last night, still drinking there sorrow and misery away. Giving them little regard, i made my way to the exit.

The door creaked open, then back shut again. The chilling wind that swept my hair back and forth and refreshed my face felt good after spending just a few seconds in that humid bar.

A stretched my arms and let out a big yawn as I walked. Nodding politely to the people in passing.

“Ikurus” A familiar blunt demanding voice came from my left. I took a quick glance to see who it could be.

It was Sterr. Deacon Sterr, notorious sailor and weapons dealer, alleged pirate involved in all legitimate and illegitimate means of making money around.

“Captain” I promptly stated as I turned and walked towards him.

He was sitting down on a public bench; he tapped the spot beside him. I sat down and leant in for a whisper.

“I want you to join Mister Vincent in Norwick, help him sell his stock and give him this.”

He gave me a few hardwood longbows; I slung them over my shoulder without a second thought. Then I nodded.

“No problem, boss” I was reduced to this, a delivery boy. I was hired to be a public speaker for Deacon Sterr, not to deliver bows to some backwater town. Blasphemy, using Ikurus Darkrune to deliver bows instead of using his speaking talents to your advantage.

I promptly nodded and began to head south. Bows slung over my shoulder. After a few hours of walking, I finally made it to Norwick.

I made my way past the infernal well, towards the south gate where Mister Vincent usually sells his stock. When I got there, he was leaning on the wall, mumbling his usual “Bows for sale” at any passers.

“ ‘ey mate, sales goin’ good?” I grinned and made my way over to him, handing him the bows.

“At this Proice? Sales’r goin great” he took the bows while I leaned on the wall next to him. We stood there for a few hours, made a few sales. I yawned every now and then, it wasn’t so boring since we were making money. No one could turn down an under priced longbow. Sterr was a genius, as was Mister Vincent.

At that moment, I saw her.

**_She came up to the fire, swaying her hips from side to side. A sweet innocent smile on her face as she nodded to every single person in passing. She walked in slow motion, every thing seemed to slow down. All was blurred and fuzzy exept her. She glowed, an aura of light around every part of her body. She slowly walked past me, turned her head to me and smiled with a small nod and a wink…

“She’s a looker, eh mate? I think she’d do jus’ nicely as a servant woman for Sterr” Cray snickered beside me and nudged my ribs suggesting a laugh.

Time went back to normal, my vision became clear again and the aura of light around her disappeared. I must have been hallucinating. Usually when I see a pretty girl I just check out her rear and grin, making dirty remarks to whoever I’m with. This one was different, strange. I turned to cray and whispered in the politest mannar.

“Shut up, Cray” I gave him the slightest of frowns.

He shrugged, obviously did not care and took no offense.

“Bows for sale” He mechanically said once more.

**_She sat down at the foot of the tree near the fire, holding her mandoline; she began to play the sweetest of songs. The melody echoed throughout my head softly. My vision become blurred again, leaving only her and her mandoline surrounded by another aura of light. The song slowed down, i began to hear a pulse. Yes, a pulse in my ears. It was my heart beat, no mistaking it. Why was i hearing my heatbeat? It wouldn't stop. The song, nor the heartbeat….

I shook my head slightly and gathered my bearings. Everything finally turned back to normal.

I decided to go talk to her…

//OOC this does NOT portray any of Ikurus' current IG views of life, this was BEFORE the marriage broke to pieces//****

• **"Two Hundred dollars."

" 'allo there lil' lady. That was a pretty nice song, if you don't mind my saying" I complimented her music when she was done playing. She giggled, then nodded with a smile.

"Thank you."

I then proceeded to dig my coin pouch, take out two hundred gold pieces, and hand them over.

"Here ya go, playin' like'at deserves a little reward." I promptly stated.

Wait. I had just given away two hundred gold. For a song. And I didn't care. Strange.

Her eyes widened, she took the bag of gold and looked inside.

“This much? I think you took the wrong bag, sir.” She held the bag up towards me, insisting I take some back. The thoughts began to race through my head.

“Should I take it back? No. She deserves it.
    Wait, it’s my gold. I worked hard for it.
    It’s just two hundred gold. Really, you should be nice and help the bard community.
    The hells with the bard community.
    Shut up and leave it.”

I cleared my throat and managed to croak out “Oh, I insist you keep it.”

She smiled and tucked the gold purse next to her own on her belt, then patted the ground beside her.

“You must really like music, what’s your name?” She asked with a smile.

Thoughts once again begun to sweep my head.

“Your name you idiot. Tell her your name.
    Give her a fake name, sleep with her, and then beat it back to Peltarch.
    But she’s nice.
    Like that’s ever stopped you before, Darkrune, just do it…”

“Ikurus Darkrune” I cleared my throat once more and blinked. “What’s yours”

“Lilly” She said, plain and simple.
    Lilly…
    Lilly…
    Lilly…
    Lilly…

I could have said that name all day long and never get bored.
    Lilly. Lilly.
    Lilly. Lilly.
    Lilly. Lilly.
    Lilly. Lilly.

“So, Mister Darkrune, what do you do?” She broke my trail of thought.

I cleared my throat.

“Public spokesman for a Mister Deacon Sterr, at the moment, miss Lilly”

“Ooooh, finally someone who doesn’t just hunt down goblins all day!” She said in a teasing but playfull tone.

“Well, yes… I don’t hunt goblins but I still make money.” I bluntly stated, like a moron. An idiot. Of course I still made money, now she’d think I was poor. Idiot.
    Idiot.
    Idiot.
    Idiot.

“Now of course you do” She giggled and flipped her hair back.

Okay, I was in the clear. She was ignoring my stupid comment.

“I gotta go now mister Ikurus, maybe I’ll see you around some more, huh?”

I nodded and waved.

Wait. Wasn’t I going to say some slimy comment and lure her to an inn room drunk? It's easy, just get her to buy a drink, then ask her if she wants to go upstairs! It had not even crossed my mind until just then. She had already left.

I got up and walked back over to Cray.

“You know, mate, you just spent a lot’v sterr’s money” Cray said bluntly, always leaning on the wall and had lit a cigar, he was still holding his cigar case.

“Gimme one’a those” I snatched the cigar case, lit one using his, then tossed him back the case. “Don’t you think I know that? I’ll pay sterr back outta my own pocket”

Cray just chuckled softly.

“Mate you’ll never get rich that way”

He was right. What was I doing. I just gave two hundred dollars to this girl I just met, for playing a song!

_It was a nice song, though.

But two hundred dollars?

It was worth it, she was pretty and talented.

But two hundred dollars?

She smiled a lot, laughed a lot.

But two hundred dollars?

Two hundred dollars.

At that moment I didn’t care anymore.

Two hundred dollars didn’t seem like anything to me.

It was nothing, just pieces of metal._
    I hoped to see her again,

And I did…**