Westan Kross

• Login: Archon Prime
    Full Name: Westan Kross

Please not that at this time Westan is not related to Mingal. It's just a freak coincidence that our
    last names are the same. However, depending on what me and Mingal can work out, this might change.
    ā€“-
    My name is Westan Kross. I am a servant of Tyr, and a warrior in Justice' cause.
    Years ago, though, I was but a mere apprentice priest at the temple of Tyr in Neverwinter. I was 14 years old, and eager to learn His ways. I performed my daily duties, humble as they may have been, to the other priests. I've never known my parents, being left in the temple doors as a baby. Although I've spent some time searching for them, I've given it up since. If they've seen fit to abandon me to the graces of Tyr, then they aren't worth my attention.

Anyway, I was sweeping the temple one day. I remember it was spring.
    Birds were nesting, children were singing and the warmth of the sun proved a welcome change from the cold winters. I'm not sure how, but somewhere near the main doors of the temple, a candle had fallen over into a nearby curtain. The results were devestating. Within a few moments, the whole temple stood ablaze. It was early, and non of the priests were in the temple at the time. They were out in the streets, gathering donations. I was alone in a burning building, and since the doors
    were on fire too, there was no way out.
    I panicked, running around the temple frantically searching for a way out. By this time, the smoke was starting to constrict me from within. Finally, in an act of desperation, I slammed myself into the massive wooden doors of the temple, and attempted to burst trough. The doors, weakened by the fire, and myself, strengthened by fear, collided.
    The doors broke open, and I was able to climb my way trough. Just as I took my first breath of fresh air, and saw the mob gathered, a piece of burning wood fell from the roof, into my eyes. I felt my eyes burning shut, and I screamed from pain. I crawled just a few more feet before finally collapsing.

The next day, I woke up in a nearby house. The priests were treating to my burns, but I quickly discovered that I could not open my eyes. Horrified as I may have been, there was little that could be done. Even the good priest's healing magic could not replace my eyes. It was truly my darkest hour, and I could already picture me as a blind beggar, lost in the streets and lost in his eternal darkness. One night however, I had a dream...or should I say a vision. A figure, shining with devine light,
    stood at my bed. He never told me his name, but I know this was my Lord Tyr. His voice was friendly, yet stern, stating he would
    grant me his sight, but in return I would have to pledge myself to his cause, and become one of his warriors. Seeing as I had planned
    on becoming a priest of Tyr myself anyway, the pledge didn't seem too hard at first. But I quickly realized that I would not be a very
    affective warrior without my eyes. Tyr answered my questions by placing his hand on my former eyes. After a few moments, he took away his hand
    and said: "you have a long journey ahead of you. Rest and learn to use your new Sight. I will guide you, and watch over you."
    He then walked away, dissapearing after a few steps.

The following morning, I woke up to a strange sight. A great variety of swirling colours and shapes surrounded me, and I was greatly confused.
    The priests agreed that I had been touched by Tyr himself, but then again it is their duty to strengthen the faith in him.
    As days went by, I began to understand more and more of my new Sight. Although not far, I could now see the outline of objects and walls around me. I could also see creatures, and people again, but in a most particular way. I no longer saw their body, for my eyes had been lost forever.
    No, his Sight granted me the vision of their soul, of their spirit. I see people as humanoid shimmerings.
    Although I don't see any details, in time I've learned to distinguish man from woman, and human from dwarf from halfling. But this is merely by size of the form. Up to this day, I have difficulty seeing a difference between humans and elves, or gnomes and lings, for example.

Also, with training, I understood that the colours and shapes in these apparitions told me much about the person I looked at. They could tell me some basic characteristics of their spirit, what kind of person they are. Also, it seems I can sometimes distinguish their dominant emotions, even if they try to hide it. But I'm still learning to use this part of my Gift.

In the following weeks, I spend much time learning to use my new Sight, and practicing my sword arm, to become a holy warrior as He had commanded me.
    One day, while I was standing outside, I could see a bright shimmering at the horizon. Mind you that I cannot "see" that far, a mere dozen feet, but I knew that this shimmering was His arm leading me to my duty. I left the temple later that day, and set off in search of the origin of the light.
    Years passed, as I followed with caravans, making myself useful wherever I could, and learning better to use both my Gift and sword in His cause.
    Finally, I arrived in the distant land of Narfell, and the town of Norwick. It is from this land the shimmering came, and it is here my destiny will unfold...

• Reviewed, XP pending