Regarding the Pillars

• a letter is delivered for the commanders of the Camp

To whom it may concern,

I have studied the pillars in the pass, and I believe I finally have a correctly decrypted them. They are part of a ritual to summon the demon Arvangel; and they require blood sacrifice for him to come to this world. Unfortunately, certain individuals have apparently advanced this ritual, including the Iron Chain Clan of Orcs, who threw bodies at the pillars to summon undead. To this end, I believe we need to try to guard the pillars whereever possible, and I am contacting the towns to try to organize regular guards. Hopefully, we can delay the culmination of this ritual long enough for myself or someone else to uncover a way to stop or reverse this ritual. I also have a request, I was wondering if the Camp could extend its guards to the pillar near the bridge to prevent further blood sacrifice. In the meantime, be on guard, we've found two sites, but according to my research, there should be four, where Arvangel has either risen or fallen.

Sincerely,

Aramuil Holimion
    Senior Advisor Arcane for Norwick
    Overseer of the Southern Nars for Spellweaver

• Guards are dispatched to guard the obelisks, rotating off and on to patrol the bridge to the south as well. At the same time, a messenger is sent runnning south to Norwick hunting the mage Aramuil. When read, it reads simply:

To Senior Mage,

How thoughtful of you to show concern for a place and people that are of the utmost concern to your love and wife. Why yes, we will drop everything and make sure the precious stone is not fed blood, because beyond just being an evil ritual, it does very much concern our land being this close to the camp. Perhaps next time when you are not so busy off defeating the evils of all the land, you might find time in your busy schedule to actually come and visit us, rather then sending a letter, as we know we are as much in your heart as we are in yours. Please, send us a letter at the soonest possible moment that we can stop staring at said rock, or if something else should change, such as you fail and this demon is summoned, in which case, I am sure we will want to reinforce our guards around camp, for as much good as it might do against a demon.

Jonni