Regarding the Pillars

• A letter is delivered to the Legion Hall in jiyyd

To Generals Lyte and Theaon,

I have studied the pillars in the pass, and I believe I finally have a correctly decrypted them. They are part of a ritual to summon the demon Arvangel; and they require blood sacrifice for him to come to this world. Unfortunately, certain individuals have apparently advanced this ritual, including the Iron Chain Clan of Orcs, who threw bodies at the pillars to summon undead. To this end, I believe we need to try to guard the pillars whereever possible, and I am contacting the towns to try to organize regular guards. Hopefully, we can delay the culmination of this ritual long enough for myself or someone else to uncover a way to stop or reverse this ritual. In the meantime, be on guard, we've found two sites, but according to my research, there should be four, where Arvangel has either risen or fallen.

Sincerely,

Aramuil Holimion
    Senior Advisor Arcane for Norwick
    Overseer of the Southern Nars for Spellweaver

• A similar report lies tacked to the door, consisting of a map and a series of locations marked with a red circle. The locations form a rough shape, and within the middle of them, near Sam's Hill, is a large X, with a circle around it. In addition, there is a large amount of information regarding the methods of summoning and a rough sketch of a pentagram on a spare sheet of paper, with the points highlighted and small, illegible notes in the margins. Finally, a written at the bottom of the paper is a note: "Going to talk to Calen about this later…I've my suspicions about Iria and I fear the worst. Hopefully I can get some answers tonight...

A pair of initials, FA, are sketched into the corner.