A mission into the Spider woods

• Raver steps up on a rock near the heartfires and calls everyone gathered to silence with a shout.

I'm needin' a few volunteers to head into the Spider woods huntin' for the cause o' the Rot. I've gotten some information that the person causin' it is hidin' in a cave in the Cove. I need clear heads, strong arms, an' those with any kind o' healing skills.
    If ye can, we'll be meetin' back here.

(( Sunday 2pm eastern time. ))

• _A large and impressive group of volunteers gathered at Raver's request, including camp residents William, Vine, Star, Vagabond (aka Hooded Traveller), Asha and Lycka, aswell as Norwick's own Mord Cabro, Z, the huge half-orc called BRICK, Fadia Nailo of the circle and some of Silver Valley's finest in the form of Ginger Tealeaf, Gears and Benji.

After receiving some final instructions from the informant, who turned out to be none other than Taly herself, Raver lead the group out into the blight-ridden forest, to the hidden cave where the one responsible for the rot was said to reside. The group returned some time later, many looking pale and weakened, all reeking of death and disease, but alive and in good spirits. In fact, the group returned with one more individual than those who set off, namely a limping black panther rescued from the cave. The large cat seems to have taken a liking to Asha, so far treating most others with a healthy suspicion.

Possibly the last of the camp's visiting treants appeared later, saying that the trees were once more whispering after being deathly silent for so long. Many take this as a good sign, indicating perhaps that life is now returning to the woods. While the fight against the Rot may not yet be won completely, it seems an important step has been taken on the road to success.

Exactly what transpired in the cave is best asked of the brave people who ventured there. There is talk of madness, disease and undead creatures, but the main topic of interest afterwards seems to be that of a badger who took an unhealthy interest in Mord, mauling the militiaman brutally. Lycka can be overheard at the heartfires later, composing a quick-paced and rythmic, chanting song about the incident whilst playing the drums:_

"Badgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadger…oh, oh!
    Lonelybadger, angrybadger, badgermatingseasonbadger, oh, ohhh!
    Enter Mord, MilitamanofNorwick, fair and hairy uh-oh!
    Badger-Frenzy!"

The song seems to trail off into a wild drum solo at this point, Lycka giggling too hard to continue the improvisation.

//edited to include Z, my bad for forgetting! If there are further participants accidentally omitted, send me a pm and I'll edit further 🙂

• @c5f3e74728:

I really wanted to be there, but in the end, I showed up just in time to be late. I hope it was a good time nonetheless 🙂

• It would seem that a hooded figure, not seen for ages, has expressed some interest in coming along.

• Jerrick sends a note via wolf, and the wolf looks tired, as if he came from far away.

I hope this reaches everyone in time. I will not be able to make it, I am currently caught up with a matter that needs some attention. Please relay the events to me when you get back, I'll probably be back tomorrow. I wish you all luck and Meilikki's blessings

((G/f has a photoshoot that I have to leave the house 15 minutes into this event for. Sorry guys.
    Now i have to think up a good reason Jerrick wasn't able to make it 😛 Any Dm's wanna give Jerrick trouble? ))

• Mord sends a message to Raver and William

Word has reached Norwick of this endeavor. I would try and open me schedule to join in er at least speak with ye two about recent events in the Rawlinswood. Our troubles may be mutual…and may be growin.

Colonel Mord Cabro
    Norwick Militia

• ((for what its worth I'll try and be there 🙂 if I can get the times right…_scratches head- "what time zone am I in again"))

• @47bce4c7e1=SummonerX:

((Pretty boy promised a few folks he'd help if they'd need it. I'll try to make it 🙂 ))

((so you are bringing wolf? :lol: ))

• ((Not sure what's all going on that day for me, but I'll see if I can make it.))

• ((Pretty boy promised a few folks he'd help if they'd need it. I'll try to make it 🙂 ))

• ((Sorry my druid would love to go but player will be gone))

• ((might be able to make it… undecided on which character, though))

• //think HT c can make it

• The Halfling Defence League

//Fad has a vested interest in going…

...but her player will unfortunately be at work! 😞

• ICC

((I suppose it's possible for me to go…..but most GC members kinda, uh, hate all my characters....we'll see))

• ((I wont be able to make it my inability to log in when parents are home or awake means nothing during standard times for me. wish i could be. I guess assume Tala is watching the camp while the others take the battle to the enemy. ))

• ((damn that's Monday in Australia :(( ))